Thread: Why God?! Why?!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default Why God?! Why?!

I know this is grotesque and a major downer, but I have seen several shocking, heartbreaking and senseless stories in the last week that shake me to the bone. I can't take it. Why God would let this shit happen is beyond me. I hug my little ones that much longer. Precious little cutie pies.

Mother Arrested, Accused of Dumping 2 Kids Off Bridge, Killing Son
    Saturday, May 23, 2009

Print ShareThisPORTLAND, Ore. — The mother of a 4-year-old boy whose body was pulled from the Willamette River hours before daybreak on Saturday was arrested and accused of dumping the boy and her 7-year-old daughter off a bridge.

Portland police said 31-year-old Amanda Jo Stott-Smith was taken into custody at a downtown parking garage around 7 a.m. Saturday.

Police say her car was on the Sellwood Bridge moments before residents of the area heard the children's screams and a massive search was launched.

Earlier Saturday, police said the boy's death was suspicious, but did not say how he died.

Officers were called to the Sellwood Bridge area around 1:20 a.m. Saturday after screams were reported by residents.

Upon arrival, officers also heard screams on the river but could not locate their source because of the early morning darkness, said Officer Greg Pashley of the Portland Police Bureau. The U.S. Coast Guard sent a helicopter to assist in the search.

"As you look down into the darkness it's hard to see anything," Pashley said. "I can't imagine what it must be like to be a child in this cold river."

A local resident who was searching with his boat found the children downstream of the bridge. Police searched both sides of the river.

An autopsy for the boy was pending.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521439,00.html

Mother kills three-year-old son twice

AN American mother suffocated her son, revived him, then suffocated him again before burying his tiny body in a public playground.

New Mexico mum Tiffany Toribio, 23, confessed to the shocking crime eight days after she dug a hole and buried three-year-old Tyruss before dawn.

She had smothered him to death in his sleep.

The murder came to light on Saturday after a woman spotted a black shoe sticking out the sand in Alvarado Park.

As police launched a nationwide appeal for clues to the boy's identity, heartbroken locals nicknamed him "Baby Angel", leaving him flowers, plaques and candles at the site.

Yesterday, Ms Toribio contacted police and told them she would turn herself in.

She gave them a false identity when they arrived to pick her up, but eventually spilled the details.

"She placed her hand over her son's mouth and nose and suffocated him," police chief Ray Schultz said. "She had second thoughts about what she did."

She performed CPR on her son, brought him back to life and then decided to go forward with that original act she had started to commit," Mr Schultz said.

He said she remained severely traumatised.

"What makes this story especially sad is, when asked the reason why she took Ty's life, Tiffany said that she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him, the same way that she had grown up where nobody had cared about her."

Ms Toribio was on suicide watch in detention, he said.

Mr Schultz said there had been no reports of child abuse filed against Ms Toribio, but he said family members indicated that she did not express the typical love of a mother for her child.

"She did not show the normal relationship that you would see with a mother, son," he said.
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003402,00.html

Blind Bakersfield boy: 'Daddy ate my eyes'

Last Update: 5/15 9:30 am

Police believe a Bakersfield man bit the eyeball out of his son's face and ate it, according to court documents. The 4-year-old's other eye was damaged beyond repair, reports said.

The boy's missing eye could not be located, reports said, and he told a detective, ''Daddy ate my eyes.''

Prosecutors have charged Angelo Vidal Mendoza Sr., 34, with mayhem, torture and child cruelty. He's being held in the downtown jail in lieu of $1 million bail.

Neighbors called police on April 28 and reported they found the child naked and bleeding on the floor of the Mendoza home on Ohio Drive, near Highway 58 and Union Avenue.

Police located the wheel-chair-bound Mendoza at a nearby house, where he had severely injured his own leg, witnesses said, by chopping at it with an ax.

The boy had severe injuries to both eyes and hands, according to a police report. He told officers, ''Daddy bit my eyes and hands.''

''It was determined Mendoza was the only person alone with his son during the time of the assault,'' the police report said.

Hospital staff told detectives the boy's ''left eye and muscle was gone and missing.''

His ''right eye was still in the socket but damaged beyond repair,'' the report said.

The boy ''later made the statement, 'Daddy ate my eyes,''' the report said.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story...BlkgKlGuA.cspx

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

This shit makes me cry. I just want to explode.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

I could only barely skim. UGH. Stuff like that gives me panic attacks.
    This space available for lease.

5. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The world is a sad place. It's kinda weird to think about how perfect the earth is if you take away all of the man made things that disrupt it. I was sitting outside listening to the earth with the birds chirping and what not, but then heard a loud truck drive by and so I got annoyed, ha.

I still have a firm belief in people though, no matter how terrible and insane the actions they make are. People are good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

people are effed up, this type of crap has happened throughout history, but you seem to hear about it more not because of the internet makes information flow like a dam burst these days.

Speaking of crazy stories, did you hear about this: I thought it was pretty funny....and everyone lived.

Would-be suicide jumper pushed off bridge

CNN) -- A passerby pushed a would-be suicide jumper off a bridge in southern China because he was angry at the jumper's "selfish activity," Chinese media reported Saturday.

It happened Thursday in the city of Guangzhou as Chen Fuchao threatened to jump off Haizhu Bridge, China's Xinhua news agency reported.

The bridge has gained a "macabre" reputation with 11 jumpers having thrown themselves off the bridge since the start of April, Xinhua said.

Traffic was held up for nearly five hours and a crowd gathered as Chen sat on the bridge, threatening to jump, Xinhua reported.

Chen wanted to kill himself because he had 2 million yuan ($294,000) in debt after a failed construction project, Xinhua reported.

Lian Jiansheng, 66, who was passing by the bridge, offered to talk Chen down, Xinhua said. Police refused, but Lian broke through the police cordon and climbed to where Chen was sitting.

Lian greeted Chen with a handshake, then pushed him off the bridge, Xinhua said.

Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially-inflated emergency air cushion, damaging his spine and elbow in the fall, Xinhua said. He is now recovering in a hospital.

A photographer documented the sequence of events. The photographs show Lian, dressed in a T-shirt, shorts and socks, saluting to the crowd after pushing Chen off.

"I pushed him off because jumpers like Chen are very selfish. Their action violates a lot of public interest," Lian told Xinhua. "They do not really dare to kill themselves. Instead, they just want to raise the relevant government authorities' attention to their appeals."

Police took Lian away after the incident, Xinhua said. It did not say whether he would face any charges.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

That story made me crack up.

10. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Another brutal story for this thread. Again I ask, why?

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canad...10611-sun.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    This shit makes me cry. I just want to explode.
    Me to. I cant read that shit anymore it upsets me to much.

i am not going to read those other stories, but the dad who took the kids eyes.......

They need capital punishment for shit like that. I dont give ****. You cant do anything to kids. Its incomprehnsible. And with capital punishment it will really **** people up.

He needs to lose his eyes, have his legs finished off with the ax, and have his ears cut of his face. Then he can wheel around town and show every other douche bag out there that you will hate the rest of you life in the worst ways if you mess with the little ones.

I am soo pissed about that. Dam.
    Last edited by frauschieze; 05-24-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: circumventing language filter
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f'n ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    "Let me give you a little inside information about Satan. Satan likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He takes away instincts and instill temptation. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f'n ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

PEACE!!!
    Edited for Accuracy.

Thanks

17. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    "Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f'n ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

PEACE!!!
    Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate", in my opinion his greatest role, as Satan.

19. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate", in my opinion his greatest role, as Satan.

Got it!!!

One of my fav's.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information