Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 178

Thread: CWS - Anyone watching?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    290

    Default CWS - Anyone watching?

    College World Series starts! Stony Brook, Kent State, Arkansas, South Carolina, Florida, FSU, UCLA, or Arizona. Who's your pick to win?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Go Stony Brook, whoever the hell you are!
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,584

    Default

    people actually watch this?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Compared to the Rockies? Yep.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Go Stony Brook, whoever the hell you are!
    That's the weirdest way to spell Go Gators I've ever seen....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    people actually watch this?
    College baseball and minor league games are great! Dirt cheap to go to with the family and fun!

  7. The Following User High Fived ShooterJM For This Post:


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM View Post
    College baseball and minor league games are great! Dirt cheap to go to with the family and fun!
    Oh.. now going to a game I can see for sure. I go to the Cardinals minor league games quite often
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler
    Posts
    34,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    people actually watch this?
    Yes, imagine that, people watch sports that ESPN doesn't shove down their throats. I love college baseball. The postseason is always very entertaining to watch. Perhaps you should give it a try instead of assuming it's unwatchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler
    Posts
    34,542

    Default

    As for the question, I could realistically see South Carolina, Florida, UCLA, FSU, or Arizona St. winning it. Stony Brook is a VERY talented team though and should not be taken lightly. It wouldn't shock me if they win it, but I'd have to put them 6th in the pecking order behind those top 5. Arkansas doesn't have the offense and I think Kent St, while hot, is a bit out of their league.

    If I had to pick, I'll say Florida St. finally breaks through. South Carolina has to be the favorite until someone finally beats them, but FSU is HOT right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Yes, imagine that, people watch sports that ESPN doesn't shove down their throats. I love college baseball. The postseason is always very entertaining to watch. Perhaps you should give it a try instead of assuming it's unwatchable.
    You are so cute. "assuming" its unwatchable. Baseball on tv is unwatchable for me, because its boring as SHIT. College baseball doesn't change that. Perhaps you need to stop ASSUMING that others are assuming...... because as they say, you are an ass. Oh wait, its "it makes you look like an ass." No no... I was right the first time. People say you are an ass.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler
    Posts
    34,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    You are so cute. "assuming" its unwatchable. Baseball on tv is unwatchable for me, because its boring as SHIT. College baseball doesn't change that. Perhaps you need to stop ASSUMING that others are assuming...... because as they say, you are an ass. Oh wait, its "it makes you look like an ass." No no... I was right the first time. People say you are an ass.
    Yes, you come into a thread about a topic you obviously don't care about and come in with a trolling response like "people actually watch this?", yet I'm the ass. That's comedy gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Sergio Dipp
    Posts
    30,856

    Default

    No.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler
    Posts
    34,542

    Default

    Here's how I'd rank the field:

    Contenders:

    1. South Carolina- Not who I'm picking to win it, but you have to keep them at #1 until someone takes them out
    2. Florida St.- I don't care about their history. These aren't the same players as in other years. They are absolutely smoking right now and they are my pick to take it. They have to break through one day, why not now?
    3. Florida- Probably the best team overall throughout the season. Certainly have the talent to do it.
    4. UCLA- Playing very well right now and will be a tough out
    5. Arizona- Offense is on fire in this tourney, hitting .420, if the pitching matches that they could win it

    Wild Card:

    6. Stony Brook- This team is no cinderella. They have legitimate talent and are good enough to win it. I think there are too many good teams ahead of them for them to do it, but it certainly wouldn't shock me.

    Pretenders:

    7. Arkansas- Great pitching, but they just don't have the offense to win it. Should have been knocked out by Baylor and are very lucky to be here.
    8. Kent St.- They are on a nice run, but I think they are a bit overmatched here. Didn't exactly have the toughest road to Omaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  17. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    30,654

    Default

    I'd take college baseball over MLB anyday, so yes, when I get a chance I'll be watching some games.

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    30,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Here's how I'd rank the field:

    Contenders:

    1. South Carolina- Not who I'm picking to win it, but you have to keep them at #1 until someone takes them out
    2. Florida St.- I don't care about their history. These aren't the same players as in other years. They are absolutely smoking right now and they are my pick to take it. They have to break through one day, why not now?
    3. Florida- Probably the best team overall throughout the season. Certainly have the talent to do it.
    4. UCLA- Playing very well right now and will be a tough out
    5. Arizona- Offense is on fire in this tourney, hitting .420, if the pitching matches that they could win it

    Wild Card:

    6. Stony Brook- This team is no cinderella. They have legitimate talent and are good enough to win it. I think there are too many good teams ahead of them for them to do it, but it certainly wouldn't shock me.

    Pretenders:

    7. Arkansas- Great pitching, but they just don't have the offense to win it. Should have been knocked out by Baylor and are very lucky to be here.
    8. Kent St.- They are on a nice run, but I think they are a bit overmatched here. Didn't exactly have the toughest road to Omaha.
    Stony Brook went into Alex Box and took Game 2 and embarrassed the Tigers in Game 3.....not that LSU has had any trouble embarrassing themselves in big games so far this year i.e. the no-show Tigers in the BCSNCG.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group