Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

alright, gat damnit! mods, can you PLEASE either get rid of that tool tumbana, or at the very least keep him from hijacking threads by starting arguments about cutler?

it's friggin' ridiculous. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    alright, gat damnit! mods, can you PLEASE either get rid of that tool tumbana, or at the very least keep him from hijacking threads by starting arguments about cutler?

He didn't violate any CoC rules and those threads weren't read by the moderators, so, sorry DF...no dice.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

FWIW IIRC I have yet to see a reported post concerning him..

If you feel that he or anyone else is baiting/hijacking threads either report them so we can look at them or ignore the trolls as their seems to be a lot of whining and no action about it..

Not so long ago most members wanted us to back off being heavy handed modding.. It seems to be damned if we do and damned if we do not..

so report it or live with it..

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    FWIW IIRC I have yet to see a reported post concerning him..

If you feel that he or anyone else is baiting/hijacking threads either report them so we can look at them or ignore the trolls as their seems to be a lot of whining and no action about it..

Not so long ago most members wanted us to back off being heavy handed modding.. It seems to be damned if we do and damned if we do not..

so report it or live with it..
    I'm saying this as possibly Tumbana's worst critic on two different boards, but
    he has seemed to mellow out a bit lately and has actually entered a couple
    pretty good posts.

So it would seem to me that the time when he could be 86'd is rapidly drawing
    to a close . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I'm saying this as possibly Tumbana's worst critic on two different boards, but
    he has seemed to mellow out a bit lately and has actually entered a couple
    pretty good posts.

So it would seem to me that the time when he could be 86'd is rapidly drawing
    to a close . . .

-----
    I agree some of his posts when not about jay have been pretty spot on..

but then many here are total homers also.. you know are so blinded about someone they can't see he has warts also..

We as mods are watching and trying real hard not to over mod.. we do not see every thread or post, like some seem to think we should ..

But we do see every reported post in fact we all get emails about them when they are submitted.. some days we get NONE and then some days we get 15 or more.. depends on who is drinking what late at night I think..

full moons seem to bring out the worst and weekends are usually short tempered times also..

if anyone is expecting perfection from the mods well it is not going to happen.. shit happens and we do what we can as fast as we can.. and unfortunately we can't ban some one because one or two folks do not like them..

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

full moons seem to bring out the worst and weekends are usually short tempered times also..

Careful. I resemble that remark.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Careful. I resemble that remark.
    you have been here and seen the havoc a full moon brings.. the past few days however where worse than two of them combined..

A couple of mods off on vacation, Admin in Germany, one mod in England and all of us working jobs.. when the crap hit the fan it was all we could do to stop it..

We will be better prepared the next time.. by learning from this last time..

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

and unfortunately we can't ban some one because one or two folks do not like them..

how about when hardly anyone likes them?

seriously, you know i rarely ever complain about the modding-- and this isn't a complaint, either. . . it's the trolling i'm bitching about, not the modding. . . however, i really would love to see the mods take a little more aggressive stance against the hijacking of Broncos Talk threads by rival fans. . . IMO, there should be about zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. . .

i don't care if they ever get moded in the smack forum, but if they want to talk about the bears, as far as i'm concerned it needs to go to the other NFL teams section. . . the only real beef i ever had with the modding back on mania was that those little assclowns gridiron chump and kmartin were regularly allowed to troll and talk smack in GD and nothing was ever done about it. . . i think that stuff really degrades the quality of discussion, and should be snuffed out in a hot minute. . . next time i see him pulling that BS, you can be sure i'll report it. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

how about when hardly anyone likes them?

seriously, you know i rarely ever complain about the modding-- and this isn't a complaint, either. . . it's the trolling i'm bitching about, not the modding. . . however, i really would love to see the mods take a little more aggressive stance against the hijacking of Broncos Talk threads by rival fans. . . IMO, there should be about zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. . .

i don't care if they ever get moded in the smack forum, but if they want to talk about the bears, as far as i'm concerned it needs to go to the other NFL teams section. . . the only real beef i ever had with the modding back on mania was that those little assclowns gridiron chump and kmartin were regularly allowed to troll and talk smack in GD and nothing was ever done about it. . . i think that stuff really degrades the quality of discussion, and should be snuffed out in a hot minute. . . next time i see him pulling that BS, you can be sure i'll report it. . .

right now there are two that want tighter controls.. You and MO.

while I find it a hard pill to swallow that is the consensus of the forum..

I used to be the first one to pull the card but we had a lot of complaints about letting the thread flow and migrate where they seemed to go..

So what do we want to do.. if you Can beat the drum and line up about 250 members on your side we as mods will tighten down the screws..

I for one would be more than happy to do so.. I like neat and orderly except my desk in my office..

again the only reported post on him was one that I had just done about 15 minutes before that post.. there does not seem to be the outrage that a few of you have..

but be advised that just because something is reported does not mean it will be ditched in seconds it will be looked at my several mods and unless it is egregious it may take some time to fix..

and it also does not mean IF you report one you have to report every instance in the same thread.. more in this case is not better just slows thing down even more..
    Last edited by Lonestar; 07-11-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Adopted Bronco:

JMO, but i think there's a BIG difference between letting threads diverge from their original topic as part of the natural flow of discussion, and having them blatantly hijacked by trolls who could care less about the broncos and just want to talk shit and disrupt things. . .

but it's a bit tough to "drum up" much support for any town hall discussion on a saturday night, so i'll let it go for now. . .
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

All im going to say on this is there really does need to be a scaling back on the trolling. Only because i witnessed what happened with the Sushi person in the movie thread. And if Tumbuna or whatever his name is happens to be trolling outside the smack forum than he does need to be dealt with one way or another. I dont think your really need a massive consensus on that considering it should be handled anyway according to the rules. To me that is no different than baiting. The Raider fanboy seems to be doing ok in his own little world in the smack forum. But they shouldnt be doing it outside of there.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

It pains me to say this but eventually this place will become Broncomania part 2.......

It's inevitable when the population grows to a point and becomes unmanageable...

Basically what it boils down to is, are you willing to deal with it or not?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

JMO, but i think there's a BIG difference between letting threads diverge from their original topic as part of the natural flow of discussion, and having them blatantly hijacked by trolls who could care less about the broncos and just want to talk shit and disrupt things. . .

but it's a bit tough to "drum up" much support for any town hall discussion on a saturday night, so i'll let it go for now. . .
    I agree with you dog. However, what about threads which have been started in other areas besides Bronco Talk? Some of them are just general in nature, and probably does not bother the thread starter to have them hijacked, but I am sure there have been threads started, and if you did not read from the first post on, you would have no idea what the thread starter had in mind. So, it might be tough for the mods to come down hard on those who hijack threads in Broncos Talk, but ignore any other area where it happens also.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    All im going to say on this is there really does need to be a scaling back on the trolling. Only because i witnessed what happened with the Sushi person in the movie thread. And if Tumbuna or whatever his name is happens to be trolling outside the smack forum than he does need to be dealt with one way or another. I dont think your really need a massive consensus on that considering it should be handled anyway according to the rules. To me that is no different than baiting. The Raider fanboy seems to be doing ok in his own little world in the smack forum. But they shouldnt be doing it outside of there.
    Good points - yes, it does need to be handled - regardless who does it, and it is addressed in the rules. As Jr has stated, these type of posts need to be reported.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I just want it to be known that I'm still for lax modding. I simply felt that AS7 being a troll really could not have been more obvious.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information