Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolls who contribute nothing to the site.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I would bet good money Mr. thnikka, coachchaz and MB would love to see me gone, and I am who they are talking about. I banter with Cicero alot but for some reason I think he wouldn't want me gone. I have recently had posting priveleges suspended, and I deserved it. Just remember guys, that it always takes 2 to tango. In any case, I love it here, but if enough people want to vote me off the island, I'd listen to the voice of the people. (over 50 percent would do it.) I can't help who I am. I got strong opinions and love to scream them from the mountaintops. Believe it or not I have toned my rhetoric down a bit and don't want to be suspended again. And by no means do I think myself perfect, or better than anyone else here. I just like to argue. My friends call me the contradictor and I am well known where I work for speaking my mind; it gets me into trouble occasionally, but that's who I am.

Anyways, love the site, totally respect the mods for a thankless job and go Broncos.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    So, are you saying that the moderator team should just proactively remove those folks that the moderator team considers to be a problem?

edit: if so, I would be curious to know how many folks would agree with that course of action, and how many wouldn't.
    If this happened then the Broncos Forums would essentially be a popularity contest and posters could hypothetically get a PM or email saying "the moderator team has deemed that you are unpopular (and/or some of the more-popular posters don't like you; hence your posting privileges have been revoked". IMHO, that would suck both for the community in general and even more so for the mods. They have enough work to do as it is. Just my $.02...

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    All i know is there was a certain gentleman on the Mane who although was quite funny at times and had some good input here and there he also was very disruptive and crass a good portion of that time. Well, he ended up getting banned for like a month or something like that and he made up a 2nd account and complained how he was a valued member (he had been there longtime since its inception i think) and he shouldnt have been banned. Well, he vowed he wasnt coming back and never did but two other posters who were very good posters left with him because they didnt like the fact that he got banned. So, while the ban was temporary and because it happened to a guy who the board probably could do without because he caused more problems than the usual person it also costed the board two legitimate posters along the way.

Point of my story is no matter who gets banned or deemed a "problem" poster im sure there will be others who are not as bad and contribute more who will show outrage and leave also. Again, its all subjective depending on who you talk too. If 10 members came out and said i was worthless to this board im sure i could scrounge up 1 member who was a great poster to vouch for me. (ok, maybe not)

But you get my drift. Its really not as easy as it may seem. I remember having discussions on how long a certain member should be banned and even that wasnt a
    easy thing to do. Other mods would say that said person was a valued member and didnt deserve that certain length of time while i might of disagreed because of the infraction that caused it. Its an imperfect system but the mods try to do the best they can and as fairly as they can.
    This was an instance in which a poster thought that he was "valuable" enough to the community that the rules shouldn't apply to him.... and when he crossed the line and had to be reminded that there's no point in having rules if any "given" contingent is "above" those rules... he and a couple of his friends got their noses out of joint then "took their ball and went home".

While it's regrettable that the incident(s) happened, it is not in the best interests of any messageboard community for certain individuals to lash out at others with impunity....and there could be no order or fairness if that situation did exist. The rules (COC) have to apply to everyone equally, regardless of popularity (or unpopularity).

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    No, don't run the trolls off.

Just lock them in the Smack forum with Dog and GEM . . .

-----

hell. . . just lock me and GEM in the smack forum, without the trolls. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    hell. . . just lock me and GEM in the smack forum, without the trolls. . . .

You like the rough stuff dog? I'm game.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This was an instance in which a poster thought that he was "valuable" enough to the community that the rules shouldn't apply to him.... and when he crossed the line and had to be reminded that there's no point in having rules if any "given" contingent is "above" those rules... he and a couple of his friends got their noses out of joint then "took their ball and went home".

While it's regrettable that the incident(s) happened, it is not in the best interests of any messageboard community for certain individuals to lash out at others with impunity....and there could be no order or fairness if that situation did exist. The rules (COC) have to apply to everyone equally, regardless of popularity (or unpopularity).
    While it's always something that is not looked forward to, people moving on is a part of life... and a mod staff can not let that eventuality affect doing what they believe is best for the site. It sucks... but it's just the way things are.

This site should understand that as well as any... with members that have migrated from three other major forums.

That's all I'll say before getting flamed.

To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

12. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You like the rough stuff dog? I'm game.

