Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best set of corners in the AFC?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    I actually gave you a link, dumbass.

You asked how many times Champ Bailey was targeted in 07. I told you 60 times, and I provided a link.
    The same link doesn't even LIST Asomugha.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just for others to see...
    Who Are the Best Cover Corners — 3 Year Averages

Posted: July 11, 2008 @ 6:00 pm

In part two of the series using K.C. Joyner’s YPA metrics for cornerbacks, I look at the best three year averages for cornerbacks who qualified for ratings in any of the Scientific Football Annuals from 2004 through 2007.

The pool expanded when the threshold was lowered from four to three years. 39 CBs qualified for rankings in the first instance and 64 in this group. Many of the names carry over from the first list, though there are some surprises.

Player-team YPA Avg.
    1T. Shawn Springs - Washington 6.0
    1T. Deshea Townsend - Pittsburgh 6.0
    4T. Ken Lucas - Carolina 6.1
    4T. Rod Hood - Arizona 6.1
    5. Terence Newman - Dallas 6.3
    6. Leigh Bodden - Detroit 6.4
    10T. Champ Bailey - Denver 6.5
    10T. Fred Smoot - Washington 6.5
    10T. Quentin Jammer - San Diego 6.5
    10T. Charles Woodson - Green Bay 6.5

Some of the usual suspects are here. Shawn Springs, Deshea Townsend, Ken Lucas, Terence Newman, Quentin Jammer, Fred Smoot and Charles Woodson carry over from the first list.

The must-discussed Champ Bailey shows up, with the more recent weighting increasing the value of his All-World 2006 season.

Who, however, are Rod Hood and Leigh Bodden? Hood was Philly’s nickel back, putting up standout numbers his last two years with the Eagles. They let him go and the Cards are happy to have him. His ‘07 YPA and his three year averages are better than any put up by the better known and much better paid Eagles trio of Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard and Asante Samuel.

Bodden may be a guy who helps Matt Millen hang on another year. He had stellar ‘05 and ‘06 YPAs for Cleveland. His average dropped a bit in ‘07 but his picks jumped to six. The Lions snapped him up in free agency and may have gotten a value signing.

Just missing the list: Charles Tillman of Chicago with a 6.6 average YPA and Oakland’s Nnamdi Asomugha, with a 6.7.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    The same link doesn't even LIST Asomugha.
    Um okay?

That link was to show you how many times Bailey was targeted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Um okay?

That link was to show you how many times Bailey was targeted.
    It also shows that Asomugha is nowhere near the best corner ever.

Please provide a link to your "stats?"

Simple request.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Just for others to see...
    Who Are the Best Cover Corners — 3 Year Averages

Posted: July 11, 2008 @ 6:00 pm

In part two of the series using K.C. Joyner’s YPA metrics for cornerbacks, I look at the best three year averages for cornerbacks who qualified for ratings in any of the Scientific Football Annuals from 2004 through 2007.
    From 2004 through 2007.

The only reason Nnamdi isn't on that list is because he first became a starter in the 05 season. His first two years he was a backup to Charles woodson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

From 2004 through 2007.

The only reason Nnamdi isn't on that list is because he first became a starter in the 05 season. His first two years he was a backup to Charles woodson.
    Can you PLEASE post the stats?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Until these stats are posted, there is no proof to your ridiculous, ridiculous statement, so please provide where you get your stats from.

Adopted Bronco:

Dude what stats are you talking about?

Champ Baileys? I told you, he was targeted 60 times. That link says the same thing.

You want Nnamdi's stats? DF are you talking about, boot licker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dude what stats are you talking about?

Champ Baileys? I told you, he was targeted 60 times. That link says the same thing.

You want Nnamdi's stats? DF are you talking about, boot licker.
    Well, I'm asking for a link you can't provide, apparently...

Where is the link that proves any of this ridiculous assumption? Yeah, I do want some proof of Asomugha's stats...and you apparently can't provide it, because you have some "secret" source.

Making the assumption that Asomugha is somehow the best corner ever is a stupid statement, AT BEST, and you can't back it up.

If you can, please do so, and provide some links.

Otherwise,

OWNED.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I was nice enough to show you that your boy Champ Bailey was overrated by posting his 07 targets like you asked.

If you wanted to see Nnamdi's stats, you should've asked for them first. Instead you asked for Champs, and you were owned.

Now run along, boot licker.

Nnamdi is arguably the best CB of all time

I was nice enough to show you that your boy Champ Bailey was overrated by posting his 07 targets like you asked.

If you wanted to see Nnamdi's stats, you should've asked for them first. Instead you asked for Champs, and you were owned.

http://www.youarearguablythebiggestdumbassonearth.com
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:

Mr. Robotic bird is trying to smack talk

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You are a ******* idiot.

I have repeatedly asked for Asomugha's stats, and you will not provide them based on some "secret" web site (read: non-existent) web site.

Then you post a web site saying that he's not even amongst the top cornerbacks right now, and try, and fail, to defend him again.

Once again, please provide any lick of proof that Asomugha is one of the best ever.

You can't.

You got owned, and I've thoroughly proved what a ******* moron you are.

Go back to the Raiders forums you ******* ****.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wont link you to the place I get my stats from, but here's a link to another site who reiterates what I was saying.
    Fail.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information