Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dear Broncos: Just pay Brandon Marshall already

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Players whine all the time. Anquan Boldin whines, but I bet you would take him on the Broncos... I never called out ANYBODY'S fandom. I just said that I was surprised I've seen that so many people want him gone.

Goodell has already said that he is not being suspended. Also, the Broncos told him 2 times last year that his hip was fine, when clearly it wasn't. I'd be pissed too. He's asking for more money because he deserves more money. BTW, you weren't there when D-Will was killed so I think it's pretty wrong of you to put that on him. None of us know what happened for sure. Also, nothing shows that he has EVER touched one of his spouses.

I do agree that I don't like him holding out and that he needs to get to camp. But he also deserves a new contract, so hopefully he'll get one soon.
    Also, Anquan Boldin doesn't beat up his girlfriend every 3 months. Huge difference.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    You do realize it won't just be a 1 game penalty every time he screws up? Next time he screws up (and really, based in his history do you really think he is going to change?) he's gone for at least 4 and probably 8 games. I honestly can't fathom how you don't care at all about his off-field issues.
    I don't think he'll be screwing up any more. I think he's learned his lesson. I also don't think he ever hit his gf. That's my opinion. We weren't there. We don't know what happened. NOTHING has been proven to say that he ever hit his gf. I care about what he does off the field, but not enough to not give him a new contract. I care about what he does on the field, and on the field he's been great for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I don't want him gone. None of us WANT him gone. So lets get that out of the way. But, if he continues with his off-the-field problems, then sa la vie.

No, Goodell has said he won't get suspended for the incident with the fiance. As I have now pointed out three times, he still may face suspension regarding the trial he is facing.

I'm not putting it on him, but I've read enough reports that Brandon Marshall and his cousin caused the fight by spraying champagne all over the damn club, and then not backing down from the confrontation to know that Brandon Marshall was heavily involved in his death because of his utter stupidity. You know, kind of like repeatedly beating your women.

True. I have little patience for this dude.

True. I like him as a player.

Let's distinguish between the two.
    That's right, I do remember Goodell saying he was out of clear about the last incident but there was nothing about the trial yet. Even if Marshall started the incident that led to Williams death, does not mean anything and should not be held against him at all. If someone is angry enough to KILL someone over being sprayed with champagne then there is something wrong with that person. At that time (and now) Brandon was young. People make mistakes, especially when alcohol is involved. If he would have known that spraying those guys with champagne and then arguing with them would have got a friend of his killed, he would've never done it.

And again, nothing has been proven to say that he's EVER hit a woman.

I agree that he's been an idiot off the field for the most part. I also feel like he did a great job last year with the exception of the 1 incident that was completely thrown out and dismissed. I think Brandon has learned his lesson. I doubt he gets in to any more trouble. I also think it's messed up that the Broncos training staff lied to him about his bum hip. With a messed up arm and a messed up hip he still put up gaudy numbers last year. He's one of only a handful of people who have ever had 2 100 catch seasons back to back. He's only going in to his 4th season. To trade this guy would be absolutely ridiculous. Give him his freaking contract, and give it to him NOW.

Adopted Bronco:
    Marcus Thomas

It seems like a lot of people forget that we were in contract negotiations with Marshall back in February which we halted as soon as a he got arrested again. If he would have kept his nose clean like he promised he would have a new contract. I don't want to see Marshall gone, but can the broncos finally play some %&$!ing hardball for once? Tell his ass he can play for us or spend the year sitting in orlando. With his hip surgery he isn't going to get jack **** for money if he sits out an offseason and then plays half-heartedly through the year. If the bengals managed to keep from trading Mr. Ochocinco we can get out of this without trading marshall.

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived MadMax For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    It seems like a lot of people forget that we were in contract negotiations with Marshall back in February which we halted as soon as a he got arrested again. If he would have kept his nose clean like he promised he would have a new contract. I don't want to see Marshall gone, but can the broncos finally play some %&$!ing hardball for once? Tell his ass he can play for us or spend the year sitting in orlando. With his hip surgery he isn't going to get jack **** for money if he sits out an offseason and then plays half-heartedly through the year. If the bengals managed to keep from trading Mr. Ochocinco we can get out of this without trading marshall.
    True! It's just easier to blame McDaniels instead of Marshall or other players being responsible for his/their actions. I don't know of any employer that would give a pay raise if the employee is not reliable. And good thing the Pro Bowl is selected in the middle of the season because Wiegmann would have been the only one going if it was voted on after the season (bought this up because Marshall is supposedly a Pro Bowl WR then again I was told many months ago the Pro Bowl is a joke).

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Ok, now look at the flip side. Marshall's production at WR has been near the elite level, but he is being paid like guys like Greg Eslinger were paid, or Wesley Woodyard, or Paul Ernster, Brian Clark, Andre Hall, Selvin Young, Anthony Aldridge, etc.

Marshall has been making the same as late round or undrafted free agents, yet nobody can make a case that he and those other players are at the same level.

So, on the one hand, he signed a contract, and holding out is wrong. Bottom line, players need to honor their contract. However, at the same time, let's not disregard the fact that Marshall knows he is WAY underpaid no matter how you look at it.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I find it interesting that Scheff was suppose to be gone but he got over Cutler being traded, showed up and has stayed for all the OTA's. He is still on the team as today and he's one of Jay's best friends. It sounds like Sheff is doing what the coaches are asking and doing his best to stay on this team. When he broke his foot a couple of years ago it really set him back but IMO he has fought through his injuries and has worked hard.

