Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Go D-Backs!

Chandler, Arizona (but left my heart in Denver)

Looks like I'm late to the party.

I've slowly become a DBacks fan, since I've lived in AZ for 11 years now. When I moved here, they were in the midst of winning the World Series. I could have cared less.

Then they became a really horrible team. Something that I could watch, if it ever would happen, be built from the ground up.

Well, Kevin Towers, the genius that he is, put together a solid young team. Something I had hoped my Rockies would do. Instead the Rockies, I feel, have betrayed the fans by settling on mediocrity. You can only be carried by Tulo and Car-Go for so long.

That being said, when the Rockies come to town, I usually adorn my Rockies gear (one of the original 80,000+ that attended the very first Rockies home game at Mile High Stadium back in '93).

But for the most part, I am a DBacks fan now. Even Eric Young and Don Baylor are DBacks now. LOL!

Anyways, looking forward to the Spring Training game next Saturday, Rockies-DBacks at Salt River Fields!!

GO BASEBALL!!

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Yay!! You came over!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Turncoats.

**** the D-Bags.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

4. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by AZOmae View Post
    Looks like I'm late to the party.

I've slowly become a DBacks fan, since I've lived in AZ for 11 years now. When I moved here, they were in the midst of winning the World Series. I could have cared less.

Then they became a really horrible team. Something that I could watch, if it ever would happen, be built from the ground up.

Well, Kevin Towers, the genius that he is, put together a solid young team. Something I had hoped my Rockies would do. Instead the Rockies, I feel, have betrayed the fans by settling on mediocrity. You can only be carried by Tulo and Car-Go for so long.

That being said, when the Rockies come to town, I usually adorn my Rockies gear (one of the original 80,000+ that attended the very first Rockies home game at Mile High Stadium back in '93).

But for the most part, I am a DBacks fan now. Even Eric Young and Don Baylor are DBacks now. LOL!

Anyways, looking forward to the Spring Training game next Saturday, Rockies-DBacks at Salt River Fields!!

GO BASEBALL!!
    This is like saying "I was a life long Orioles fan, but I decided to root for the Red Sox because they won the world series that one year."

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    This is like saying "I was a life long Orioles fan, but I decided to root for the Red Sox because they won the world series that one year."
    To each their own.

Just tired of the Rockies front office not doing ANYTHING for the team. Seriously, they signed 88 year old Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract?

Turncoats = Rockies front office

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

To each their own.

Just tired of the Rockies front office not doing ANYTHING for the team. Seriously, they signed 88 year old Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract?

Turncoats = Rockies front office
    Meh. Enjoy the D-Bags frontrunner. What's your address? I'll send you some Yankees or Cardinals gear.

8. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Meh. Enjoy the D-Bags frontrunner. What's your address? I'll send you some Yankees or Cardinals gear.
    What's yours? I'll send you all my Rockies crap. It's sitting under my neighbors car, so his garage floor doesn't get covered with oil. He'll just have to use newspapers from now on.

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

What's yours? I'll send you all my Rockies crap. It's sitting under my neighbors car, so his garage floor doesn't get covered with oil. He'll just have to use newspapers from now on.
    Good deal. It's tough finding Rockies gear when you live in the market of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. I've persevered through 2 Cardinals WS championships and I haven't jumped teams yet.

Good deal. It's tough finding Rockies gear when you live in the market of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. I've persevered through 2 Cardinals WS championships and I haven't jumped teams yet.
    Well, it was tough for me to stay on Rockies stuff, when I get baseball shoved at me year round down here, especially when I live in a neighborhood with 4 DBacks players, 2 Dodgers and a White Sox kid. It's more due to the fact that I'm friends with the DBacks guys, but then again, I've befriended Cardinals players, and CAN'T STAND the AZ Cardinals.

I'll tell you what....I'll try to get a pic with Baylor and EY this weekend at the game on Saturday. For old times sake.

P.S. Try being from Wyoming, and trying to find Wyoming gear ANYWHERE outside of Wyoming. I had to gear up at the New Mexico Bowl this year, and 2 years ago filled up my car with Wyoming stuff when I went home for my 20th H.S. reunion. Literally, couldn't see out of my windows.

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Well, it was tough for me to stay on Rockies stuff, when I get baseball shoved at me year round down here, especially when I live in a neighborhood with 4 DBacks players, 2 Dodgers and a White Sox kid. It's more due to the fact that I'm friends with the DBacks guys, but then again, I've befriended Cardinals players, and CAN'T STAND the AZ Cardinals.

