Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The New Plan for Marshall : Trade Him

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    What's changed?

LMAO!!!!!!

Lex, for one!

How have I changed? In that thread, I wasnt wholly committed to trading him but I acknowledge the idea had merit due to the fact that when guys get in trouble like Marshall has, it seldom stops just like that. I kind of anticipated more shenanigans. It seems like he may have toned it down but, who knows. Still, even with all that, the team needs him now more than last year. Its a different regime and the fanbase isnt as accepting of the current regime. They need to win this year or it could get really ugly.

Another thing that has changed is that Marshall went out and had a great season in spite of his problems this in the 08 offseason. In a weird way, it kind of speaks well for him in that he can produce through distractions.

But for where we are right now, the guy is a 4th round pick who has been gold in terms of production. You cant deny his talent or production. He has justified his holdout.

Another thing that has changed is that Pat Bowlen has become a fullblown tightwad who, every time he makes a mistake, wants either the player or the fan to be the bigger man and look the other way. And this is another example of that. Bowlen wants to dig in and try to make things work on the cheap even though the fans have made his franshise worth over 1 billion dollars and then if it doesnt work and the team loses, he wants people to still be accepting and to keeping buying tickets and merchandise. Forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    How have I changed? In that thread, I wasnt wholly committed to trading him but I acknowledge the idea had merit due to the fact that when guys get in trouble like Marshall has, it seldom stops just like that. I kind of anticipated more shenanigans. It seems like he may have toned it down but, who knows. Still, even with all that, the team needs him now more than last year. Its a different regime and the fanbase isnt as accepting of the current regime. They need to win this year or it could get really ugly.

Another thing that has changed is that Marshall went out and had a great season in spite of his problems this in the 08 offseason. In a weird way, it kind of speaks well for him in that he can produce through distractions.
    What's changed?

LMAO!!!!!!

Lex, for one!
    Hmmmm.....glad you agree.

Not sure if there is a mod on duty, and I am more ill tempered then they are, so I'll just do it publicly.

RC, COOL IT. Discuss your points, stop taking shots at people or posting snied comments. Thanks in advance for the cooperation.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Not true....if that were the case, then Plexico wouldn't be considered a hot commodity....and I heartell he is.
    Burress is a free agent and has been available for quite a while and has yet to be signed.

Marshall is not a free agent and can only go to another team if the Broncos trade him. Why would a team give the Broncos much in return when Marshall faces a suspension if he's convicted in Georgia?

As for Burress, Goodell could do what he did with Vick, suspend him indefinitely before he even goes to trial. I don't know how likely that is. At least with Burress there's a real possibility that he will be able to play the entire season before he goes to trial, after which he will do jail time and be suspended.

With Marshall, teams have to wait until after his trial in August before they know whether he will be suspended or not. If Marshall was smart or at least has a smart agent, he will get his trial lawyer to do everything possible to get the trial delayed until next year. That would at least provide some incentive to the Broncos to trade him because that might bump Marshall's trade value up a little.

I don't advocate that the Broncos trade Marshall. I think they should wait it out and see what happens with the trial. If he's acquitted, they should sign him to an incentive laden contract with strong behavioral clauses that allows them to recoup a big chunk of money if he gets in trouble again. If he's convicted, they should not commit to a long term contract and franchise tag him next year. They can then tell him that if he goes through the entire year without getting into trouble, they will sign him to a long term contract in 2011.

5. The Following User High Fived broncofanatic1987 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information