^^ post of the year ^^

in fact, probably the best post in the history of the site. . . .

errr, trolls. . . . uhhh. . . . what were we talking about again?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

What is it about this thread that we keep getting off-topic?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I would bet good money Mr. thnikka, coachchaz and MB would love to see me gone, and I am who they are talking about. I banter with Cicero alot but for some reason I think he wouldn't want me gone. I have recently had posting priveleges suspended, and I deserved it. Just remember guys, that it always takes 2 to tango. In any case, I love it here, but if enough people want to vote me off the island, I'd listen to the voice of the people. (over 50 percent would do it.) I can't help who I am. I got strong opinions and love to scream them from the mountaintops. Believe it or not I have toned my rhetoric down a bit and don't want to be suspended again. And by no means do I think myself perfect, or better than anyone else here. I just like to argue. My friends call me the contradictor and I am well known where I work for speaking my mind; it gets me into trouble occasionally, but that's who I am.

Anyways, love the site, totally respect the mods for a thankless job and go Broncos.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Many people on here like to argue - just remember - there is a correct way to argue, which will not get you in trouble.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post

I will level with you 27. I think your football talk is spot on. I also feel that you love to duke it out online. My perception is that you love to get under other peoples skin. You are like all 4 horsemen on crack when it comes to P&R. And honestly, you aren't as bad as a few others on this board. I don't think I have ever reported one of your posts unless you were bringing up Politics or Religion into a part of the board that is not P&R.

I wouldn't miss you if you were gone since I don't exist in the non football areas of this forum that you hang out in. You wouldn't be so bad if you didn't come off as such a bully. Maybe I don't get you, but you haven't given me a reason too. I don't expect you to, and I don't expect everyone on this board to be BFFs.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I will level with you 27. I think your football talk is spot on. I also feel that you love to duke it out online. My perception is that you love to get under other peoples skin. You are like all 4 horsemen on crack when it comes to P&R. And honestly, you aren't as bad as a few others on this board. I don't think I have ever reported one of your posts unless you were bringing up Politics or Religion into a part of the board that is not P&R.

I wouldn't miss you if you were gone since I don't exist in the non football areas of this forum that you hang out in. You wouldn't be so bad if you didn't come off as such a bully. Maybe I don't get you, but you haven't given me a reason too. I don't expect you to, and I don't expect everyone on this board to be BFFs.
    fair enough my non BFF. By the way, I agree with your sig more than might realize.

20. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Many people on here like to argue - just remember - there is a correct way to argue, which will not get you in trouble.
    I'll have to admit, it's a lot more fun getting moderated than it is moderating.

-----

22. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Post how you want Atwater. I think you are a funny bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If this happened then the Broncos Forums would essentially be a popularity contest and posters could hypothetically get a PM or email saying "the moderator team has deemed that you are unpopular (and/or some of the more-popular posters don't like you; hence your posting privileges have been revoked". IMHO, that would suck both for the community in general and even more so for the mods. They have enough work to do as it is. Just my $.02...
    I can assure Y'all that someone would not get banned just because no on liked them..

But I can tell you they would be consoled into becoming a better poster..

If they could not clean up their act after the warnings then in deed they would get some time off.. gradually at first and then a permanent Ban that has always been our policy.

But I also have to add some go from 7 days to permanent pretty fast if they show no desire to conform to our COC. when given a concerning your PM the vast majority of our members say yep, I crossed the line mea culpa.

But we have a few that think they can do no wrong that everyone else is wrong.. they are usually the ones that get time off fast..

Good members with a point of view rarely get talked to those that are belligerent get lots of chats.. just like back in second grade..

Night all

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Default Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I can assure Y'all that someone would not get banned just because no on liked them..

But I can tell you they would be consoled into becoming a better poster..

If they could not clean up their act after the warnings then in deed they would get some time off.. gradually at first and then a permanent Ban that has always been our policy.

But I also have to add some go from 7 days to permanent pretty fast if they show no desire to conform to our COC. when given a concerning your PM the vast majority of our members say yep, I crossed the line mea culpa.

But we have a few that think they can do no wrong that everyone else is wrong.. they are usually the ones that get time off fast..

Good members with a point of view rarely get talked to those that are belligerent get lots of chats.. just like back in second grade..

Night all
    You couldn't be talking about me because I know I was wrong once.

In fact, I'm searching my records right now, trying to find the incident . . .

-----

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information