Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Best set of corners in the AFC?

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

Not as good as Bailey's 2005, 2006 and 2007, so whatever, moron.

I suggest you do some research before making stupid ass comments like that.

Fact of the matter is Bailey probably isn't even in discussion for best corner ever, even after what he's done, so you're ridiculous assertion just means that you have nothing when it comes to football, so you have to resort to your stupid sister and mother jokes...

Nah...we got it bro...

Fail.
    Do you understand what a Shutdown corner is? Or do you just look at a CBs INT stats to determine how good they are. Asomugha was only targeted 27 times! He only allowed 8 catches ALL season long. No touchdowns. His last season was by far superior to any season Champ Bailey has ever had.

And actually Dumbass, Champ Bailey hasn't finished top ten in CB metrics the last three years.

This past year, he was abused everytime he got on the field when he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in your pass defense, something that Asomugha will NEVER be.

Champ Bailey is just old as hell and past his prime. Accept it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    Do you understand what a Shutdown corner is? Or do you just look at a CBs INT stats to determine how good they are. Asomugha was only targeted 27 times! He only allowed 8 catches ALL season long. No touchdowns. His last season was by far superior to any season Champ Bailey has ever had.

And actually Dumbass, Champ Bailey hasn't finished top ten in CB metrics the last three years.

This past year, he was abused everytime he got on the field when he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in your pass defense, something that Asomugha will NEVER be.

Champ Bailey is just old as hell and past his prime. Accept it
    So, according to the "metrics" (I wish you'd provide a link) how many times was Bailey thrown at in 2007?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

So, according to the "metrics" (I wish you'd provide a link) how many times was Bailey thrown at in 2007?

Hold up, I'll post his stats in a minute.

Don't cry when you see they are not even close to Asomugha's metrics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hold up, I'll post his stats in a minute.

Don't cry when you see they are not even close to Asomugha's metrics.
    I want a link moron, not posted stats.

BTW, Asomugha doesn't appear on football outsider's 2007 lists.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ive-backs-2007
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

In 07, Bailey was targeted 60 times. He allowed 3 touchdowns

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In 07, Bailey was targeted 60 times. He allowed 3 touchdowns
    Link?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Asomugha doesn't even APPEAR on the top corner list for 2007 for football outsiders.

Adopted Bronco:

I wont link you to the place I get my stats from, but here's a link to another site who reiterates what I was saying.

http://www.blueandsilverreport.com/tag/champ-bailey/

As you can see, Bailey’s averages floated in the bottom half in ‘04 and ‘05 before he posted one of the best seasons recorded in ‘06. He dropped back into the bottom half in ‘07, allowing more than three yards more per attempt that year. And it’s not as if Bailey sat on an island most of the game and was then surprised when an opposing QB deigned to throw his way. He was targeted 60 times, only marginally better than counterpart Dre Bly, who saw 78 balls, though Bly’s YPA was an awful 8.8.
    What do they say about Nnamdi?

Only once in that span has a corner topped 60% in success percentage, that coming last year when the Raiders Nnamdi Asomugha posed a 62.9% success rate. Asomugha is the hardest corner to throw against, topping 50% in each of the last three years, the only cornerback to do so.
    And keep in my that this is after the 2007-2008 season. Nnamdi's 2008-2009 season blew his 07 season away.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wont link you to the place I get my stats from, but here's a link to another site who reiterates what I was saying.
    Why not?

Where are you getting your "stats?"

I think your full of shit.

If you can't provide links to your stats, there's no basis to your argument, and once again you fail.

Show me the link moron.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BTW, your link doesn't even list Asomugha on the Top 10 corners in the last four years, so I can't even comprehend how he could be the top cornerback EVER.

You fail on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Provide your link, and I'll give you credit. That's how this works.

Until then, you fail, miserably.

Adopted Bronco:

Don't trip where I get my stats from, boot licker.

Just recognize that your boy Champ Bailey aint on Nnamdi's level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Don't trip where I get my stats from, boot licker.

Just recognize that your boy Champ Bailey aint on Nnamdi's level.
    Give me a link. Where are your stats from?

Here's a lesson son, unless you can provide proof, you got nothing.

And right now, you got nothing.

You can't "own" people until you learn this, so provide a link, or you fail.

Adopted Bronco:

BTW, your link doesn't even list Asomugha on the Top 10 corners in the last four years, so I can't even comprehend how he could be the top cornerback EVER.

You fail on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Provide your link, and I'll give you credit. That's how this works.

Until then, you fail, miserably.
    06-08

Nnamdi has had three of the best years a corner could have.

He is only 27 years old. He will be the best ever

Adopted Bronco:

Give me a link. Where are your stats from?

Here's a lesson son, unless you can provide proof, you got nothing.

And right now, you got nothing.

You can't "own" people until you learn this, so provide a link, or you fail.

I actually gave you a link, dumbass.

You asked how many times Champ Bailey was targeted in 07. I told you 60 times, and I provided a link.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

06-08

Nnamdi has had three of the best years a corner could have.

He is only 27 years old. He will be the best ever
    Provide me the link to your stats, because according to the link you provided, he doesn't even post Top 10 during that time frame.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information