Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What about regulars who contribute nothing?

I'm more concerned about them than the trolls.
    You worried about getting banned Buff?

Budumbumching... I'm absolutely kidding of course.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    ...unless you report the initial post, now...because our current mods can't read threads. That's not part of their job.

Stop the reaction, not the problem...
    Being one of the x original mods on here, but moreso, using common sense, I just took the time to add up the current total for threads and posts.

As of 1:17PM MDT, there were 12,988 threads and 603,081 posts - please tell me again that the mods could possibly read every one of these posts to see if there is a rules violation

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Being one of the x original mods on here, but moreso, using common sense, I just took the time to add up the current total for threads and posts.

As of 1:17PM MDT, there were 12,988 threads and 603,081 posts - please tell me again that the mods could possibly read every one of these posts to see if there is a rules violation
    In fairness to MO, I think the point he was trying to make was that the mods don't always read through a thread when a post has been reported. His criticism being that if we looked back and read the whole thread that we might see what led up to, and who instigated the problems that developed later in the thread.

At least that's how I interpreted it. Maybe a valid criticism sometimes, but I would like to point out that often I find myself trying to sort out an entire thread, and then we get criticized for not acting promptly enough in taking action on the original report.

So, sometimes it seems like a "darned if you do, darned if you don't" situation.

What I would like to assure every poster of, is that every reported post is looked at by multiple eyes. Sometimes we don't take action right away because either one or more of us don't deem it a serious violation, or one or more of us are having a discussion about what action we should take if it needs action. Just because we don't swoop in and remove a post within 3 minutes of it being reported doesn't mean that we aren't taking it seriously, or that we are ignoring it. On the contrary, I've found that the more serious the matter and consequences in question are, the longer it takes us to come to a consensus in how to deal with it equitably.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    In fairness to MO, I think the point he was trying to make was that the mods don't always read through a thread when a post has been reported. His criticism being that if we looked back and read the whole thread that we might see what led up to, and who instigated the problems that developed later in the thread.

At least that's how I interpreted it. Maybe a valid criticism sometimes, but I would like to point out that often I find myself trying to sort out an entire thread, and then we get criticized for not acting promptly enough in taking action on the original report.

So, sometimes it seems like a "darned if you do, darned if you don't" situation.

What I would like to assure every poster of, is that every reported post is looked at by multiple eyes. Sometimes we don't take action right away because either one or more of us don't deem it a serious violation, or one or more of us are having a discussion about what action we should take if it needs action. Just because we don't swoop in and remove a post within 3 minutes of it being reported doesn't mean that we aren't taking it seriously, or that we are ignoring it. On the contrary, I've found that the more serious the matter and consequences in question are, the longer it takes us to come to a consensus in how to deal with it equitably.

let me add that many time while looking at those reported posts when we really dig into them lots of time the reportee also gets a PM telling him/her that they started the whole mess they they were concerned about.

currently we have some 1795 reported posts threads and 13,300 post in them created by mods..

383 threads concerning moderator discussion on various subject with 6135 posts in them..

another 1000 PMs concenring your posts to members with almost 3000 other posts/comments attached to them.. replies and follow up..

I personally have almost 18K posts and currently a miles worth (5281) of PMs not counting the several hunderd I have deleted.. close to 6000 PMs mostly trying to calm things down before they get out of hand.. countless MHS doing much the same.. I'd guess that less than 40% of my posts are in threads..

I'm guessing that every mod that has served has spent 85% of their forum time discussing the job, monitiring posts, working on reported posts and not getting to post nearly as much as they did before becomoing a mod.. Myself expected since I started as a mod..

so many of you think we are setting around with our thumbs up our asses.. but we are working our asses off trying to make this the best Broncos forum on the net.. I have been here from day one I was the #4 member with Admin being #1 and Tned being #2.

Top and Carol along with a lot of other mods have taken alot of crap from some self righteous schmucks just for us trying to be fair at all cost to EVERYONE on this forum..

are there trolls on here sure, but not all of them are from other teams.. time for some of Y'all to look in the mirror..

/RANT
    Last edited by Lonestar; 06-08-2009 at 04:05 PM.

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What is this, break time?

Why don't you stop sitting around with your thumb up your ass and do some work, Jr?

9. The Following 8 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Why don't you stop sitting around with your thumb up your ass and do some work, Jr?

Its my turn for a break, thats why. And yes, in answer to your next question
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

What about regulars who contribute nothing?

I'm more concerned about them than the trolls.
    leave me out of this, jerk. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Maybe he's union(member of the UMA)! I kid, I kid JR!
    Last edited by Nomad; 06-08-2009 at 06:48 PM.

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

By the wayWho's the troll?

Man would my life suck if I spent the time going around to my team rivals board with nothing but negative smack talk.

isnt it summer vacation for you?

arent you 17?

what a life you must have.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Man would my life suck if I spent the time going around to my team rivals board with nothing but negative smack talk.

isnt it summer vacation for you?

arent you 17?

what a life you must have.
    These kinds of personal remarks are not appropriate in Town Hall. If you have something to say on the subject at hand, please let share. Otherwise, do not derail this thread with smack talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    These kinds of personal remarks are not appropriate in Town Hall. If you have something to say on the subject at hand, please let share. Otherwise, do not derail this thread with smack talk.
    Yeah I felt attacked.

I was just asking an honest question, because if I am the "troll" the OP is reffering to then I would say I do contribute to the site. The few times I do post outside of the smack forum, I make sure not to bring my Raider views into the thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    Yeah I felt attacked.

I was just asking an honest question, because if I am the "troll" the OP is reffering to then I would say I do contribute to the site. The few times I do post outside of the smack forum, I make sure not to bring my Raider views into the thread.
    The fact that you behave yourself outside of the Smack Forum is not lost on the mod board. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that you are the troll in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Oh okay, thanks.

And btw, I wouldn't classify myself as a "troll". Just someone with a different POV

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    Oh okay, thanks.

And btw, I wouldn't classify myself as a "troll". Just someone with a different POV
    Different and wrong..horribly, horribly wrong!

23. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information