Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Go D-Backs!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    This is like saying "I was a life long Orioles fan, but I decided to root for the Red Sox because they won the world series that one year."
    Sorry, bro...but it's not even close to being that. Try picking two teams that havent hated each other for over 50 years to compare to 2 teams that dont even have 50 combined years of history.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Sorry, bro...but it's not even close to being that. Try picking two teams that havent hated each other for over 50 years to compare to 2 teams that dont even have 50 combined years of history.
    Even if I was an Orioles fan, I wouldn't be able to remember half of those 50 years. Hell, I didn't even like baseball until 1993.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

About to watch my 1st D-Backs game of the season. From what I've been hearing so far, a bullpen is back to not being able to get anyone out. Aside from them doing a good job during the 1st half of last season, our bullpen has been sinking it up for about 3 years now.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I know I posted this in the Rockies' thread already, but I figure it should be posted here as well.

D-Backs Post Game Analysis

Hitting: When a pitcher is credited with getting his teams 1st 4 outs via strikeouts, you'd think that he's owning his opponents. However, he was forced from the game in the top of the 4th after 101 pitch. I wonder if Justin Upton & the rest of the Hank Aaron wan-a-bes from 2 years ago took note of how they did it. The type of hitters that they brought in last give me far more hope for our offense then I had with them.

It's called extending the at bats instead of trying to hit homers every time you go to the plate

Your pitcher, Jorge De La Rosa, was actually doing a good job of throwing strikes instead of ball. Fox Sports didn't leave the graphic up long enough to were I couldn't note his exact numbers, but it appeared to me that he was throwing about 3 strikes to ever 2 balls as of the 3rd inning. That's the reason he was able to get so many strike outs. Unfortunately for him, the D-Backs did a great job of fouling off pitches until they finally wore him down. That's when they did their damage.

Starting pitcher: Brandon McCarthy started off really good, but then fell apart in the middle innings. I don't know enough about him to know if this was a fluke or a sign of things to come.

Bullpen: It was as bad as advertised. With the exception of how they performed the of last season prior to their brawl with the Dodgers, we've had one of the worst bullpen in MLB for at least the last 3 years. Is there something in their contracts that requires them to give up at least 1 run per inning?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

D-Backs are off to what could be a historic season.

If they continue at their current pace, they could finish the season with 127 losses, 2nd worst in MLB history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    D-Backs are off to what could be a historic season.

If they continue at their current pace, they could finish the season with 127 losses, 2nd worst in MLB history.
    They aren't that bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

At least there are teams out there playing worse than Baltimore is right now. SOmething to hang my hat on

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They aren't that bad.
    They have been pretty bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They aren't that bad.
    The best pitcher on the D-Backs: The PR mastermind who's 500mph fastball convicted us that the they were going to be better than last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was just about to post a complement about how the D Backs keep winning 2 out of 3, they just might make things interesting come September. Now, I'm thinking we should petition the league to make all remaining games road games. 12-10 on the road gives hope, 4-17 at home is perplexing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Hay Parra, nice job of assuming that you're going to get doubled up so there was no point in hustling to 1st. The SS had to take an extra second side stepping Pollock's slide. So there's no way you should've been out by a mile.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

You may cringe when watching D-Back highlights tonight. Ender Inciarte's head collided with the knee of an Astro while stealing 2nd. It's either not as bad as it looks, or Inciarte is doing a 1st rate job of pretending he's not hurt that bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

As if losing 3-of-4 to the Astros wasn't humiliating enough. The real jaw-dropper is that Houston is now just 4-1/2 games back for the last AL wild card berth.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Took care of the top of the order in 9 pitches, not bad

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Gave up 2 in the top of the 2nd, scored 3 in the bottom. Have had at least 1, 2 out single in both innings. Look pretty good so far.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information