Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Baiting/Flaming?
    You should probably start enforcing these violations before saying they aren't allowed.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Maybe we should make the smack forums opt-in. I personally don't care, because I like to watch trolls make complete fools of themselves. Especially when they actually make a descent point, then completely ruin any presumption of intelligence by making a totally assinine statement like "John Elway is overrated".
    If some rules are allowed to be broken in the smack forum, but others are not, and that line is not clearly established, then, yes, they should be opt in.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, it is a little rough in here now-a-days.

Smack a troll and you are the bad guy

Meh, waste too much time on the internets anyway.

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeah, it is a little rough in here now-a-days.

Smack a troll and you are the bad guy

Meh, waste too much time on the internets anyway.
    ...unless you report the initial post, now...because our current mods can't read threads. That's not part of their job.

Stop the reaction, not the problem...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    ...unless you report the initial post, now...because our current mods can't read threads. That's not part of their job.

I don't know how to report posts.

I miss the horsemen...they brought balance (and humor) with them.
    Last edited by slim; 06-07-2009 at 10:05 PM.

You should probably start enforcing these violations before saying they aren't allowed.
    There would be quite a few REGULARS that would be in some serious downtime if we really went through and truly enforced this rule. You ready for that Mo?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

We can't read threads, we have no backbone, we're worthless according to you Mo....I'm surprised this place is still here with all those troubles.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Wow...I wish Jwalk would salute me once in a while.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Bannishing stupidity to a specific section (septic, etc, etc) and keeping them there would do wonders...I bet they would leave after a certain amount of time when people start to ignore and forget about them...Also threads that go completely downhill can also be merged there...win win situation...Can we start a vote or a poll thread ASAP?

Believe it or not the preseason starts in less than 3 months...Lots of BS Mcdaniels and Orton threads will probably be started in anger, and need merging...Just a thought
    I bolded an important sentence there Ben. If everyone would just ignore him, he'll get bored. Guaranteed.

But if every thread they start gets 10 pages of responses from us, then I have to really ask who the dunces are? The troll that starts the thread, or all the folks that respond to it and give the troll his desired response?

Edit: I am going to add to this, that this particular troll has started these threads in the smack area, and the board as a whole asked for the smack area to be much more lenient than the rest of the board. We as the moderating team are trying to give you all what you want. If you don't want a smack forum afterall, or want it to be moderated more like the rest of the board then we can sure do that. .. ..But that's the opposite of what the last town hall thread regarding the smack forum revealed to us.

If you don't like the way a troll operates in the smack forum, then you have two avenues. One is to ignore him and/or the smack fourm. Two, would be to post your thoughts in the town hall thread that Dogfish started about moderation in the smack forum, or start your own thread about it.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 06-08-2009 at 09:25 AM.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Ok, so this place is predominately made from two forums, Mania and The Freak. For the Freak members, what was the smack section like over there? I ask because one thing stood out to me a year ago, when a Freak member said he wasn't used to a Raider fan fighting back in a Raiders suck thread for a long duration. So it made me wonder if there was a smack section over there and if so, did it have life at all?

At Mania, there was Boltman, there's still ChargersDivision and from what I heard, Patriots Ruler was pretty bad. There's even a Ravens troll. A lot of what they say is repetitive and over the top, but what are they doing wrong really? Same applies here. And I doubt a quote unquote troll would get ignored by many. Who would turn down an opportunity to defend their players and their team vs. an obnoxious hated rival?

15. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Ok, so this place is predominately made from two forums, Mania and The Freak. For the Freak members, what was the smack section like over there? I ask because one thing stood out to me a year ago, when a Freak member said he wasn't used to a Raider fan fighting back in a Raiders suck thread for a long duration. So it made me wonder if there was a smack section over there and if so, did it have life at all?

At Mania, there was Boltman, there's still ChargersDivision and from what I heard, Patriots Ruler was pretty bad. There's even a Ravens troll. A lot of what they say is repetitive and over the top, but what are they doing wrong really? Same applies here. And I doubt a quote unquote troll would get ignored by many. Who would turn down an opportunity to defend their players and their team vs. an obnoxious hated rival?
    That may be part of the problem DS. On the old Freak any troll from another team would be quickly "negrepped" by some folks and lose their ability to start threads outside the Septic Tank (I can't remember but they may have only been able to post there too) - and there was no Smack section either. I think some posters would like to see something similar. Personally I'd like to see a "Septic Tank" but we should IMO never go the route of letting negreps be used against noobs and such - essentially running them off if there was a consensus that they didn't fit in. But thats just me.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    That may be part of the problem DS. On the old Freak any troll from another team would be quickly "negrepped" by some folks and lose their ability to start threads outside the Septic Tank (I can't remember but they may have only been able to post there too) - and there was no Smack section either. I think some posters would like to see something similar. Personally I'd like to see a "Septic Tank" but we should IMO never go the route of letting negreps be used against noobs and such - essentially running them off if there was a consensus that they didn't fit in. But thats just me.
    Yes, at the Freak, if a new poster showed up and was trolling, they could receive enough neg-reps to turn their user-cp monitor Red. If that happened, then they would only be able to post or start threads in the Septic Tank.

There was no formal "smack" section at the Freak.

Some fans from opposing teams would come on and not troll. . .they wouldn't receive the neg-reps and wouldn't have that problem. But if someone came on with the sole purpose of trolling/talking smack, they would soon find themselves relegated to the septic tank.

If stuck in the Septic tank, Admin could make a change to the persons user cp to bail them out if they had good reason. Also, (as I understood it) with every post, even in the septic tank, they received a small positive boost, so if they stayed around long enough and posted enough they could get out, and long-time members with a lot of posts (e.g. an intolerable fellow named Obi-Groo) could never get enough neg-reps to put them in the tank because they had so many posts and neg-reps were limited to only 2-3 per day per user.

So, to make all that a long story, short, if you didn't contribute anything good and were a noob just trolling then you would have a tough go of it, but it wasn't an impossible situation to get out of if you really wanted to be a member of the community instead of troll.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Aha gotcha.

The Raiders smack section allows neg rep, but even the positive rep over there is loosy goosy, not really worth as much as it should be worth. And it didn't prevent others from starting a new thread. The Chargers forum forbids you to start a new thread until you reach 500 posts.

I've seen far worse and senseless arguments in the P&R forum. I think more people get banned fighting over there than in the smack section.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

if there were no raiders fans to pick on,the offseason would be even more boring .

22. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What about regulars who contribute nothing?

I'm more concerned about them than the trolls.

24. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information