Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Moderation and the Smack Forum

So long as their is no insults based on race, religion, and in within reason, gender, then it should be basically anything goes. Its smack for a reason. A thread should be stickied in smack, outlining the rules clearly however. I think that if a thread can be started in Town Hall about smack, then it should have its own rules outlined in a read first thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

the username question is valid.
    some peoples username may have personal meaning(family member etc..)
    so it could be a very pesonal attack if someone made fun of it
    on the other hand it is smack and its alot of fun to say things like "chokeland" and " raiduhs" "raiturds" etc...
    i would have to say that it should be allowed and if a member asks that someone not repeat an offensive use of their username,that request should be honored

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Any formal decisions made, or should we debate this some more?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I guess that all depends on whether or not you like the way that the smack forum has been moderated over the past few weeks, and if you have any constructive input on how to improve that.

It's a never-ending process to make the board a better place. If you want to share any ideas, then we're all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Nah, I was thinking you could just keep going around bumping old threads and making witty (and I'm sure you think 'biting') comments.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Why is calling out Mods an offense? There have been some pretty biased mods. Some people seem to get banned for doing the same thing that mods have done.

I didnt see nature boy get disrespectful with other members here. I have seen a certain mod get disrespectful. I have also seen members attack nature boy and get away with it.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Why is calling out Mods an offense? There have been some pretty biased mods. Some people seem to get banned for doing the same thing that mods have done.

I didnt see nature boy get disrespectful with other members here. I have seen a certain mod get disrespectful. I have also seen members attack nature boy and get away with it.
    People only get banned when they both violate rules and blows off moderator directives.

In the case of NB, no moderator has done what he has done. Over the period of several days, he was spamming threads with attacks on other people, as well as just spam in general. Repeating the same one line over and over. When we have two or three moderators tied up dealing with the reported posts and fallout from one poster, and that poster essentially tells the mods and admin to blow him, we know he is right and he won't stop, and then continues spamming, we have a problem.

When a poster is told to do something, or more likely, stop doing something by myself or one of the mods, not to mention when s/he is told by multiple mods/admin, and they say no, I will keep doing it, because you know I am right, or something along those lines, then the unfortunate truth is more times than not the mods are going to be put in a situation of having to ban the member as the only option, other than following him around and deleting posts.

One thing to remember is that you and other non-mods don't see every posts, because many are deleted or edited long before you and others see them. We take action quickly to remove inflammatory material, so threads don't spiral out of control from the fallout from the offending posts.

On the 'questioning' a mod, I don't have time to address that now, but I think it was discussed pretty extensively in the last thread about the main forum rules. After work, I will try and either dig up those past threads or type up an explanation for that.
    Posting from a mobile phone. Short replies and typos are likely.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned-Mobile For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information