I'll tell you what....I'll try to get a pic with Baylor and EY this weekend at the game on Saturday. For old times sake.

P.S. Try being from Wyoming, and trying to find Wyoming gear ANYWHERE outside of Wyoming. I had to gear up at the New Mexico Bowl this year, and 2 years ago filled up my car with Wyoming stuff when I went home for my 20th H.S. reunion. Literally, couldn't see out of my windows.
    I've just got to give you shit for jumping onto the D-Baqs bandwagon. I haven't lived in Denver since before the Rockies existed. I lived in Vegas in '93 when the Rockies came into existence. I was the only kid in High-School rocking Rockies gear, and the closest I could get to a game was when the Sky Sox would come to town and play against the Las Vegas Stars (they are the 51s now).

Now I live in Eastern Iowa where I get the Cubs and Cards shoved down my throat. Its nice that my Alma Mater is the University of Iowa, but for anything Colorado sports related, I've either got to buy online, or pick gear up when I'm there visiting family.

13. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I used to be a Bronco fan, then I was a Charger fan....from '04 through 2010.

Now I am thinking about being a Bronco fan again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm a marginal Baseball fan that enjoys watching it with someone else who I can critique the game with, but find it boring to watch alone. I do support the hometown D-Backs because they are an Arizona original team, unlike Bidwell Transients (Cardinals).

I was one of the football fans here in AZ that wanted to wait for the NFL expansion that had already been announced. If so, we certainly would have gotten one of the franchises that ended up going to Jacksonville & Carolina, even though we would have had to wait another 6 years to do so. I was disappointed when Bidwell didn’t carry out his threat to move the Cards to LA after we voted down the 2nd time (based on the reports that I heard about at the time, they didn’t want the Cards either). I was then disappointed when the last stat stadium proposal past & I knew we were stuck with the Cards for good.

I was raised in Rock Springs & have a bunch of relatives up in Cody, Burlington & Powell.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

I've just got to give you shit for jumping onto the D-Baqs bandwagon. I haven't lived in Denver since before the Rockies existed. I lived in Vegas in '93 when the Rockies came into existence. I was the only kid in High-School rocking Rockies gear, and the closest I could get to a game was when the Sky Sox would come to town and play against the Las Vegas Stars (they are the 51s now).

Now I live in Eastern Iowa where I get the Cubs and Cards shoved down my throat. Its nice that my Alma Mater is the University of Iowa, but for anything Colorado sports related, I've either got to buy online, or pick gear up when I'm there visiting family.
    Yeah. I understand. I jumped on the AZ bandwagon when they sucked though, back in 2004. I felt like their 2001 WS team was bought like the Marlins. I figured that, in 2004, I can watch a franchise build up from the bottom. That they made the playoffs last year was shocking to me. But it was a fun ride. I was able to chat with Mike Hampton before he retired about his days with the Rockies. I only mentioned his hitting though.

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm a marginal Baseball fan that enjoys watching it with someone else who I can critique the game with, but find it boring to watch alone. I do support the hometown D-Backs because they are an Arizona original team, unlike Bidwell Transients (Cardinals).

I was one of the football fans here in AZ that wanted to wait for the NFL expansion that had already been announced. If so, we certainly would have gotten one of the franchises that ended up going to Jacksonville & Carolina, even though we would have had to wait another 6 years to do so. I was disappointed when Bidwell didn’t carry out his threat to move the Cards to LA after we voted down the 2nd time (based on the reports that I heard about at the time, they didn’t want the Cards either). I was then disappointed when the last stat stadium proposal past & I knew we were stuck with the Cards for good.

I was raised in Rock Springs & have a bunch of relatives up in Cody, Burlington & Powell.
    Yeah. When I first moved here in 2001, I was wondering why there was only one NFL game on TV on Sundays. Found out about the NFL blackout rule the hard way. LOL.

I've only been to one non-Broncos/Cardinals matchup, because the ticket was for free. Been to all the Broncos/Cardinals matchups, even preseason since moving here.

My first college roommate was from Rock Springs. Mean Gene the (insert inappropriate term here) machine. Any inappropriate term will suffice. Ha ha.

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Starting the season off with a 3 game sweep of a division rival Doesn't get much better than that
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information