Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clint Hurdle Fired

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    And Joe Torre was an idiot, run out of St. Louis, Atlanta AND Philadelphia...

Torre is a leader...Might be an idiot, but he knows how to coach a team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Torre is a leader...Might be an idiot, but he knows how to coach a team.
    He wasn't in Atlanta, St. Louis and Philadelphia...baseball is more about talent than any other sport. Firing managers in baseball really is almost worthless.

Typically managers have about a five game swing in record in baseball, where as getting the right talent can have a 20-game swing at the least.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

He wasn't in Atlanta, St. Louis and Philadelphia...baseball is more about talent than any other sport. Firing managers in baseball really is almost worthless.

Typically managers have about a five game swing in record in baseball, where as getting the right talent can have a 20-game swing at the least.

I agree..

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree..
    I know. Because I'm right.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I remember rooting for the Skysox Minor league team from Co Springs back in the early 90's...Are they still around?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I know. Because I'm right.

Cheers bro...

Tracy is still a hack.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I like Clint, but it is time for a change.

Maybe if we hadn't traded our best player for 3 scrubs???

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I doubt O'Dowd is back since he is on the last year of his deal, Hurdle was in his final year as well.

The talent level overall is a heck of a lot better then the Rockies of the past in terms of position players, have depth on the bench and some good names inthe minors but it just has not been able to translate to the field in terms of wins.

Of course pitching is always going to be a tricky subject in Colorado. With the humidor its not a total launching pad, you just have to build a team a little different. Cook, Francis, Marqius, are good pitchers for Coors, and Ubaldo has teh best ERA as a starter at Coors. Problem always steems back to the pen. The Rockies have never been able to put a quality pen together. Thats where you win and lose games at Coors with the ability for teams to score runs.

I liked Hurdle but you can only go so far when a team is not performing.

Sure does not help to have Atkins off to his worst start of his career, Tulo not being able to find his stroke at the plate, Francis out for the year, team just has not been ever able to put it together after the World Series run.

I understand that Colorado is just not ever going to be at the level of the Dodgers etc.. But I just want to see a competitive team that is not out of the race by June. Make some runs at the Wild Card, maybe a division crown once in a while.

I know the Holliday trade pissed everyone off. But Gonzales does look like a player: .343 avg, .427 OBP, 7 HR, 50 RBI, 6 SB.
    Not bad if Fowler developes well thats a nice 1-2 punch in the OF.
    EY Jr, future DP combo with Tulo.

Then you just hope that Reynolds, Morales, Speier, Chacin, few names off the top of my head can comtribute on the mound sometime.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 05-29-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

God help us all if the Rocks retain O'Dowd, he has been a major reason in this teams failures. I agree with GEM, if you are going to clean house, do it!
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I remember rooting for the Skysox Minor league team from Co Springs back in the early 90's...Are they still around?
    Yes, they are the Rockies Triple-A team.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

One question...

Can an owner be fired?

Thats where the REAL problem lies...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

And Joe Torre was an idiot, run out of St. Louis, Atlanta AND Philadelphia...
    Torre never managed in Philadelphia except with the visiting team. Next time, do some research.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/ma...orrejo01.shtml
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Torre never managed in Philadelphia except with the visiting team. Next time, do some research.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/ma...orrejo01.shtml
    My bad, it was the Mets, not the Philly's. The point is still accurate. He was run from all three teams because owners thought he was a terrible manager. Now, he is a genius with four World Series Championships under his belt.

Was my point wrong?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

My bad, it was the Mets, not the Philly's. The point is still accurate. He was run from all three teams because owners thought he was a terrible manager. Now, he is a genius with four World Series Championships under his belt.

Was my point wrong?
    Not hard to win a number of World Series when your owner spends as much money as is needed to do so. That will never happen with the Rockies - at least not with the current owners.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Not hard to win a number of World Series when your owner spends as much money as is needed to do so. That will never happen with the Rockies - at least not with the current owners.
    That's exactly the point, though...managers don't matter.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information