Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Go D-Backs!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Go D-Backs!

I mean seriously, do something. Spend some more time at BP. Taco Bell has a special that we get 3 free tacos whenever you score 6 or more runs in a game. Note that I said when you score 6 or more runs, not your opponent. I'm starving to death over here. So please, do something!
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Bumper sticker seen in Atlanta back in the 1980s:

"Go Braves...and take the Falcons with you."
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

4. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was watching "The Bad News Bears" earlier tonight when I realized; this isn't "The Bad News Bears," its the latest D-Backs debacle. Seriously, they had a 2 run lead in the 9th before giving up 3 runs on 2 wild throws. Does anyone have a Double A franchise that we could trade for straight across the board!
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

One game dude. On friggin game out of 163. Take a damn chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    more than just one game... Dbacks bullpen are going to set a record for the highest ERA in a single season.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I like to call the DBacks Bullpen the Golf Club since they are always teeing up balls.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

10. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

My bad...I made a typo. Baseball sucks anyway. I was at the game where the D-Backs clinched the World Series and didn't even get excited.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Baseball does not suck, you just need to watch a better team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It wouldn't matter. I'd rather chew on foil than watch an entire game of baseball live or on TV. It's boring. More boring than golf. Most of my dad's side of the family are big baseball fans because of my great uncle Bob Howsam, but I just couldn't ever get in to it. How grossly over paid they are also turns me off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Every comment that you've made to any of my posts for about the last month or two have been attacks. Because of this, I no longer which to have dialog with you on any subject. Therefore, I will be putting you on my ignore list and would ask that you reciprocate in kind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Boo hoo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default D-backs fire Hinch; Gibson to manage

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5347540

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks fired manager A.J. Hinch and general manager Josh Byrnes on Thursday night in a shakeup at the top of a team cemented in last place in the NL West for the second year in a row.

Diamondbacks bench coach and ex-major league slugger Kirk Gibson will take over as interim manager for a ballclub that was 31-48, 15 games back of San Diego.

Team president Derrick Hall called the dismissals "a first and major step in the re-evaluation of our team."

The 35-year-old Hinch was promoted May 7, 2009. Despite having no managerial experience at any level, he was moved from the front office to manager following the firing of Bob Melvin. Hinch has two years remaining on his contract after this season.

Hinch is the fourth manager to lose his job this season. Florida's Fredi Gonzalez, Baltimore's Dave Trembley and Kansas City's Trey Hillman have also been fired.

Byrnes, once considered a rising star among young baseball executives, has a whopping 5½ years left on a deal that runs through 2015.

Former major league pitcher Jerry DiPoto, vice president for player development, will take over the GM duties on an interim basis.

In a statement issued Thursday night, Arizona managing partner Ken Kendrick called the firings "a significant decision, but one that we find necessary in order to achieve a direction of winning consistently on the field again."

The team scheduled a Friday news conference to discuss the move.

Gibson's name is as recognizable as Hinch's was obscure, as much as anything for one of baseball's most dramatic home runs.

He hit .268 with 255 home runs, 870 RBIs and 284 stolen bases in 17 seasons as a major league outfielder with Detroit, the Los Angeles Dodgers, Kansas City and Pittsburgh.

He was the Dodgers' team leader and NL MVP in the 1988 regular season, but injuries to both legs kept him on the bench when the World Series against Oakland began.

In Game 1, barely able to walk, Gibson came to the plate as a pinch hitter in the ninth and hit Dennis Eckersly's 0-2 pitch into the right field seats of Dodger Stadium to give Los Angeles a 5-4 victory. He limped around the bases, pumping his fist in triumph, as broadcaster Jack Buck uttered his famous "I don't believe what I just saw!"

Gibson was the Tigers bench coach from 2003-2005 and joined Melvin's staff in the same capacity in 2007.

Byrnes was in his fifth season as general manager after being lured from the Boston Red Sox, where he was assistant to GM Theo Epstein. After the young Diamondbacks finished with the NL's best record and made it to the NLCS in 2007, Arizona gave him an eight-year extension.

Hinch, who has a degree from Stanford, was vice president for player personnel when he was moved to the manager's role, even though he had never even been a coach before. At the time, Byrnes touted Hinch's "organizational advocacy."

The team stumbled on to a last-place finish in the NL West (70-92), but Hinch confidently said "I like this team" coming out of spring training this year. Quickly, though, the Diamondbacks faded. At one time, they lost 10 in a row, including a franchise-worst 0-9 road trip. When the club returned from that awful journey, Hinch acknowledged, "This group hasn't responded that well to me."

Hinch had an 89-123 record in not quite 14 months as Arizona's fifth manager.

DiPoto had a 27-24 record with 49 saves and a 4.05 ERA in 390 major league appearances in eight seasons with Cleveland, the New York Mets and Colorado. He worked for the Red Sox scouting department for two years before becoming Colorado's player personnel director in 2005. He joined the Diamondbacks when Byrnes became general manager in 2006 and was in his second season and vice president/player personnel.

The Diamondbacks open a 10-game home stand Friday night with the first of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The team is on pace to shatter the major league record for strikeouts in the season and its bullpen statistically is one of the worst the game has known.

"We have a number of talented players, obviously see great room for improvement," Kendrick said. "This franchise has enjoyed tremendous success over the years and we want to get back to our winning ways. The loyal staff of this organization, as well as all of our fans, hopes for and deserves better results on the field."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Great, they fired their manager AGAIN! They also fired the GM. Now all they need to do is fire the owner and we might have some hope for this team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The D-Bags have traded Mark Reynolds.

Coach, what do you know about the two youngs pitchers they are getting from Bmore?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information