Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will the Raiders contend in 2009?

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    your defense has improved a bit,secondary is good, but you lack pass rush, and interior run defense.your run game will be nasty. but your run defense not so much.

your biggest question marks lie at WR and QB, you have no proven commodity at WR, and heyward bey will not have a good rookie year, he doesnt run great routes, struggles to get of the line and has inconsistent hands. all recipes for poor rookie years for WR's. the top rookie WR's every year are the ones that have outstanding hands and run superb routes...

I like bey and i think he will be good in a year or 2, but he wont do much next year, your breakout guy could be chaz schillens....but big question marks there

in any case you will challenge teams with your run offense and pass defense, but your passing offense and your run defense are very suspect.

I think denver and oakland will be both be 7-9 or better, so while you will be improved you wont win the AFC west......

i iamgine the west going like this

SD- 12-4 or 11-5
    Denver- 9-7 or 8-8
    Oakland-8-8 or 7-9
    KC- 5-11 or 4-12
    That is a solid post that I can somewhat agree with

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think KC will surprise some people this year. I have them going 9-7 in an easy division (minus SD) and a MUCH improved team on both sides of the ball.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

your defense has improved a bit,secondary is good, but you lack pass rush, and interior run defense.your run game will be nasty. but your run defense not so much.

your biggest question marks lie at WR and QB, you have no proven commodity at WR, and heyward bey will not have a good rookie year, he doesnt run great routes, struggles to get of the line and has inconsistent hands. all recipes for poor rookie years for WR's. the top rookie WR's every year are the ones that have outstanding hands and run superb routes...

I like bey and i think he will be good in a year or 2, but he wont do much next year, your breakout guy could be chaz schillens....but big question marks there

in any case you will challenge teams with your run offense and pass defense, but your passing offense and your run defense are very suspect.

I think denver and oakland will be both be 7-9 or better, so while you will be improved you wont win the AFC west......

i iamgine the west going like this

SD- 12-4 or 11-5
    Denver- 9-7 or 8-8
    Oakland-8-8 or 7-9
    KC- 5-11 or 4-12
    I doubt we'll win the West this year. We don't have the right ingredients to capitalize on the other teams' shortcomings, especially San Diego's. But neither do the others IMO. San Diego is the one who has their shiz together more than the others, so they should be the favorites. But anything can happen.

4. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Denver has way too many question marks during a major transition. The confidence and trust in their new, young, inexperienced head coach; their identity on both sides of the ball; the QB in their system; their running backs; (by committee or featured with a rookie?) Marshall; the corner opposite Champ; Champ's health; their pass rush and stopping the run. Oakland has primarily the same question marks other than the trust in Cable's system, Asomugha's age and health and their identity on offense. That's why I said Oakland has the same shot as Denver, because both teams pretty much have the same number of issues.
    I agree that Denver's odds of winning the division is low. That being said, I don't really know how their chances could be as low as the Raiders.

I think Denver has more bright spots on their team than the Raiders do. The Broncos still have a great offensive line. The Raiders don't. The Broncos have the edge in quarterback and receiving threats. Even without Marshall the Broncos have that edge.

Both of your defenses blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I agree that Denver's odds of winning the division is low. That being said, I don't really know how their chances could be as low as the Raiders.

I think Denver has more bright spots on their team than the Raiders do. The Broncos still have a great offensive line. The Raiders don't. The Broncos have the edge in quarterback and receiving threats. Even without Marshall the Broncos have that edge.

If the Broncos lose Marshall, their screwed.

Adopted Bronco:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/15/g...kland-raiders/

The Raiders just signed Greg Ellis,

That's another 7+ sacks for us.

We ranked 13th in the NFL in sacks last season, expect us to be in the top ten next season.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/15/g...kland-raiders/

The Raiders just signed Greg Ellis,

That's another 7+ sacks for us.

We ranked 13th in the NFL in sacks last season, expect us to be in the top ten next season.
    It was a pretty good signing. Let's see how he does when he doesn't get to play with the best pass rusher in the game.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

I can see why you think that way about our offenses, but I think going forward that Oakland's will progress while Denver's regresses. For now, it's Denver based on reputation and Oakland's lack of production.

The defenses are a push. Oakland has the better corner duo and the better linebackers, but they still have bigger questions at safety. Both d-lines are garbage unless we manage to keep Burgess and line him opposite Ellis, and both remain healthy, huge question marks across. While I think Oakland has more talent on defense, the results don't show, so it's a push.

We'll just have to wait and see.

10. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Raiders defense > Broncos defense.
    Broncos offense = Raiders offense
    Raiders special teams > Broncos special teams

That's how I feel how we measure up.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Raiders defense > Broncos defense.
    Broncos offense = Raiders offense
    Raiders special teams > Broncos special teams

That's how I feel how we measure up.

i would say you have a slight edge in special teams because of higgins and his return ability, but we take the edge in offense, we have far more playmakers and potential probowlers, and we are very even when it comes to defense.

Questions surround your defense as much as ours. Both our pass defenses should be very tough, but while both teams run Defense and pass rush should be improved they are far from whats needed to seriously challenge San diego unless the chargers start slow out the gate again....

QB- Denver
    RB- Even
    WR- Denver
    TE- Denver
    OL- Denver
    FB- Even

DE- Oakland
    DT- Even
    LB- Denver
    S- Denver
    CB- Oakland

i really do belive that oakland and Denver are 7-9 to 9-7 teams this year, i hate the raiders but they arent nearly as dire as KC right now. and we arent as dire as half the media is making us out to be either.

