Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Plan for Marshall : Trade Him

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Why stop there. The most talented player on the team was traded, and we appeared to get awesome value for him (ayers, a short nickel back and half a blocking tight end), now we are supposed to trade one of the most talented receivers in the league?

Dang, that should be just the beginning. Why not trade Clady as soon as possible as well. Or better yet, package Clady and Royal for a blocking tight end and a short, slow dime back.
    i bet we could get something for moreno. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Another topic for debate that will divide the Broncos fans once again. I wonder where getlynched is?
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

The sky is falling, the Broncos are done.

Before ever stepping foot on the field.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wouldnt try to trade him right now. If holds out for more than 2 months from here i would pull the trigger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The sky is falling, the Broncos are done.

Before ever stepping foot on the field.
    Haven't you heard? Once Cutler got traded and Shanny got fired, this team was already doomed.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

8. The Following User High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

We are on the cusp of trading away 2 of our best players, from (arguably) the best draft class the Broncos have ever had...

The sky isn't falling, but it seems like our team is...Sure we haven't played a game yet under McD....At this point I don't even want to see how bad we do with a rebuilding Defense, and an Offense that just got dismantled.

Sure the sky isn't falling, yet....We still haven't even played a game...So grab your umbrellas folks...Sept is not that far away.

I will eat my crow, and say "I was wrong" if the Broncos surprisingly contend next year, and make it to the playoffs...But I will also make a HUGE deal of it, in bad taste, if we implode like expected... Either way, there's always a next year, a next after that, and so on...So I will just have to wait for another rocket armed Franchise QB to fall into our laps, and a 6'4'' Beast of a WR...Go Broncos, prove me wrong. Please.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Do it now. Every additional minute it takes us to trade Marshall is a minute we won't be able to spend trying to deal away Clady and Moreno. If we're going to gut this team by opening day, we can't afford to be lallygagging around.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

to be fair......

its easy to see and understand both sides of this arguement. I mean lets be real Marshall is elite We have never seen a guy fight for yardage or work as hard on the field during games to make plays...the way marshall did as a WR, his production has not been seen by a WR in denver like that in many years, he is elite and easily a top 5-7 WR in this league.

On the same token he is far from the full WR package. if he had rod smith's smarts or work ethic we wouldnt even be here right now talking about this.

I adamantly defended marshall against JR for good reasons, but now marshall has gone and messed up iT was his poor decision making, if you cant see that you are blind.

This is not MCD's doing or bowlens or anyone elses, this is being done by brandon marshall no one else. please leave the MCD hate out as this is marshall responsibility

This is not about MCD or Jay Cutler or anyone else on the team. This is about Marshall making the wrong decision. its quite simple, we as fans can sit back and talk about how we should just throw money at marshall...but if you sit back is that really smart from a buisness standpoint. if the stock market is super volatile and uneasy do you jsut throw money and hope it pans out??? no you ensure that you have a solid investemnet, thats how you make money and sucess. Marshall just needs to prove himself a bit, in fact getting the franchise tag afetr this year would be big money, the push for a new contract is a little unorthodox considering all his other volatile incidents going on.

Thats what denver wants from Marshall. Marshall has earned the right for a new contract by his play on the field, and he even has a valid gripe about the horrid medical staff. I dont balme him for that. I also dont blame him for asking for a raise in light of his off field issues in my mind he has earned it.

He started out right having a private meeting with MCD and then moving his rehab to orlando. I saw no problem with that. But it Was marshalls decision and his alone to hold out from a mandatory minicamp and and be naive about his situation. many players make holdout claims and then show up, usually the ones that show up get rewarded for showing there commitment.

Marshall not showing up, was a stupid move on his part he already has enough limelight and bad decisionmaking the last 2 years, why add more to the fire.

It is no secret without marshall are WR core gets worse. Eddie royal can be a nasty 1000yd reciever consistently, and i belive gaffney will have a career year next year, but marshall can take the WR core to elite status that the others cant. we will miss him if he gets traded, no doubt about it. it will be extremly diffucult to replace a guy like that.

I enjoy marshall reg. during the season and i do not want him from denver, but on a team where accountability, character, work ethic and good decision making is paramount and a welcome refrehsher from the previous regime.....Brandon marshall messed up...period!

HERE IS THE KICKER THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO REALIZE. THIS IS NOT MCD'S FAULT, BOWLENS FAULT OR EVEN THE MEDICAL STAFFS FAULT AT THIS JUNCTURE.

THE DECISION AND RESPONSIBILTY LIES SOLEY WITH BRANDON RIGHT NOW. AND AS YOU CAN SEE HE MADE THE WRONG MOVE. THERE ARE RULES IN THE NFL, AND DESPITE HIS CLAIMS TO FOLLOW ALL THE RULES, HE JUST BROKE ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!

Brandon Marshall i still want you in denver but you are out of line right now. Be objective and realize that....its not that hard.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 11 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Good points all around.

All I want to do is win.

If that includes Marshall........great. If it means hes down the road.....so be it.

I hope in the end he gets in here and contributes.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

I agree it's one bad decision after another with this guy. I've been waiting a couple years to see some better decisions from him and he's left me disappointed in those matters.

I remember the week he carried a football around DV because he fumbled the week before. Then after fumbling that week he said he wasn't going to be as aggressive going after the YAC. And he wasn't. So there was a decline in production at the end of last year.

Stats are great, but those weren't boxes of super bowl rings he was seen loading into his car last Friday at DV.

If he wanted to play for us he'd be here learning the system.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoTech For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I love Rod Smith as much as the next guy, but don't forget he had some issues as well.
    The bronco chemist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

This article is dumb.

It refers a lot to quotes from before last season and in doing so overlooks that Marshall was a big time producer in spite of his problems.

Its also being written from the perspective of getting rid of him just for its own sake. Sorry, but what we get in return makes all the difference. If we cant get something good for him, theres no reason to trade him. It begins and ends with what we can get for him. The guy is a 4th round pick on his rookie contract and is performing like a top 5 NFL WR.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived lex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

They need to lock him up w/ a top 5 WR contract w/ character clauses throughout. If he is not willing to sign that type of contract let him sit - all season if he wants..
    No team is going to pay him what he wants without some of those clauses so me thinks trade value would not be on the Broncos side..

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    This article is dumb.

It refers a lot to quotes from before last season and in doing so overlooks that Marshall was a big time producer in spite of his problems.

Its also being written from the perspective of getting rid of him just for its own sake. Sorry, but what we get in return makes all the difference. If we cant get something good for him, theres no reason to trade him. It begins and ends with what we can get for him. The guy is a 4th round pick on his rookie contract and is performing like a top 5 NFL WR.
    Most guys that have 150+ balls thrown to them are likely to catch 100 of them. Marshall knows the new offense wont focus on him 90% of the time and his numbers will shrink and therefore, he's using two distorted seasons as leverage.

25. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Most guys that have 150+ balls thrown to them are likely to catch 100 of them. Marshall knows the new offense wont focus on him 90% of the time and his numbers will shrink and therefore, he's using two distorted seasons as leverage.

And just anyone is likely to have 150+ balls thrown at them? I dont remember Marcus Nash having 150+ balls thrown at him. I also dont remember Ashlie Lelie having that many passes thrown his way. Why is that?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information