Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Being one of the x original mods on here, but moreso, using common sense, I just took the time to add up the current total for threads and posts.

As of 1:17PM MDT, there were 12,988 threads and 603,081 posts - please tell me again that the mods could possibly read every one of these posts to see if there is a rules violation
    Compiling the complete statistics of the entire site, and then telling us you can't read everything is an utter joke.

Why?

Because the only posts worth considering are the posts entered since you last logged in.

What a stupid argument?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

FYI, if I can read every thread posted in, in about 20 minutes, then you can read every thread. The argument is an absolute cop out.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Compiling the complete statistics of the entire site, and then telling us you can't read everything is an utter joke.

Why?

Because the only posts worth considering are the posts entered since you last logged in.

What a stupid argument?
    Dear Mo,

I don't get smack so I don't read 95% of what goes on there. I skip over 50% of P&R threads and ones I do read, I tend to skim after a certain point or if a post is too long. I don't read any of the baseball threads, only Med's hockey blog and after the horrendous offseason we've had so far, I don't read any Broncos thread if it becomes redundant, which a lot of them do. These things are not interesting to me and I do not wish to waste my time on them.

I am one of the mods who is online here the most and I do read a good portion of the posts here. But I simply do not see everything that happens, and more importantly, I won't. But I'll tell you what I do read here: Every single post in Town Hall, every single reported post, every single "concerning your post" PM and all the discussion that goes on around those things.

So if there is a fight in a baseball thread, I'm never going to know about it unless someone in the community reports it. I do not want to read every post here, and neither to any of the other mods, all of which have more of a life than I do. We serve as volunteers, on our own time, when we can. Any demand to read everything is simply unreasonable.

Sincerely,
    Frau
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

4. The Following 12 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

FYI, if I can read every thread posted in, in about 20 minutes, then you can read every thread. The argument is an absolute cop out.
    Um... no. Moderators do a tough thankless job... one in which they're often criticized for any action they do... or do not... take. There's no way that they can reasonably be expected to see every post on the board. They have lives... work, school, family... and are not automatons who could be expected to see every post in every subforum on this messageboard. Even if they were paid for their time (and they're not; they do this in the general best interests of the community), that's an unrealistic expectation.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

For what it's worth, I think the Mods are doing a good job

8. The Following User High Fived OaklandRaider For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont care for trolls myself either. But, i can choose not to read their garbage and just so as long as they are not posting outside their designated area than they should have that freedom to do so. Once they start filtering out of their area and start trolling elsewhere than they need to be dealt with accordingly. But right now the only trolls that are on this site get owned on a daily basis anyway so its more cheap entertainment than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the Mods are doing a good job

For what its worth, this is your all time greatest post. It shall go down in history!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What about regulars who contribute nothing?

I'm more concerned about them than the trolls.
    Im sure they can ban you if you like Buff.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    By the wayWho's the troll?
    Im sure it will come to you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

One other thing to add to that Mo.

You in fact, did not read every post here in about 20 minutes. That's because you are not a Moderator and are not subscribed or able to view all of the moderator threads and posts. Which include all reported posts, all "Concerning you post" PMs, and conversation on everything to do with those including discussion threads about larger board-wide issues.

But, on top of that, just reading those posts isn't all that's required. No, we are each expected to weigh in on each of those discussions and give our thoughts on the matter. This requires quite a bit of thought and time.

Then, on top of that, we often end up in protracted pm exchanges with posters who question our decisions, or want to make a case that we made an incorrect decision. This of course, takes quite a bit of time as well.

You have no way to know, and I had no idea either exactly how much goes on behind the scenes, and how much of our time is taken up dealing with this kind of stuff. It's almost equal to having a whole other message board to keep up with. Some days I probably spend anywhere from 65-75% of my time on the board dealing with stuff in the moderator forums. Somedays thankfully I'm able to spend most of my time out in the public areas, but to assume that 20 minutes is all that it would take to read everything on the board is just silly. Especially considering the input that we have to give back on the issues within the moderator forums.

15. The Following 10 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Maybe MB should be a moderator. You know, walk in another person's shoes?

It's easy to criticize when you're a Monday morning QB.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

You have no way to know, and I had no idea either exactly how much goes on behind the scenes, and how much of our time is taken up dealing with this kind of stuff.
    No lie there. As its pointed out before its a thankless job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just to clarify, what is everyone's definition of an internet troll and what do they do that's so bad?

I guess this answers my question.

http://www.flayme.com/troll/

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-internet-troll.htm
    Last edited by Nomad; 06-13-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The problem is (and I speak from experience), these people have jobs, families,
    and other responsibilities besides just this football message board. It is an
    unpaid position at a relatively thankless job. This is the case on any message
    board you might visit.

I have watched these mods and what they do, and they do a terrific job--
    every one of them--and the ones I worked with were pretty damned good,
    too.

But, trust me, the mods cannot catch every post entered and every violation
    committed. I'm sure they're not particularly distraught over every cirucumventing
    of the language filter that takes place, but when a severe violation goes
    unreported, then whoever witnessed it has done the entire community wrong
    by not reporting it.

I haven't always been happy over absolutely everything on this board. And
    I'm not going to be . . . I'm human, too. But I've seen a lot of the other
    boards, and this one remains heads and shoulders the best I've seen. And
    these mods comprise a big reason for it.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

21. The Following 8 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    One other thing to add to that Mo.

You in fact, did not read every post here in about 20 minutes. That's because you are not a Moderator and are not subscribed or able to view all of the moderator threads and posts. Which include all reported posts, all "Concerning you post" PMs, and conversation on everything to do with those including discussion threads about larger board-wide issues.

But, on top of that, just reading those posts isn't all that's required. No, we are each expected to weigh in on each of those discussions and give our thoughts on the matter. This requires quite a bit of thought and time.

Then, on top of that, we often end up in protracted pm exchanges with posters who question our decisions, or want to make a case that we made an incorrect decision. This of course, takes quite a bit of time as well.

You have no way to know, and I had no idea either exactly how much goes on behind the scenes, and how much of our time is taken up dealing with this kind of stuff. It's almost equal to having a whole other message board to keep up with. Some days I probably spend anywhere from 65-75% of my time on the board dealing with stuff in the moderator forums. Somedays thankfully I'm able to spend most of my time out in the public areas, but to assume that 20 minutes is all that it would take to read everything on the board is just silly. Especially considering the input that we have to give back on the issues within the moderator forums.
    The only way anyone can comprehend this is to have done it. I had no idea of the time involved, and all of the different aspects, until I did it. There also can/will be mod discussions on whether avatars/sigs are appropriate - just something else that does/can come up.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information