Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncfan1970 View Post
    Ask James Toney "aka he of numerous Boxing titles" he arranged a fight with Randy Courture and before the fight had alot to say of what a MMA fighter would learn about fighting from a champion boxer. He didn't last out of the first round. To compare MMA fighters to bar fighters is rediculous.
    There was no comparioson. My point was clearly that I was more entertained by bar fights than by MMA.

Ask couture to go 12 rounds of boxing with toney...?

Plus toneys boxing career was over by that time.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I use to work with a smartass that was actually a decent MMA fighter locally. When Tool was in town, Maynard Keenan wanted to train and this is the guy that was picked to spar with him. Anyway, we went to a "happy hour" or something like that one night and he had a few and started running his mouth. I'll just say he shut his mouth real quick when a pool cue to the face laid him out for about 20 minutes.

Everyone has a story.

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Im not a big fan of MMA. Boxing is much more strategic and takes a lot more skill.

How many ELITE MMA fighters are there?

It seems every couple months there is a new contender at the top of the MMA ranks. Anybody can be beaten any given night and true weaknesses aren't exposed in 3 five minute rounds.

12 three minute rounds of pure boxing is a lot more mentally challenging than wrestling somebody to the ground and hugging them errr I mean grappling them to a tap out.

MMA is a joke of a sport.
    you obviously never wrestled its pure strategy as is all grappling. Fyi MMA FIGHTERS have to take punches, kicks, and knee shots plus defend take downs (see strategy). You should totally go to an MMA training and challenge one of the fighters to one 12 min round of just boxing and video tape it for everyone here to see your point of their lack of boxing skills lol ill even volunteer to video it. Oh and lol Couture and toney are same age.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I use to work with a smartass that was actually a decent MMA fighter locally. When Tool was in town, Maynard Keenan wanted to train and this is the guy that was picked to spar with him. Anyway, we went to a "happy hour" or something like that one night and he had a few and started running his mouth. I'll just say he shut his mouth real quick when a pool cue to the face laid him out for about 20 minutes.

Everyone has a story.
    pool cue to the face sounds more like assault than a fight. But yeah everyone has a story

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

pool cue to the face sounds more like assault than a fight. But yeah everyone has a story
    everyone except the pool cue!
    who's gonna tell his story?

Innocent, by-standing sports equipment,
    commited to community service,
    destroyed in the crossfire of strangers.
    who will lament the splintered dreams of a straight-shooter like Mr. Cue ?
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

8. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

wrestling is pure strategy?
    hello, you must have it confused with chess.

There isn't a guy in the UFC who would last three rounds with a real boxer. There isn't a boxer alive who is going to beat a MMA guy in a MMA bout.

James Toney was over the hill and iirc was in debt and needed all the money he could get. Even then Couture, who has a chin wasn't exactly dying to get involved in standup with him.

Boxing is a purer sport, MMA is an all-around sport. The thought that one of them is superior to the other is asinine to me.

I didn't see the fight but apparently it was highway robbery. I used to love watching boxing as a kid, it's sad that it's such a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Had to be fixed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There isn't a guy in the UFC who would last three rounds with a real boxer. There isn't a boxer alive who is going to beat a MMA guy in a MMA bout.

James Toney was over the hill and iirc was in debt and needed all the money he could get. Even then Couture, who has a chin wasn't exactly dying to get involved in standup with him.

Boxing is a purer sport, MMA is an all-around sport. The thought that one of them is superior to the other is asinine to me.

I didn't see the fight but apparently it was highway robbery. I used to love watching boxing as a kid, it's sad that it's such a joke.
    This hit the nail on the head. The only thing that makes MMA a better sport than boxing right now is the absurd nature of the judging and matchups in boxing.

BTW I've never seen a boxer as scared of another boxer as Mayweather is of Manny. Make all the excuses in the world Mayweather but everyone can see that you're terrified of Manny hurting uour legacy. Mayweather is a doosh.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

my only point was Toney said his superior boxing skills would negate any ground game. He held a heavy weight title in 09 when he was also over the hill so dude could obviously still fight, but coutoure also was well past his prime. I will agree that I used to love boxing when I was a kid I just think its declining as a sport. I will offer up that I think Bones Jones could go distance with any boxer, fast hands, long reach devestating power in punches, but just my opinion. Lol of course he'd probably get disqualified if it went up against the ropes and he put a knee on their chin out of instinct.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncfan1970 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    everyone except the pool cue!
    who's gonna tell his story?

Innocent, by-standing sports equipment,
    commited to community service,
    destroyed in the crossfire of strangers.
    who will lament the splintered dreams of a straight-shooter like Mr. Cue ?
    Lmao yeah good point, maybe dateline will see this and pick up his story....

18. The Following User High Fived Broncfan1970 For This Post:

I hear Mayweather might fight Larry Merchant when he gets out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

20. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I hear Mayweather might fight Larry Merchant when he gets out of jail.
    larry merchant is in jail?

22. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Ben and Jerry's New Manny Paquiao Flavor....
    FENDER-BENDER-FUDGE-PACKER-MINT,
    now being served at a correctional facility near you !

24. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information