Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG Diablo 3

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    This is correct. My wife and I gave it a trial run through the open beta they had a few weekends ago, and it seemed to run fine. Let me know what your battle-net name is and we can play together, kind of like how we were supposed to play Catan.
    Cool. That would be fun. I never played WOW, so I'll have to set up a battlenet account.

2. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    So I ordered it on Amazon and it showed up last night and I haven't loaded it yet. I heard that wou have to be online to play it that it runs through Battlenet. Is this right? If so, that is pretty damn annoying as Battlenet will be slow as **** for the next few weeks.
    Indeed. Ever since WOW went to Battlenet i have not been happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Indeed. Ever since WOW went to Battlenet i have not been happy.
    nerds

I guess I can qualify too, since I use to play WOW

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    nerds

I guess I can qualify too, since I use to play WOW
    See I have a hard time playing with people I don't know or haven't met, I never got into WOW because of it.

but for some odd reason that doesn't bother me at all on internet forums.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    See I have a hard time playing with people I don't know or haven't met, I never got into WOW because of it.

but for some odd reason that doesn't bother me at all on internet forums.
    haha.....ya well on WOW you can solo for a while and join small random groups for quests and then stick with people you like doing that with. Sorta like forums where you like to debate with certain people but are stuck with the everyone else who you can ignore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

haha.....ya well on WOW you can solo for a while and join small random groups for quests and then stick with people you like doing that with. Sorta like forums where you like to debate with certain people but are stuck with the everyone else who you can ignore.
    Ah. Diablo was always more my thing. Like Tinker said, click click click click..... Wife yell at me about divorce.......... click click click click...............

9. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

For those with Battle.net accounts, my Battletag is
    Thnikkaman#1738

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

On WoW i am my own best friend. My guild consists of me and only my characters. lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    For those with Battle.net accounts, my Battletag is
    Thnikkaman#1738
    Mine is: Northman#1752

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I've used Battlenet now with Wow and SC2. Never had any problem with it. I did hear that it had a large collapse yesterday afternoon, but Bliz had it back up shortly.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I want to pick this game up eventually, but this guy nailed whats wrong with Diablo III being online in this article:

For the six of you who just discovered the Internet today, that's a login screen. It's commonly associated with multiplayer online games like World of Warcraft and ... whatever other multiplayer games exist. Except there's a problem: Diablo III isn't a traditional MMO. You don't sign in to the game and immediately find yourself surrounded by a hundred other players shouting racial and homophobic slurs. You are in your own world. By yourself. Single player.

It is a single-player game with multiplayer options, just like all the other Diablo games. If you choose to play with your friends, you can. If you choose to join public games, you can. Otherwise, you're on your own -- and contrary to what MMO fanatics believe, this is the way millions of gamers prefer it.

But for the second time, I had to take a breath and remind myself that it's nothing to get worked up about. We've been ******* the gaming industry since the very first video game was invented. They put up with piracy for decades, and so far nothing has worked to stop it. This is just what they've come to, and if signing in to their servers helps prevent theft, then I'm all for it. The more money they make, the more resources they have to put back into expansions and content. Fine.

Read more: 5 Reasons 'Diablo III' Represents Gaming's Annoying Future | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...#ixzz1vEtqtyFT

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I want to pick this game up eventually, but this guy nailed whats wrong with Diablo III being online in this article:

Read more: 5 Reasons 'Diablo III' Represents Gaming's Annoying Future | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...#ixzz1vEtqtyFT
    Amen to that. I didn't know that would be the case before I bought the game. I would have still bought it and played it, but it is annoying that you have to sign on to play single player. I will probably like Torchlight II when it comes out more than Diablo III anyway.

So far I have enjoyed the game, but it isn't the same as when Diablo II came out which was revolutionary in some ways. I'm not bitching, it's still fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Its unfortunate, but I love it so far. I can see myself playing this for years, unlike WoW.

17. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I'm erasing my name due to hackers.
    Last edited by BigDaddyBronco; 06-02-2012 at 05:39 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Finished act 2 last night. I'm going to finish all 4 acts on my own before I start doing online multiplayer. I am absolutely loving the length and fluidity of each Act so far.

21. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information