Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Finals

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2012 NBA Finals

I'm not sure I've looked forward to an NBA Finals as much as this one, ever. There are so many storylines, and the best two players in the game.

I'm overly curious to see what Durant does on the ultimate stage. And what LeBron does in his third shot on that stage.

The Thunder have two budding stars in Westbrook and Harden. Do they take the next step? Can a team, this young, with this much talent, and two of its stars already locked up in long term deals win a championship?

Fascinating.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 06-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

I suppose my hatred for Miami slightly exceeds my dislike for OKC. I like Durant and I like Harden's game. There are player on Miami that I like as well (Battier), but I still have no respect for the way Wade won his first title and the way LeBron left Cleveland.

So...I guess I'll root for Durant in this one. To hell with the rest of the 2 teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Dont really care who wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm not sure I've looked forward to an NBA Finals as much as this one, ever. There are so many storylines, and the best two players in the game.

I'm overly curious to see what Durant does on the ultimate stage. And what LeBron does in his third shot on that stage.

The Thunder have two budding stars in Westbrook and Harden. Do they take the next step? Can a team, this young, with this much talent, and two of its stars already locked up in long term deals win a championship?

Fascinating.
    Well, certainly I have never looked forward to an NBA Finals as much as this one!

The whole city is just electric. . .it has been for the past few weeks, but this is a whole other level.

Who would have thought, about 15 years ago, when this city bravely started the MAPS program, that not only would their wildest dream of landing an NBA or NHL team come true, but that the world championship would be played in OKC? This is success beyond the wildest speculation.

We are in the final stages of the MAPS 2 program now. . .you will see tonight if you haven't already, the remains of I-40 next to Chesapeake Arena. It is being dismantled as we speak and I-40 has been relocated about a mile south, next to the river.

Chesapeake Arena is undergoing renovation (yes, it's only 10 years old). It was built on hope that we would land a major league team, but for that reason, some of the bling, and the glam was left out until later. After the NBA season is over, the rest of the 2 year renovation will be completed. You will also see this on the broadcast tonight. As I-40 is dismantled, the "front" of the arena will shift to a new multi-level grand entrance facing south.

The Devon Tower is almost complete. It is the 5th tallest building west of the Mississippi. . .yes, Denver folks, it's taller than any building in Denver. :P There's one building each in L.A., Houston, Washington, and Nevada that are taller.

OKC really seems to have come into it's own. When we moved here in 2002 part of what attracted us was seeing that the city really was taking steps to reinvent itself, and had a concrete plan. .. .and everyone was proud of what had been accomplished, and what would be accomplished in the future. It is really cool to see all this come together with the Thunder in the NBA Finals.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Early on, Miami's half court sets are just brutal to watch. Just amateur play calling, really.

Heard Van Gundy just say Miami wants to play at a slower pace than Oklahoma City, and I'm not sure why. Wade and Bron, Bron are the most explosive fast break players in the league, and creative as well. Maybe because OKC has more scorers even though they are less likely to score as much as Wade and Bron, Bron.

OKC looks tight. Westbrook missed a pretty easy layup, and shots aren't falling.

FWIW, I believe this is the first championship series in the four major sports that pits two teams against each other whose nicknames do not end in "S".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Big play by Durant that could spark the Thunder. Block on one end and then gets the And 1 on the other. Went to the under 8 before the FT here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

When you're 5 of 6 from 3, and 15 of your 27 points are from outside the arc, things are going good. BUT, it could also be a bad sign for a team that doesn't rely on the 3 much like Miami.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I told three different people at my office today that the Thunder were likely to get Down 10-12 points early... They've done this regularly in big, pressure games. The question is just whether they could dig themselves back out in the second half.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I told three different people at my office today that the Thunder were likely to get Down 10-12 points early... They've done this regularly in big, pressure games. The question is just whether they could dig themselves back out in the second half.
    The problem is that, of all people, Shane Battier is beating them right now. 13 points?

Miami is playing very good defense and they haven't let OKC run much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Chalmers and Battier...really?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

With the format in the finals - 2-3-2, OKC can not afford to lose either one of the first two games at home.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    With the format in the finals - 2-3-2, OKC can not afford to lose either one of the first two games at home.
    I know a lot of people have been talking about that today, but I don't expect this series to go any less than 6. I've heard a lot of radio people talking about that, but none that think it will be decided in 5. Seems like a contradiction, and maybe just something to talk about...

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The bad thing about the 2 3 2 is that it's really difficult to win three games in a row, even on your home court.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Trust me... You won't like Russell Westbrook when he's angry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information