Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It appears Brandon Marshall might be done in Denver

Default It appears Brandon Marshall might be done in Denver

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:46 am EDT

It appears Brandon Marshall might be done in DenverDenver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) arrived at the team's headquarters Friday, met with owner Pat Bowlen and left carrying packed boxes leading to speculation he has played his last game in Denver, according to the Denver Post.

While rehabilitating from hip surgery, Marshall doesn't want to be treated by the Broncos' medical staff if the team won't give him a new contract. Marshall sent that message both through his absence from the start of the Broncos' mandatory minicamp Friday morning and presumably during his audience with Bowlen on Friday afternoon.
    Bowlen could not be reached for comment. Marshall likely will be fined for each day he does not report to the three-day camp that ends Sunday, the Post reported.

"We'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity," McDaniels said. "The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent, and that's a decision that he's made."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,169986

Adopted Bronco:
    Can I adopt Miles the Mascot?

Worst offseason ever. We are ******

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived Hoshdude7 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshdude7 View Post
    Worst offseason ever. We are ******

not at all we will do fine to great depending on how many folks get the scheme and work it.. LIKE a team..

this is a team sport and when you have a couple of folks inflating their numbers for more money and fame over what is best for the team then you get folks that say the defenses was treated like a second class citizens..

they want to win as a team sure they need leader and that was what John and Jake were their teammates liked them and would do anything they could for them..

Frankly I did not see that in jay or mar$$$hall.. maybe not so much brandon but jay was always like Griese was a loner on the sidelines..

now when mar$$$ got the ball he was a load no doubt about it.. but he was very immature and IMO a ticking time bomb..

like great warriors should be kept in a frozen state until they are needed and you thaw them out and let them fight your wars..

mar$$$ should be kept at Dove Valley in a cage and feed raw meat and given hookers to sate those apptietites and then allowed out on game day only..

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

^wtf?

Anyway, I agree that this is probably the worst offseason ever.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

7. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Good buzz......leave him alone.

As for Brandon, I love it, wish him the best, the sooner McDaniels is out of Denver.....the better.......and this helps.

9. The Following User High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

I think if there is a problem with BMarsh it will be far greater than a Cutler issue.

BMarsh is the type of reciever you can throw a short pass too and have him turn it into a huge gain, can throw it to him in traffic, etc. he is a beast.

Royal is great at getting open and will be a star but I want both of them, they complement each other.

11. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

ill hold off the anger until he officially gets traded..but WTF?!

btw, dont take yahoos word for anything when it comes to sports. they like to hype shit up

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

This situation is more like Devin Hester's last offseason. We'll cave in and sign him to an extension eventually, just not quite the one Marshall wants. He'll give up after all the fines start piling up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Can I adopt Miles the Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    This situation is more like Devin Hester's last offseason. We'll cave in and sign him to an extension eventually, just not quite the one Marshall wants. He'll give up after all the fines start piling up.
    I'm expecting the worst from now on

17. The Following User High Fived Hoshdude7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Team concept is great, no doubt you want to have all the cancers out of the locker room, but the world is not perfect. A team full of "team players" is great but will only go so far. You do have to have talent to win. Stoke is not an every down player, then all you have is Royal and Gaff, with a rookie, and Sceff. Now the running game looks to play a bigger part but this is still an offense that will run mainly from shotgun and count on YAC, and what does Brandon do?

I know we all hope that they can work things out. But at some point the team has to realize that they can not just get rid of everyone that is not happy go lucky.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

This is not new news. B-Marsh is holding out. Not surprising.
    It's gonna be interesting to see what Pat ultimately does. He met with Marshal, and made a decision. If he put the ball in Marshals court and B.Marsh wants to sit out. So be it.

21. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Yeah, uh, we could be awful without BMarsh on one side of the field.

He's a weapon and attracts other players to him. Just his presence changes the defenses' looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I will not overreact until there is something concrete.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    not at all we will do fine to great depending on how many folks get the scheme and work it.. LIKE a team..

this is a team sport and when you have a couple of folks inflating their numbers for more money and fame over what is best for the team then you get folks that say the defenses was treated like a second class citizens..

they want to win as a team sure they need leader and that was what John and Jake were their teammates liked them and would do anything they could for them..

Frankly I did not see that in jay or mar$$$hall.. maybe not so much brandon but jay was always like Griese was a loner on the sidelines..

now when mar$$$ got the ball he was a load no doubt about it.. but he was very immature and IMO a ticking time bomb..

like great warriors should be kept in a frozen state until they are needed and you thaw them out and let them fight your wars..

mar$$$ should be kept at Dove Valley in a cage and feed raw meat and given hookers to sate those apptietites and then allowed out on game day only..
    He is getting paid like a 4th round draft pick with top 10 production. I completaly see where he's coming from. Now if he's asking for a big contract I can see why the FO would hesitate.

26. The Following User High Fived broncohead For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information