Last year influxed the rivalry a bit, i have a feeling this year the 2 games between us could be the difference to 2nd in the division or 3rd.

if both teams take care fo buisness at home we should probally be pretty even with 8-8 records, as long as injuries dont bite the good parts of both teams, but if either team can steal a win away they have a good shot in my opinion to perhaps a outsdie shot a wildcard.

the key for you guys this year to actually hang right there, is for jamarcus to manage the game. he doesnt need 300 yds passing and 3 Td's what he does need is to be patient and take what defense give him, he needs to really use the TE and backs. if he does that you have a good shot. if he plays like he has looked this off-season you all are screwed.

you also need a guy like chaz schillens to be that 70 catch 900yd reciver, so teams dont just stack the box or double miller.....

both denver and oakland have question marks, but if some pieces fall and the injuries stay minumum both teams will be fighting for the 2nd spot in the west....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

QB - Push. Although I feel JaMarcus has way more potential and will have a breakout season next year.

RB - Oakland. The Raiders have a great 1,2,3 punch that I could match up with anybody in the league. McFadden, who was leading all rookies in rushing before his injury, will be the starter. Michael Bush will be the Jonathan Stewart to Darren's McFadden's Deanelo Williams. And Justin Fargas will be the gritty veteran that we can rely on in the clutch.

FB. Oakland. Peyton Hillis has yet to prove that he can be a good fullback in the NFL. The Raiders just signed Lorenzo Neal, and we are getting back our STUD FB Oren Oneal from injury.

WR - Denver for now. But if you guys trade Marshall, this goes to Oakland.

TE - Oakland. Zach Miller is a top ten TE IMO, and he is only getting better. The Broncos have Graham, Sheffler and Quinn, but none of them posses the all-around game like Miller does.

Oline - Denver. Even though the Raiders have upgraded their line, Denver still has the slight edge here. It will be interesting to see if Denver doesn't run the ZBS anymore under McDaniels.

Defense.

DE - Oakland. Ellis, Burgess make a formidable duo by themselves, but we also have a lot of depth. We have Trevor Scott, who led ALL rookies in sacks last season. We have Jay Richardson and we also drafted 3 DE's in the draft.

DT - Oakland. Tommy Kelly is a beast and is fully recovered from tearing his ACL. Denver doesn't have any DT's that fit their 3-4 hybrid scheme that they are trying to run.

LB - Oakland. Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison. Nuff said. All you guys have is DJ Williams, who I personally think is an average at best player.

S - Denver. Although Brian Dawkins is OLD and is a liability in coverage, Oakland's safetys are unproven and young.

CBs - Oakland. We have the Awesome one, you guys don't. Nuff said. Chris Johnson also played like a top ten corner in the second half of the season.

ST - Raiders. The Raiders have one of the best special teams units in the NFL. Johnie Lee Higgins and Justin Miller give the Raiders two dynamic returners. Shane Lechler is the GOAT. And Janokowski is a top ten kicker.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

QB - Push. Although I feel JaMarcus has way more potential and will have a breakout season next year.

RB - Oakland. The Raiders have a great 1,2,3 punch that I could match up with anybody in the league. McFadden, who was leading all rookies in rushing before his injury, will be the starter. Michael Bush will be the Jonathan Stewart to Darren's McFadden's Deanelo Williams. And Justin Fargas will be the gritty veteran that we can rely on in the clutch.

FB. Oakland. Peyton Hillis has yet to prove that he can be a good fullback in the NFL. The Raiders just signed Lorenzo Neal, and we are getting back our STUD FB Oren Oneal from injury.

WR - Denver for now. But if you guys trade Marshall, this goes to Oakland.

TE - Oakland. Zach Miller is a top ten TE IMO, and he is only getting better. The Broncos have Graham, Sheffler and Quinn, but none of them posses the all-around game like Miller does.

Oline - Denver. Even though the Raiders have upgraded their line, Denver still has the slight edge here. It will be interesting to see if Denver doesn't run the ZBS anymore under McDaniels.

Defense.

DE - Oakland. Ellis, Burgess make a formidable duo by themselves, but we also have a lot of depth. We have Trevor Scott, who led ALL rookies in sacks last season. We have Jay Richardson and we also drafted 3 DE's in the draft.

DT - Oakland. Tommy Kelly is a beast and is fully recovered from tearing his ACL. Denver doesn't have any DT's that fit their 3-4 hybrid scheme that they are trying to run.

LB - Oakland. Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison. Nuff said. All you guys have is DJ Williams, who I personally think is an average at best player.

S - Denver. Although Brian Dawkins is OLD and is a liability in coverage, Oakland's safetys are unproven and young.

CBs - Oakland. We have the Awesome one, you guys don't. Nuff said. Chris Johnson also played like a top ten corner in the second half of the season.

ST - Raiders. The Raiders have one of the best special teams units in the NFL. Johnie Lee Higgins and Justin Miller give the Raiders two dynamic returners. Shane Lechler is the GOAT. And Janokowski is a top ten kicker.
    so much for objectivity, i am done trying to be objective when your around.......please go back to the smack forum, its the only place your posts belong...lol....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

so much for objectivity, i am done trying to be objective when your around.......please go back to the smack forum, its the only place your posts belong...lol....
    No kidding...WOW talk about tinted glasses

I weep for the future of this country.

Adopted Bronco:

LOL, What part do you disagree with?

Because I was being non biased.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information