Brandon was arrested in Feb for a incident with a different women. So that had to send up red flags. None of us know what's going to happen with the DUI. Didn't Paymah get suspended for his DUI that happened like 2 years before his suspension? If Brandon's new contract has "off field" clauses in it then Brandon needs to grow up and show he's willing to walk the walk and sign it. I do hope he comes back, he has some real talent but he needs to protect that talent and grow up.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, now look at the flip side. Marshall's production at WR has been near the elite level, but he is being paid like guys like Greg Eslinger were paid, or Wesley Woodyard, or Paul Ernster, Brian Clark, Andre Hall, Selvin Young, Anthony Aldridge, etc.

Marshall has been making the same as late round or undrafted free agents, yet nobody can make a case that he and those other players are at the same level.

So, on the one hand, he signed a contract, and holding out is wrong. Bottom line, players need to honor their contract. However, at the same time, let's not disregard the fact that Marshall knows he is WAY underpaid no matter how you look at it.
    Tned you are so right about his talent and that in this day and age and with his talent he is underpaid. The problem is IMO that Brandon has hurt himself with his off the field issues. I think he would have a new contract if he didn't have the issue in Feb along with the DUI.

The world is a different place than it was a year ago. People that are really good at their job are having a tough time keeping them. I know that my business is scary down to the point that I'm going to have to make some major changes to keep it going. So my tolerance with Brandon has gone down. I would love to see him stay he has such talent but only if he shows that he really is growing up and is willing to be accountable for his actions, like a incentive filled contract.
    Getting Stoked

12. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

just can't compare the NFL contracts with the working place of the everyday man.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I find it interesting that Scheff was suppose to be gone but he got over Cutler being traded, showed up and has stayed for all the OTA's. He is still on the team as today and he's one of Jay's best friends. It sounds like Sheff is doing what the coaches are asking and doing his best to stay on this team. When he broke his foot a couple of years ago it really set him back but IMO he has fought through his injuries and has worked hard.

Brandon was arrested in Feb for a incident with a different women. So that had to send up red flags. None of us know what's going to happen with the DUI. Didn't Paymah get suspended for his DUI that happened like 2 years before his suspension? If Brandon's new contract has "off field" clauses in it then Brandon needs to grow up and show he's willing to walk the walk and sign it. I do hope he comes back, he has some real talent but he needs to protect that talent and grow up.

Scheff also hasn't played enough to earn any 'right' to ask to be traded. If you don't think that the Cutler situation has anything todo with this, I think ou may be ignoring the obvious. But I don't think its purely the Cutler trade at all. I think if Cutler was in town, Marshall would be in camp. HOwever, I also know that Marshall can see that he is WAY underpaid for the production he has put on the field.

Its easy for us to say "play out your contract." How many here would simply accept being paid MUCH MUCH less than your peers that you are doing comparable work to? None of you, if you had the means to get a raise, would simply accept being paid half of what our co-worker is when doing the same amount of work..... and out producing them.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

All very true. However, until his off the field issues clear up i dont think any team would be willing to pile on a crapload of money for a player that may not see the field due to suspensions. As has been pointed out, if not for his latest issues he probably would of had a new contract by now. Bowlen may have offered him one that had some stipulations attached to it and maybe Brandon just didnt want to sign it. We dont know what was said in his meeting but to "assume" that Denver is sitting on their hands is a bit premature.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    He is nicknamed "The Beast" for a reason.
    He is also nicknamed "Baby TO" ...FWIW

18. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

Its easy for us to say "play out your contract." How many here would simply accept being paid MUCH MUCH less than your peers that you are doing comparable work to? None of you, if you had the means to get a raise, would simply accept being paid half of what our co-worker is when doing the same amount of work..... and out producing them.
    A lot of us probably wouldnt have a job if we were constantly getting in trouble with the law and out of work. You can argue he needs to get a raise all day long but its much more than just on the field performance that go into his raises. My guess is if his off the field issues were squeeky clean this wouldnt even be an issue.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Tned you are so right about his talent and that in this day and age and with his talent he is underpaid. The problem is IMO that Brandon has hurt himself with his off the field issues. I think he would have a new contract if he didn't have the issue in Feb along with the DUI.

The world is a different place than it was a year ago. People that are really good at their job are having a tough time keeping them. I know that my business is scary down to the point that I'm going to have to make some major changes to keep it going. So my tolerance with Brandon has gone down. I would love to see him stay he has such talent but only if he shows that he really is growing up and is willing to be accountable for his actions, like a incentive filled contract.
    Agreed. Considering his off field issues, hip, hand and the hanging judge that is the commissioner, I think the Broncos would be crazy to do something like make him the highest paid receiver (or put him in that range), but I can't help but realize he is dramatically underpaid based on production.

The ideal scenario, for the Broncos and Marshall, is that he plays this year, keeps his nose clean, puts up big numbers and the Broncos sign him to a big contract after the '09 season.

Right now, we just don't know all the details, so we don't know if the issue is them being way off on money, or if there are other problems with the relationship.
    Posting from a mobile phone. Short replies and typos are likely.

22. The Following User High Fived Tned-Mobile For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

If this were Eddie Royal....I'd be very upset.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Velcro View Post
    If this were Eddie Royal....I'd be very upset.
    I don't know. Maybe ER is thinking if the douchebag (aka Brandon Marshall) is moved he becomes the Broncos' #1 receiver. ER doesn't strike me as having that mentality though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information