Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: It appears Brandon Marshall might be done in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    hey he did not have great year when it counted down the stretch and perhaps that is because the book on him is he does indeed have an issue with his hand.. maybe it was his hip and his hand..

but now is not the time for taking a stand on a new contract.. I do not think anyone will disagree with that comment..if they do is is because they are homer blind.. or wish to be secretly engaged to brandon..

your right he is going about his contract in the wrong way now, but his performance last year down the stretch was becasue defenses were double and triple teaming him, Jay was locked in on him constantly, and his hip was quite a bother to him. he caught 104 passes and still avg over 7 passes per game down the stretch. there are lots of factors why he wasnt the same last year, none of which in my opinion were directly related to his hand outside of the potential for causing some a couple of his drops.

just my take....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    your right he is going about his contract in the wrong way now, but his performance last year down the stretch was becasue defenses were double and triple teaming him, Jay was locked in on him constantly, and his hip was quite a bother to him. he caught 104 passes and still avg over 7 passes per game down the stretch. there are lots of factors why he wasnt the same last year, none of which in my opinion were directly related to his hand outside of the potential for causing some a couple of his drops.

just my take....

something is wrong unless he is just a head case for him to take this stance.. I can not believe his agent would advise him to do this in this manner.. even though they are money grubbing lawyers..

Unless there is either a plan to make him so unloved in the FO like Jay did he has zero ammo to fire.. all of the cards are on DEN side..

I said up front this was all about money now while I still believe it sis money there has to be something else driving it.. and I think now it is injury and he wants a new contract before they find out..

or he is a head case.. Y'all chose..

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    something is wrong unless he is just a head case for him to take this stance.. I can not believe his agent would advise him to do this in this manner.. even though they are money grubbing lawyers..

Unless there is either a plan to make him so unloved in the FO like Jay did he has zero ammo to fire.. all of the cards are on DEN side..

I said up front this was all about money now while I still believe it sis money there has to be something else driving it.. and I think now it is injury and he wants a new contract before they find out..

or he is a head case.. Y'all chose..

i think its like this he feels if he has to deal with a incompetent medical staff he should be comepensated since they got him where he is having rehab in the first place. I dont think he is seeking a long term extension just yet, but more like a modest pay raise, and honestly if its not outrageous, he deserves it.

His agent and marshall are probally getting side stuff from doctors like 1 more hit can end your career, and on and on, kinda like rod smiths hip issue. probally another reason rod said marshall should talk to him....

i think marshall realizes how painful it was last year, and is worried about his long term stability of playing football on it after seeing first hand that rod had to quit. its normal playing for denver next year could end his career, its a real life situation, and one he knows could be bad for his future since football is it for him.

He is smart thinking about his future right now problem is holding out just makes him look worse...

perhaps the best thing Denver could do is negotiate a 2 year extension with good salary but high stipulations and very incentive laden, the benfit to marshall would be if they give a decent signing bonus or upfront money. and let him know they will renogotiate the last year into a long term extension if he proves his injuries are good and his off-field stuff is gone

then marshall has his salary this year, plus a nice bonus to create a good nest egg in case his career gets injury derailed by no fault of his own, so he feels more confortable, and denver shows they are commited to him, but doesnt handicap themsleves for the long term future in case his injury does go bad or his off-field stuff takes a turn for the worse.

i think marshall knows he can play next year and will be healthy, but teh fear of the unknown if he gets hurt again, and 16 game grind on it, and the prospect of getting fed misinformation by the staff is whats kicking this.

his claims have merit and value but there are otehr ways to go about this....im hopeful things go the right way, MCD seems very open about this right now compared to the cutler thing and the communication seems good....

if im the denver FO i sign him to a 2 year extension with a signing bonus, make the contract very incentive laden and stiuplation induced, and i add in the wordage that we will renogiate that last year into a long term deal if he proves he has come full circle.

something like that should be reasonable for both sides. if he doesnt agree to that then he is being stupid, and if the FO doesnt feel they should do something like that, then they are also incompetent when it comes to talent in this league.

it works both ways, and both parties need to keep a level head to get this resolved so everyone in denver stays happy to include the fans
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

One thing that we really don't know about is how in depth the contract talks have been. It could be that it hasn't got very far in BMarsh's request, but what if they presented him with a pay raise that was incentive based that gave him the raise he was seeking? It could be that he has turned them down. Thing is, no one really knows where they are with these. Are the Broncos simply refusing to talk, or has it begun and Marshall isn't happy with what was presented? We don't really know, so until some concrete evidence comes out showing us one thing or another, I will hold off judgement.

