Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    Ben and Jerry's New Manny Paquiao Flavor....
    FENDER-BENDER-FUDGE-PACKER-MINT,
    now being served at a correctional facility near you !
    I wonder if it is being served at the mayweather compound.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

2. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Boxing sucks, and this is a major reason why.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Boxing sucks, and this is a major reason why.
    It used to be so good, so very good. What a bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Never got into boxing. There are just so many other good sports I can watch on TV for free to get into a sport I would have to pay money to watch. Never got the appeal.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

boxing was a pioneer in PPV sports !
    that expalains its evolution or some might say depreciation into the marketing big ticket bullshit that it has become.
    The principles of the sport are the "promoters"
    what else would you expect?

7. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default WBO to review Bradley-Pacquiao

The WBO announced Wednesday that it will review Timothy Bradley's controversial victory over Manny Pacquiao in Saturday's welterweight championship fight.

Bradley, the WBO's junior welterweight champ, moved up in weight and claimed a split decision to take Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. However, there was a storm of controversy after judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both scored the fight 115-113 in favor of Bradley while Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

The vast majority of observers had Pacquiao clearly winning the fight, many in lopsided fashion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, was outraged and has called on the Nevada attorney general to inquire about the scoring.
    rest, and first take video - http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...manny-pacquiao

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

BOB ARUM IS THRILLED TO HAVE THE BUZZ AND THE CONTROVERSY...
    ,,,AND the rematch already on the november calendar and endorsed by the LV chanber of commerce.

well I just watched the fight... wow.

what a horrible, horrible call. Just reminded me of the Hagler - Sugar Ray fiasco's... thats why boxing is fading into a sub-sport

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

boxing has always had this BS decision crap to diminish its integrity, only now MMA offers a more popular alternative.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

in the early 60's cassius clay got his ass kicked in sweden by floyd Patterson, but the fight went the distance.
    ali's manager jumped in to the ring and went directly to the referee , who had a vote in the decision. ali/ clay was declared the winner, the calm sensable stockholm audience went balistic, they rioted, throwing their chairs and anything that wasnt naoiled to the walls !
    TRhis was a lame verdict, but not the first and wont be the last.

I watched the replay last night. There is no debate in this issue. Manny was robbed, period.

I am just baffled that they had people who have been collecting social security for a decade judging this fight. These fighters will sometimes throw one hundred punches in a round. Attention to detail and good eyesight is required. I find the judging process laughable.

Let's present a scenario: You're paying out tens of millions of dollars. You need judges who are extremely observant with good eyesight. They must have strong attention spans with ability to focus intensely. Are you going to hire a bunch of people who've been collecting social security for a decade? People in their seventies simply don't have the eyesight and attention spans to do something like that, generally speaking. They have a hard enough time going the speed limit on the highway. That's not a slam on senior citizens either. It's just the sober truth.

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

they have YEARS / decades of reputation, thats what the boxing commish wants, the promoters and fighters too !
    honestly, they have a LOUSY viewing format compared to the view of the PPV audience who see the fight from the robotic camera that shows the fighters from an in close yet overhead perspective! all those overhand lefts that paquio landed were probably not as visible to a 70 year old man looking up at the ankles of the fighters from ring-side !
    before this camera, judges ringside had the best view, this is obviously not true! judges should be able to view the fight from the BEST perspective, thats why they were placed ringside in the first place!
    not only are the judges old and out-dated, the judging METHOD is outdated as well and needs to change !

What's funny is Bradley wasn't even sure he won the fight. Twice in the ring right after the decision when asked about it said he would have to go home, look at the tape and see if he won. He wasn't even sure.

Manny P., on the other hand was sure he had won when he was asked. It's amazing that 3 out of 52 professionals that were ringside all scored Manny as the winner. Two of the 3 were the judges that scored the fight.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What's funny is Bradley wasn't even sure he won the fight. Twice in the ring right after the decision when asked about it said he would have to go home, look at the tape and see if he won. He wasn't even sure.

Manny P., on the other hand was sure he had won when he was asked. It's amazing that 3 out of 52 professionals that were ringside all scored Manny as the winner. Two of the 3 were the judges that scored the fight.
    That fight was the single worst decision I have ever seen in combat sport. I actually don't know how anyone in their right mind scored it for Bradley. I am not saying the 'fix was in' but Arum is evil.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

the paterson/ clay fight, was the worst I ever saw! civil,well mannered, obedient scandinavians went NUTS ! they rioted and threw everthing that wasnt nailed down into the ring when they annonced clay (ali) as the winner !

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information