Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL team of the Decade - 2000's

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Default NFL team of the Decade - 2000's

Broncos in the top 10 according to Banks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I object to him referring to the Cowboys as the team of the 90s. Yes, they were the most dominate team in the first half, but we were the most dominate team of the second half. Therefore I say that we should split the recognition. Although, I heard commintators at the time that no team deserved be recognized as the team of the 90s.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I object to him referring to the Cowboys as the team of the 90s. Yes, they were the most dominate team in the first half, but we were the most dominate team of the second half. Therefore I say that we should split the recognition. Although, I heard commintators at the time that no team deserved be recognized as the team of the 90s.
    How many Super Bowls did the Cowboys win in the 90s? How many did you guys win?

That should tell you why . The Cowboys were the team of the 90s. You win the most Superbowls in a decade, you're the team of that decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

That should tell you why . The Cowboys were the team of the 90s. You win the most Superbowls in a decade, you're the team of that decade.
    With exceptions, agreed. Nobody cares who finished last place, and nobody cares who lost in the SuperBowl.

Cowboys are the team of the 90's.

7. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Team of the Decade

1920's - Canton Bulldogs

1930's - Green bay Packers

1940's - Chicago Bears

1950's - Cleveland Browns

1960's - Green Bay Packers

1970's - Pittsburgh Steelers

1980's - San Francisco 49ers

1990's - Dallas Cowboys

2000's - New England Patriots

9. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Yup. It's a fair list. Maybe the Eagles are a little high, but that's just because of the TO thing, I'd think. Otherwise, very accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

11. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How many Super Bowls did the Cowboys win in the 90s? How many did you guys win?

Dallas 90-95: 67-29 (3 SBs) 96-99: 34-30 (0 SBs)
    Denver 90-95: 49-38 (0 SBs) 96-99: 45-19 (2 SBs)

You can't call yourselfs the team of the decade unless you were great for the entire decade.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

You can't call yourselfs the team of the decade unless you were great for the entire decade.
    Why? The SB is the most important thing period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Dallas was so dominant the first half of the decade that the second half was moot. They still finished with more wins than Denver did throughout the 90's, and playoff wins as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Team of the Decade

1920's - Canton Bulldogs

1930's - Green bay Packers

1940's - Chicago Bears

1950's - Cleveland Browns

1960's - Green Bay Packers

1970's - Pittsburgh Steelers

1980's - San Francisco 49ers

1990's - Dallas Cowboys

2000's - New England Patriots
    Denver would go to Super Bowl 31 if Michael Dean Perry runs faster to the sideline before the ref blows a whistle in the 4th quarter in the playoff match against the Jax.

16. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Why? The SB is the most important thing period.
    Ok then,

Dallas 90-95: 3 SBs 96-99: 0 SBs
    Denver 90-95: 0 SBs 96-99: 2 SBs

I'd agree that the Cowboys are the "NFL Team of the decade" because they won 3 superbowls in a 4 year span... But Ill take the 98 Broncos against any of those Cowboys teams that won the superbowl in the 90's.

Adopted Bronco:

You also have to have a larger effect on the game itself. I remember an episode of the Simpsons where Homer wants to buy the Dallas Cowboys as his dream gift. Instead, he's given the Denver Broncos, to which he replies "Awwww, the Denver Broncos...."... They were undoubtedly seen as the premier team in the league throughout the '90s, even culturally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    You also have to have a larger effect on the game itself. I remember an episode of the Simpsons where Homer wants to buy the Dallas Cowboys as his dream gift. Instead, he's given the Denver Broncos, to which he replies "Awwww, the Denver Broncos...."... They were undoubtedly seen as the premier team in the league throughout the '90s, even culturally.
    I'm not a fan of the Simsons nor of South Park. However, if we are going to let the adult cartoon to have imput in this, should not South Park's support of the Broncos even things out?

Adopted Bronco:

I'm not a fan of the Simsons nor of South Park. However, if we are going to let the adult cartoon to have imput in this, should not South Park's support of the Broncos even things out?
    Well, I was just using that to explain the cultural impact that the Cowboys had in the 90s, that they were the ULTIMATE in good football teams. So ultimate, in fact, that shows with no affiliation to them would proclaim them the team to beat. South Park, of course, is set in Colorado, and the affiliation exists because of that. Just making a point to the cultural dominance that the Cowboys had in the '90s... that they were simply the best as seen by the general public.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information