That said, I would like to have BMarsh back, he helps the offense. It's one more guy the defense has to game plan for, and that is underrated in my opinion. Regardless of how many drops he has had, hopefully he can stay in a Broncos uni for a long time.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived drewloc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Although this article contains many things, the Marshall situation is also mentioned.

http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?id=16608

Broncos evaluate progress
    Marshall misses whole mini-camp

ENGLEWOOD — There’s still a lot of work to be done, but the Denver Broncos feel they’re in a good spot after finishing a three-day mini-camp Sunday at their headquarters.

“I think we’re where we should be in June,” second-year receiver Eddie Royal said. “We’re still getting used to everybody, learning the playbook. We’re getting better. I’m happy where we’re at; we still need to get better, though.”

Sunday’s practice was the last time the team will be together on the field until training camp opens in late July.

While the three-day mandatory mini-camp did not include standout receiver Brandon Marshall, who was once again a no-show on Sunday, the Broncos got a lot done, head coach Josh McDaniels said.

“I think our players understand now what our system is all about, how we’re going to work, what we’re going to expect of them on a daily basis,” McDaniels said. “I think they’ve really meshed as a team.”

Since taking over as head coach in January, McDaniels and his staff have put in countless hours re-making the roster and installing new offensive and defensive systems.

“I think the players and the coaches have worked extremely hard to try to get to where we’re at,” McDaniels said. “We still have a long way to go, but we know a heck of a lot more about the players we’re working with, they know a lot about the system and the way we’re going to try to use them. We’ve put in a lot of work.”

There is still a lot of work to be done during training camp, however. While the Broncos have had several practices together, they aren’t even close to setting a starting lineup at many positions.

“It’ll be an interesting training camp for us,” McDaniels said. “We’ve got a lot of good football players at the same positions and those guys understand their roles in terms of battling for those spots and the playing time they’re going to try to earn. We’re looking forward of the Denver Broncos football team photographed May 1, 2009to that.

“There’s a lot of battles that we couldn’t really figure out in the spring because we don’t have pads on. There’s a lot of things to be figured out, but we’re looking forward to it.”

MARSHALL UPDATE: Marshall is entering the final year of the four-year contract he signed as a rookie and reportedly wants a new deal. McDaniels remains hopeful the situation will be resolved soon so that Marshall can be on the field in training camp.

“The lines are definitely open and well see what transpires in the next couple weeks,” McDaniels said.

LEGENDARY ADVICE: Rod Smith has his name splashed all over the Broncos’ record book. Sunday, the retired receiver showed up to watch the last part of practice.

After practice, he spoke with Royal for a while.

“Any time you can learn from a legend like him, you want to take every opportunity,” Royal said. “My ears are wide open.”

Brian Howell can be reached at
    bhowell@times-call.com.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

at least we arent paying bucket loads of money to guys like Javon Walker and Jerry Porter, how do you think Oakland and Jacksonville feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

11. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    at least we arent paying bucket loads of money to guys like Javon Walker and Jerry Porter, how do you think Oakland and Jacksonville feel!
    I guess I just dont want Denver to end up like that. paying tons of money to a guy with a bad hip and a potential prison sentence.

Maybe i just dont give a damn anymore...who knows

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

Give him some $$. He has earned a raise.

You all are absolutely correct about the incentive laden deal.

Wasn't BM a "company" man right after Cutler left ?

My how times have changed......

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

JR I just don't see how you throw out your side of the debate expecting it to be the end all be all but when someone counters all you can do is "Why don't you marry him". That might have been funny as hell in 5th grade. I guess you don't like when people actually come back with legit stats against you?
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information