Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Server outage this afternoon

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    They are going to try replacing the motherboard. If that doesn't do it, then we might be looking at an OS reinstall or something.

One of the problems with moving to a new server. Even though it is much more powerful than the last, it is dangerous to move from a stable serer/config.
    As I absolutely do not understand any of this, (server type stuff), are we the only one (BF) having problems, or is it affecting others also?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

BroncosForums is the only site on the server, so it is only effecting us.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Unfortunately, this is what has made it very tough to track down. This morning it's running VERY slow, not it's running fine.

Has anyone noticed a pattern to 'when' these slow downs occur? Have they all been late morning to early afternoon, or have there also been some in the evenings?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I'll try to pay closer attention and let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I've only noticed it between the times of 11:00 am Central to around 2:00 or so central. It's very possible that my observation is a very limited sample size, but that seems to be the recurring time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I've only noticed it between the times of 11:00 am Central to around 2:00 or so central. It's very possible that my observation is a very limited sample size, but that seems to be the recurring time frame.
    I have also only seen it during that time frame, which makes it very hard to be a random hardware issue. :frustrating:

They are going to take the server down at around 2:00am tonight/tomorrow morning (Tues morning), to run hardware diags on it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

FWIW, I've had major issues earlier in the day and for longer periods of time. When it's slow, it seems to last for a couple hours, with moments of quickness dispersed around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Might be couple momentary hiccups, as I am kicking off a full backup and database backup manually, to make sure I have good offsite backups before they take the system down for diagnostic tests in 90 minutes or so.

Ok, cross our fingers. When they were preparing to take the server down to run diags on it (check memory, harddrives, network card, etc.), they noticed it being 'sluggish' and another server in the same rack had a network problem that was effecting the other servers in the rack (most datacenters have rack mounted servers, where 6 to 12 servers will be stacked in a rack sharing a network switch and probably battery backup and a few other items).

They believe that server's problem, which has now been resolved, was causing the problems we've been seeing.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, cross our fingers. When they were preparing to take the server down to run diags on it (check memory, harddrives, network card, etc.), they noticed it being 'sluggish' and another server in the same rack had a network problem that was effecting the other servers in the rack (most datacenters have rack mounted servers, where 6 to 12 servers will be stacked in a rack sharing a network switch and probably battery backup and a few other items).

They believe that server's problem, which has now been resolved, was causing the problems we've been seeing.
    It dropped for about ten mins. on my end but has been working great since then.

They logged on a little after 2 central time, noticed the trouble and then started trouble shooting. I had a couple times where I either couldn't connect during that time.

I have been chatting with the tech and she is convinced the problem was caused by the other server and that all should be fine now.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Any problems today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Seems to be running quick - for me at least!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information