Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Best set of corners in the AFC?

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    My analogy is shit. You just got caught up. You are basically saying that Chad Pennington is a better player than Champ Bailey.

And if the 2003 draft was held all over again, Nnamdi would go higher than Troy Polomalu.

Shutdown corners are a rarity.
    well it could be argued that polomalu got the steelers to the sb and helped them win it !....assmuggah....not so much

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Taylor Mays is an over-rated bum who NEVER stands out in a game... EVER

the guy just isnt a playmaker... Hes got amazing physical tools but Ive yet to see them on the field... Ellison stood out more at safety then Mays.

Mays is just like every other USC prospect... extremely over-hyped.

Also I never said Berry didnt run in the 4.3's... I just said that Mays is 230 pounds and can run in the 4.3's
    Taylor Mays isn't asked to be a playmaker in USC's defense. He plays the centerfield. Do you ever see any deep passes completed against USC? No. Mays is a beast. He's not better than Berry, but to say he is a scrub just makes you look foolish.

And LMAO @ Greg Hardy being a top 5 prospect.

Adopted Bronco:

Jarvis Moss about to retire? http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-B...idgetId=216686

BUST

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

jamarcus russell 19 games...15 tds 12 ints....total

BUST[
    ok start making that sound good statboy !
    and he's the most talented qb ever ....riiiiiggggghhhhttt !

Taylor Mays isn't asked to be a playmaker in USC's defense. He plays the centerfield. Do you ever see any deep passes completed against USC? No. Mays is a beast. He's not better than Berry, but to say he is a scrub just makes you look foolish.

And LMAO @ Greg Hardy being a top 5 prospect.

reading this garbage just made me a little dumber....

lol @ a safety isnt asked to be a playmaker in a defense, what the hell does that mean? The guy just doesnt stand out, just like Everson Griffin he is an amazing physical prospect from USC who doesnt do nearly as much as he could on the football field....

Taylor Mays had no INTs in 2008 and only 1 since his freshman year... LOL

Eric Berry has 13 career INT's in 2 years... lol BIG TIME DIFFERENCE right there.

what makes Greg Hardy not a top 5 prospect? who is better and why? Im pretty confident that hes better than any pass rusher that came out in 2008.... He also plays both sides of the ball on occasions so theres no way you can question his athletic ability. please explain why its so hilarious to have Greg Hardy as a top 5 prospect?

I can school you up on draft prospects as well little guy.

also can I ask you to comment on this....JaMarcus: "I'm probably a little heavy"
    the most important player on your team is heading into the year out of shape.... YET AGAIN

Adopted Bronco:

reading this garbage just made me a little dumber....

lol @ a safety isnt asked to be a playmaker in a defense, what the hell does that mean? The guy just doesnt stand out, just like Everson Griffin he is an amazing physical prospect from USC who doesnt do nearly as much as he could on the football field....

Taylor Mays had no INTs in 2008 and only 1 since his freshman year... LOL

Eric Berry has 13 career INT's in 2 years... lol BIG TIME DIFFERENCE right there.
    Pete Carrol has even said Mays is not asked to make plays is the defense they run. Here is an quote from an article comparing Berry and Mays.

PLAYMAKING

Because USC runs a Cover-2 defense -- i.e. the two safeties stay back to prevent the deep ball -- Mays does not have the kind of statistics one would expect from such a talented athlete. He has only one interception in his last 29 games and has forced just one fumble, which is surprising given how big he hits. Part of that is the scheme that doesn't ask Mays to make big plays, but it's widely accepted that he does not have great hands.

Berry, on the other hand, is asked to make plays, and he makes them. He picked off seven passes his sophomore year, returning two for scores, following up a freshman campaign where he had five picks and two touchdowns. It's hard to judge this competition fairly due to Mays' system, and we'll know more this year when Mays is expected to be given more freedom, but for now Berry is not only the better playmaker of the two but perhaps the best defensive playmaker in the nation. EDGE: Berry.
    Can you grasp that? Do you need for me to talk in a baby voice for you to understand that Mays is not asked to be a playmaker in the type of defense they run?

Eric Berry is better. But Mays is far from a scrub, kiddo.

what makes Greg Hardy not a top 5 prospect? who is better and why? Im pretty confident that hes better than any pass rusher that came out in 2008.... He also plays both sides of the ball on occasions so theres no way you can question his athletic ability. please explain why its so hilarious to have Greg Hardy as a top 5 prospect?

