Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils Should Walk Away With The Cup!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Anything can happen but the only score for NJ last night came off a deflection of one of the Kings players. And all that was with L.A. playing a bit rusty.

It was a good game all around. LA started it off, but IMO jersey outplayed them the final period and OT. I thought Jersey looked better at sustaining pressure and tilting the ice. We shall see what happens now that LA has their legs under them again.

When LA broke in with speed and forecheck they did well. Both teams kinda felt each other out a bit I thought, which is typical. Key IMO for jersey to win this is hitting. When they pound the bodies on LA it slows down their forecheck and nuetral zone speed. Also forces turnovers. This series could very well go to 7 games.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Actually the Broncos were the second wild card team to win the SB. The 1980 Raiders were the first.
    You are correct, sir. I stand corrected.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It was a good game all around. LA started it off, but IMO jersey outplayed them the final period and OT. I thought Jersey looked better at sustaining pressure and tilting the ice. We shall see what happens now that LA has their legs under them again.

When LA broke in with speed and forecheck they did well. Both teams kinda felt each other out a bit I thought, which is typical. Key IMO for jersey to win this is hitting. When they pound the bodies on LA it slows down their forecheck and nuetral zone speed. Also forces turnovers. This series could very well go to 7 games.
    I think LA is going to just end up over powering NJ with their size and speed. LA is a fast, big, aggressive team and I don't think NJ will be able to figure out how to beat them enough to win four of seven.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    LMFAO stick to football

correct, the East has more finesse players... good thing hockey isn't won with finesse. All your Eastern Conference "greats" are playing golf right now.
    Dont forget the Western Conference Greats as well that lost to LA in Vancouver and a team like St Louis who had a hell of a year.
    They are impressive. I still root for Justin Williams the Former Cane. He is doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    In a time of the annual greats such as Sidney Crosby, Malkin, C.Giroux, Gaborik, S.Stamkos, and the rest of the top players in the East, the talent level in the east compared to the west is unquestionably unfair. This is also a good reason why the All Star Game is a joke, and why they have the All Star Draft. Who would represent the West? A few guys from Vancouver, and a scrap load of other players? The competition from the East is too great, and to skilled for the West this season.

My call is that this series is over in 6 by way of New Jersey. I also wouldn't be surprised if its over before this, but refs will always try to extend the series and force teams to win the last game cleanly.

We know what Jeff Carter and Mike Richards could do when the led Philly into the playoffs all those seasons. The other is we also know what to gauge the talent on by way of the L.A Kings. Most seasons, this dynamic duo would be couped up when trying to lead the Flyers into the playoffs. It wasn't until these two players were re-united in L.A, that the Kings actually became a good team. On that note, the L.A Kings have been gauged as to what they have when matching up against the New Jersey Devils.

Overall, the New Jersey Devils have to face tougher competition, better teams, and better conferences. This should be a no-brainer as to who wins the series. For those who might lay down a little coin on this series, just beware of L.A bets jacking up the odds, so that the New Jersey pay outs should be good, if not great.
    I say the Kings beating Vancouver is on par with anything the Devils faced. The best team in the East arguably lost in Pitt in round 1. The Rangers had a hard time scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Dont forget the Western Conference Greats as well that lost to LA in Vancouver and a team like St Louis who had a hell of a year.
    They are impressive. I still root for Justin Williams the Former Cane. He is doing a great job.
    correct, finesse teams don't do shit. I would say the Blackhawks are a finesse team and they got punted pretty quick as well. That series was different though because Chicago outplayed Phoenix by a large margin for 95% of that series but their goaltending is just horrible and they will never win with who they hae in net.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default New Jersey Devils Should Walk Away With The Cup!!!

Old Marty is playing like he's 25 again right now. This OT is fast
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Two down

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Jeff Carter's GWG looks like a Peter Forsberg goal

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Jeff Carter's GWG looks like a Peter Forsberg goal
    Did that every.....

Hmmmm the West seems to be holding their own..... I never would have dreamed that LA would come in as 8th and do the job they have. I really don't care either way but Richardson was a AV and I still have soft spot for him. Also Anze Kopitar is a total sweetie. Plus I found myself rooting more for LA tonight so I guess they are winning me over.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default New Jersey Devils Should Walk Away With The Cup!!!

I did a fist pump when the puck went in. Marty has beat most all of Roy's records but he's not gonna win more cups than St Patty

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I did a fist pump when the puck went in. Marty has beat most all of Roy's records but he's not gonna win more cups than St Patty
    Great point, plus old Marty is a total jerk and Patty was always nice to me....

Glad I wasn't the only one watching the game....good to read your post SR....missed ya....
    Getting Stoked

19. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Two down. Two to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Great point, plus old Marty is a total jerk and Patty was always nice to me....

Glad I wasn't the only one watching the game....good to read your post SR....missed ya....
    Ditto Pola!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information