Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Default Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

First of all...
    Why do the Moderators continue to keep them around? A member who contributes NOTHING to the site except hostile arguments and badgering, should be cast off back into whatever internet world they came from. They post nothing but continuous garbage threads, and they never respond with logical arguments. We have other trolls who venture here and actually show reasons to stay and argue... San luis, Northern lights, Devilspawn, forgive me trolls if I forgot anyone...But certain clowns do nothing to help this site with moving in the right direction...

I can see how keeping them around only makes them look more of a fool, because they have nothing better to do with their lives than sign onto a Broncos message forum everyday, and make complete jokes of themselves post after post...For HUNDREDS of posts....but It's getting old, just like a bad joke told over and over again....and I'm getting sick of multiple stupid threads being started and ending EXACTLY the same way each of them do. Someone put a stop to this, please...

When your garbage can is full, you take it out before it stinks up the kitchen..When your dog shits all over your lawn, you go pick it up, and throw it away...Or the neighbors will start to move away from the shit ridden, garbage filled neighborhood, that smells and looks like shit.
    ANYONE else agree, or care to fill in any of my blanks?
    TIA...

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't care personally, but if it's that big of a deal to you, just ignore them.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I don't care personally, but if it's that big of a deal to you, just ignore them.

It was done a while ago...but the threads continue to pour on...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Ultimately you choose what threads to look at and not to look at. I look past the bullshit I don't want to read about or don't care about. All message boards are like that. You'll never get rid of that.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Mainly we don't act in such cases because being stupid and useless is not actually a rules violation, and we don't run off anyone for merely being a dunce. That can of course be changed if thats what the members want, but that leaves an awful lot of subjectivity in Mod/Admin hands. I would like a "Septic Tank" or "Horses Butt" to move some worthless threads to, and its something we've discussed here before. I've even suggested "Arrowhead Stadium" or perhaps even better "The Black Hole' as a dumping ground for this kind of crap.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following 9 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Mainly we don't act in such cases because being stupid and useless is not actually a rules violation, and we don't run off anyone for merely being a dunce. That can of course be changed if thats what the members want, but that leaves an awful lot of subjectivity in Mod/Admin hands. I would like a "Septic Tank" or "Horses Butt" to move some worthless threads to, and its something we've discussed here before. I've even suggested "Arrowhead Stadium" or perhaps even better "The Black Hole' as a dumping ground for this kind of crap.
    Along with the ability to negative rep someone into those areas....

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Sounds good to me...And banish them to only be able to post and start threads there..I would also assume it would be a op-in forum?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Sounds good to me...And banish them to only be able to post and start threads there..I would also assume it would be a op-in forum?
    That's easily done by Mods manually if some poster can't seem to start a single useful thread. I don'yt know the technical V-Bulletin stuff well enough to know if Tned can make that happen
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

That's easily done by Mods manually if some poster can't seem to start a single useful thread. I don'yt know the technical V-Bulletin stuff well enough to know if Tned can make that happen

I have always been an advocate of restraining poster from starting threads until they reach a certain threshold of posts .. I have believed that back to when I joined mania in 2003 or so..

but that would take a VOTE of the members to do..

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have always been an advocate of restraining poster from starting threads until they reach a certain threshold of posts .. I have believed that back to when I joined mania in 2003 or so..

but that would take a VOTE of the members to do..
    Of course, that could also lead to a troll posting their idiocy in 100 threads to get to the threshold...

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I've never been the type of poster to go boasting about leaving or exiling myself from the forums on the count of being thin-skinned...but this is supposed to be a refuge and place of logical discussion...At least for me...And the garbage is piling up...to a point where the Vanilla scented sanctuary is turning into garbage island.

18. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

One can only hope Dreads idea is passed and executed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You'd have to make that an opt-in type of deal, that way for the people who don't want to see that shit when the click "New Posts", they don't have to.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

the way the broncos were playing last year Invesco would be a better name...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Or "Jim's Domain"

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information