View Poll Results: Should we have a Septic Forum added for BS

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • NO. Keep the trolls and all threads here, they're great!

6 35.29%
  • YES. We need a place to flush the shit!

11 64.71%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Septic Section for the Forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Default Septic Section for the Forums

A "septic tank" is a great place for BS threads to die and fade away. If we add one of these sections to our distinguished forums, we can have a place to exile trolls who contribute nothing but SHIT and stupidity to...We can also make this a opt-in forum...So many will not even see or smell the shit coming out of it, if they choose not to. I know a lot of you like to tease and poke at trolls who have less than 5 brain cells driving their idiocy, and would hate to have them gone forever...So you people can still poke and make fun of in there...Leaving the regular forums, shit-free.

The pre-season is less than 3 months away, and will produce MANY MANY BS threads started in anger and needing to be merged into a forum willing to take anything we flush into it...Especially with a new HC and new QB..but mainly will be a place for threads to die, and trolls who do not deserve to have their idiocy voiced in our beloved Broncos forums...

Just an idea I had, and want everyones opinion....If you like to have the garbage pile on with countless posts and threads started, of Donk this and Donk that...then vote no for the Septic forum...If you are an advocate of taking the trash out before it stinks up the entire house, then vote yes...

BTW, this might be a great way for stupidity to be ignored without having to compromise any integrity...Sooner or later if the trolls who are exiled here, have any kind of personal lives...They will see they are being ignored and not responded to, and just might leave...Leaving the Septic forums for BS threads to die, and any newcomers ready to spew shit into our regular forums.

Your opinion matters and needs to be heard. Speak up!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How does it differ from the lame smack forum. I have always assumed that is no differant betweein that and the Septic tank forum we had at Broncosfreak. That is why I never visit it.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

We dont have a LAME smack forum...We have a smack talk forum...All smack talk is not lame and deserves it's own forum...and some of it is complete and utter stupidity....Which needs a Flush.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm on board for a Septic forum.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    We dont have a LAME smack forum...We have a smack talk forum...All smack talk is not lame and deserves it's own forum...and some of it is complete and utter stupidity....Which needs a Flush.
    My apoligies for the mistake. Yes, I will sometime dish out some playful smack with friends by talking myself up. The problem is most smack is tears others down. You can start off with playful smack, but it rearly stays playful especially in venues like this. That is why I choose not to get involved in the first place. Whatever the rest of you deside will have no effect on me.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

8. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Question Benetto - would the Septic Forum be an "anything goes" forum? If not, it probably would need it's own set of rules, which if it does, then the mods definitely need to weigh in on this, as right now, there are rules by which they mod the general forum, there are rules by which they mod the lounge area, and also rules by which they mod the P&R area. That in itself is separate areas - each needing to be modded a little differently.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Question Benetto - would the Septic Forum be an "anything goes" forum? If not, it probably would need it's own set of rules, which if it does, then the mods definitely need to weigh in on this, as right now, there are rules by which they mod the general forum, there are rules by which they mod the lounge area, and also rules by which they mod the P&R area. That in itself is separate areas - each needing to be modded a little differently.

I guess the same rules would apply to the septic forums (IMO)...No nudity, no excessive cussing, No attacking or insulting, etc..but I'm sure after it's voted on, the Mods will decide rules and regs...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The "trolls" mostly stick to bridges and the Smack Forum, and when they creep out elsewhere they are largely ignored or ridiculed back into hiding. This is a place for discussion, and we need some variety. Plus, do we have to vote on whether something gets moved to the septic forum? How is that decided? Its an ok idea I suppose, I just don't know how it would be enforced fairly.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Would the septic tank be an area where threads are started, or would it be an area where threads from other areas are moved to?

If it is an area where threads would be moved to, I would assume that would either happen if a mod sees a thread which would fit in the septic tank and move it, or if it is reported, and if the mods agree, move it. If it is only an area where threads would be moved to, rather than started there, would there need to be rules set, which would determine if a thread is moved there?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Who's to say which threads are toxic?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I am not a fan. In the past there have been several members who have joined the site and were hated on for various reasons. A lot of those posters still contribute today.

This just seems like a way that could stifle future growth of the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Who's to say which threads are toxic?
    That is the problem I see with a Septic Tank/Horse's Ass forum. I'm not opposed to it. Sometimes it's easy to tell if a thread has run its course and has degenerated into off topic bs (which IMO would be a perfect candidate for such a forum). But often it's not.

I do think you have a very valid point, Benetto, about having a new HC and system bringing more crap during the season. I don't like seeing 20 new threads on game day about how XXXXXXX is worthless and cost us the game. It's worth consideration at least.

The way I think it should work, if implemented: Septic Tank would be for football related threads. People would have the option of starting threads there but primarily be a place for threads to be moved. The same rules that apply to the Broncos Talk area (and all other non-opt in forums) would need to apply. It should NOT be a free for all. We have the lounge, we have the smack forum. I would prefer to see a Tank work primarily as a housekeeping function, a place for football threads which are not about football anymore, etc.

I can go either way on this as a poster. As a mod, I don't want another area with lax rules. Stuff leaks out of their forums enough as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

19. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No way.

Trolling is rarely enforced as it is, so I doubt this would take flight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

"crappy" posts can be fun...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

septic tank? don't we already have a P+R forum?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information