Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS - Anyone watching?

Default CWS - Anyone watching?

College World Series starts! Stony Brook, Kent State, Arkansas, South Carolina, Florida, FSU, UCLA, or Arizona. Who's your pick to win?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Go Stony Brook, whoever the hell you are!
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

people actually watch this?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Compared to the Rockies? Yep.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Go Stony Brook, whoever the hell you are!
    That's the weirdest way to spell Go Gators I've ever seen....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    College baseball and minor league games are great! Dirt cheap to go to with the family and fun!

7. The Following User High Fived ShooterJM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM View Post
    College baseball and minor league games are great! Dirt cheap to go to with the family and fun!
    Oh.. now going to a game I can see for sure. I go to the Cardinals minor league games quite often
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes, imagine that, people watch sports that ESPN doesn't shove down their throats. I love college baseball. The postseason is always very entertaining to watch. Perhaps you should give it a try instead of assuming it's unwatchable.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As for the question, I could realistically see South Carolina, Florida, UCLA, FSU, or Arizona St. winning it. Stony Brook is a VERY talented team though and should not be taken lightly. It wouldn't shock me if they win it, but I'd have to put them 6th in the pecking order behind those top 5. Arkansas doesn't have the offense and I think Kent St, while hot, is a bit out of their league.

If I had to pick, I'll say Florida St. finally breaks through. South Carolina has to be the favorite until someone finally beats them, but FSU is HOT right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Yes, imagine that, people watch sports that ESPN doesn't shove down their throats. I love college baseball. The postseason is always very entertaining to watch. Perhaps you should give it a try instead of assuming it's unwatchable.
    You are so cute. "assuming" its unwatchable. Baseball on tv is unwatchable for me, because its boring as SHIT. College baseball doesn't change that. Perhaps you need to stop ASSUMING that others are assuming...... because as they say, you are an ass. Oh wait, its "it makes you look like an ass." No no... I was right the first time. People say you are an ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You are so cute. "assuming" its unwatchable. Baseball on tv is unwatchable for me, because its boring as SHIT. College baseball doesn't change that. Perhaps you need to stop ASSUMING that others are assuming...... because as they say, you are an ass. Oh wait, its "it makes you look like an ass." No no... I was right the first time. People say you are an ass.
    Yes, you come into a thread about a topic you obviously don't care about and come in with a trolling response like "people actually watch this?", yet I'm the ass. That's comedy gold!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

No.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here's how I'd rank the field:

Contenders:

1. South Carolina- Not who I'm picking to win it, but you have to keep them at #1 until someone takes them out
    2. Florida St.- I don't care about their history. These aren't the same players as in other years. They are absolutely smoking right now and they are my pick to take it. They have to break through one day, why not now?
    3. Florida- Probably the best team overall throughout the season. Certainly have the talent to do it.
    4. UCLA- Playing very well right now and will be a tough out
    5. Arizona- Offense is on fire in this tourney, hitting .420, if the pitching matches that they could win it

Wild Card:

6. Stony Brook- This team is no cinderella. They have legitimate talent and are good enough to win it. I think there are too many good teams ahead of them for them to do it, but it certainly wouldn't shock me.

Pretenders:

7. Arkansas- Great pitching, but they just don't have the offense to win it. Should have been knocked out by Baylor and are very lucky to be here.
    8. Kent St.- They are on a nice run, but I think they are a bit overmatched here. Didn't exactly have the toughest road to Omaha.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'd take college baseball over MLB anyday, so yes, when I get a chance I'll be watching some games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Here's how I'd rank the field:

Contenders:

1. South Carolina- Not who I'm picking to win it, but you have to keep them at #1 until someone takes them out
    2. Florida St.- I don't care about their history. These aren't the same players as in other years. They are absolutely smoking right now and they are my pick to take it. They have to break through one day, why not now?
    3. Florida- Probably the best team overall throughout the season. Certainly have the talent to do it.
    4. UCLA- Playing very well right now and will be a tough out
    5. Arizona- Offense is on fire in this tourney, hitting .420, if the pitching matches that they could win it

Wild Card:

6. Stony Brook- This team is no cinderella. They have legitimate talent and are good enough to win it. I think there are too many good teams ahead of them for them to do it, but it certainly wouldn't shock me.

Pretenders:

7. Arkansas- Great pitching, but they just don't have the offense to win it. Should have been knocked out by Baylor and are very lucky to be here.
    8. Kent St.- They are on a nice run, but I think they are a bit overmatched here. Didn't exactly have the toughest road to Omaha.
    Stony Brook went into Alex Box and took Game 2 and embarrassed the Tigers in Game 3.....not that LSU has had any trouble embarrassing themselves in big games so far this year i.e. the no-show Tigers in the BCSNCG.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information