Thread: Graphics Help Please!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Default Graphics Help Please!!!

Can anybody please give me a hand? A while ago, I got into a discussion with shank and MasterShake about vector graphics...

basically my understanding about these vector graphics is that I can basically enlarge any image to much greater sizes without losing any quality. However, I have no idea how to do this stuff

If somebody who knows anything about this, or knows how to enlarge an image without compromising quality, can you please give me a hand and enlarge this image?

http://www.dailydrop.com/wp-content/...shoes-logo.jpg

If you can triple the size of the logo, that would be great! (or 1000x820 pixels, whichever is easier). I want to make a wallpaper, but when I enlarge the image the regular way then I get the "steps" on the edges, and they aren't smooth.

Thank you in advance. Go Broncos!!

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

GL, you're going to have a tough time enlarging an existing jpg without lowering the quality, and I'm assuming that's at 72 DPI.

I don't have my photoshop on this computer, but I could show you what it looked like in the morning when I got to work, and it would be pixelized. I doubt that changing it to a vector image or an EPS would help, either.

Maybe Shake might know a little bit more about vector images, but I would imagine they are created and then stored in some form of zip format, which allows it to be made bigger or smaller.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    GL, you're going to have a tough time enlarging an existing jpg without lowering the quality, and I'm assuming that's at 72 DPI.

I don't have my photoshop on this computer, but I could show you what it looked like in the morning when I got to work, and it would be pixelized. I doubt that changing it to a vector image or an EPS would help, either.

Maybe Shake might know a little bit more about vector images, but I would imagine they are created and then stored in some form of zip format, which allows it to be made bigger or smaller.
    I appreciate your help.

I can also enlarge it with my paint.net program, but then it gets all effed up too....very very pixelized.

Yeah I don't know much, if anything, about vector graphics, but in a conversation with those two I think MasterShake said that you can turn a bitmap to vector and enlarge it without losing quality. Not sure how that works...but I hope that it is actually possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I appreciate your help.

I can also enlarge it with my paint.net program, but then it gets all effed up too....very very pixelized.

Yeah I don't know much, if anything, about vector graphics, but in a conversation with those two I think MasterShake said that you can turn a bitmap to vector and enlarge it without losing quality. Not sure how that works...but I hope that it is actually possible.
    He's right, but that's a jpeg, not created in the right format to do that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

He's right, but that's a jpeg, not created in the right format to do that.
    What format does it need to be in?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What format does it need to be in?
    Vector or Bitmap...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Can anybody please give me a hand? A while ago, I got into a discussion with shank and MasterShake about vector graphics...

basically my understanding about these vector graphics is that I can basically enlarge any image to much greater sizes without losing any quality. However, I have no idea how to do this stuff

If somebody who knows anything about this, or knows how to enlarge an image without compromising quality, can you please give me a hand and enlarge this image?

http://www.dailydrop.com/wp-content/...shoes-logo.jpg

If you can triple the size of the logo, that would be great! (or 1000x820 pixels, whichever is easier). I want to make a wallpaper, but when I enlarge the image the regular way then I get the "steps" on the edges, and they aren't smooth.

Thank you in advance. Go Broncos!!
    Do you have Illustrator? If not, it might be hard. Illustrator is the only vector based program I use. If you do I can help.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Do you have Illustrator? If not, it might be hard. Illustrator is the only vector based program I use. If you do I can help.
    I wish I knew how to use Illustrator...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I wish I knew how to use Illustrator...
    All you need to know how to use in Illustrator is the Pen tool and the Live Trace command. You can trace anything to a vector with the Pen, and Live Trace will automatically turn simple shapes into Vectors. I did it with the symbol as best I could in about 5 minutes. Hope it helps:

Its a "cut" image too so it has a transparent background. Click to go to fullsize 1024x746

EDIT: The original file was so small that there is some dither still (loss of quality) but that can be cleaned up in Illustrator with the pen tool. I'm just too lazy right now.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 06-01-2009 at 08:45 PM.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Also, when in doubt Google. Heres a few DC Shoes logos I found real quick:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/147034/logo-dc-shoe-co-usa

http://www.gmkfreelogos.com/21708-DC-Shoes.html

http://www.vector-logos.com/letter-en-14-31.html (scroll down)

And if anyone does have illustrator, check out http://www.freevectors.net/ to download royalty free designs. Mix and match stuff and make things like this weird star wars city attack I made last year: http://Dranem78.deviantart.com/art/A...ACK-111893521#

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information