I can school you up on draft prospects as well little guy.
    Greg Hardy is not a better pure pass rusher than Brian Orakpo. Hardy was not even the best defensive lineman on his team last year, that was Peria Jerry. He is good but he shouldn't be listed as a top 5 prospect, over guys like Gerald McCoy, SU from Nebraska, Jevon Sneed, Dez Bryant etc etc

George Selvie is a better DE than Hardy.

You did get one thing right though, having Dunlap as the top prospect. He is Mario Williams 2.0

also can I ask you to comment on this....JaMarcus: "I'm probably a little heavy"
    the most important player on your team is heading into the year out of shape.... YET AGAIN
    You do realize he was joking with the media when he said that, right? Go watch the video on Raiders.com and you will see him and the media laughing.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    jamarcus russell 19 games...15 tds 12 ints....total

BUST[
    ok start making that sound good statboy !
    and he's the most talented qb ever ....riiiiiggggghhhhttt !
    JaMarcus Russell has gotten off to a better start in his career than John Elway.

If you think he is a bust at this point in his career, then you probably thought Elway was a bust, too.

Oh and

JaKing's stats against Broncos: 31/44 392 Yards 3 TD 0 INT

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

the entire team is full of fail, what do you expect? only team in NFL history that's going to have a 300 lb QB, who is lazy, fat, and worthless.

and Darren McFaggott ain't gonna do squat this year, except maybe tear a ligament.

Assholeamugha will get burned repeatedly, and the Faiders will flop as usual.

Pete Carrol has even said Mays is not asked to make plays is the defense they run. Here is an quote from an article comparing Berry and Mays.

PLAYMAKING

Can you grasp that? Do you need for me to talk in a baby voice for you to understand that Mays is not asked to be a playmaker in the type of defense they run?

Eric Berry is better. But Mays is far from a scrub, kiddo.

Greg Hardy is not a better pure pass rusher than Brian Orakpo. Hardy was not even the best defensive lineman on his team last year, that was Peria Jerry. He is good but he shouldn't be listed as a top 5 prospect, over guys like Gerald McCoy, SU from Nebraska, Jevon Sneed, Dez Bryant etc etc

George Selvie is a better DE than Hardy

You did get one thing right though, having Dunlap as the top prospect. He is Mario Williams 2.0

You do realize he was joking with the media when he said that, right? Go watch the video on Raiders.com and you will see him and the media laughing.
    Mccoy? Su? I bet you have never seen these players play... just going by what other "experts" have to say.... LOL, I go by who I think are the top 5 prospects not anothers opinion.

"Taylor Mays isnt asked to be a play maker" is the dumbest football related comment Ive ever read in these forums.... great defensive players arent asked to make plays because coaches expect it from them.... There is no excuse for Mays to not be more productive esspecially against the pass seeing that USC is ahead and teams have to throw the ball to have a chance... .Taylor Mays doesnt make plays because he cant.... He just doesnt have a nose for the ball... hes not a ball hawk, Kevin Ellison was always more impressive on the field... a player that will absolutely shred up the combine and will be drafted for that specific reason...for his athleticisim.... on the field? this guy wasnt close to being the best safety in the pac 10 since hes been at USC.

Adopted Bronco:

Mccoy? Su? I bet you have never seen these players play... just going by what other "experts" have to say.... LOL, I go by who I think are the top 5 prospects not anothers opinion.
    I've watched both of them play. And the DT from Alabama, Terrance Cody is also a better defensive line prospect than Greg Hardy.

"Taylor Mays isnt asked to be a play maker" is the dumbest football related comment Ive ever read in these forums.... great defensive players arent asked to make plays because coaches expect it from them.... There is no excuse for Mays to not be more productive esspecially against the pass seeing that USC is ahead and teams have to throw the ball to have a chance... .Taylor Mays doesnt make plays because he cant.... He just doesnt have a nose for the ball... hes not a ball hawk, Kevin Ellison was always more impressive on the field... a player that will absolutely shred up the combine and will be drafted for that specific reason...for his athleticisim.... on the field? this guy wasnt close to being the best safety in the pac 10 since hes been at USC.

Straight from Pete Carroll's mouth: "Taylor isn't asked to be a playmaker"

He is doing what he is asked to do in that defense they run. I don't know what else to tell ya kid, but you're dead wrong if you think Mays is a scrub because he doesn't make INTs.

This season, Mays is expected to have more freedom to roam the field.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information