Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: As an outsider, I think this Nuggets/WWE thing is hilarious

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    And by the way, you think Vince McMahon is a douchebag? The guy is a marketing genuis, a wildly successful businessman and has created and maintained a multi -million dollar empire. What planet does that make one a douchebag? And more importantly, what does that make you?
    Is your high horse well fed?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Sure McMahon is a total douche, but he's also a friggin evil genius. He gets to move events to the Staple center and take a payoff! How perfect is that for him? Give all the LA fans a chance to "spite" the Nugs. He gets a bunch of media attention, more $$ in his pockets, and will come back to Colorado in August...which is pretty much BS. They had a show in Colorado Springs scheduled for Tuesday, and instead of refunding the tickets, the tickets will be honored for the event in August. The two original events in Colorado on Monday and Tuesday were going to be televised (on some of the highest rated shows on TV). The events in August won't be, which is why I'm thinking they didn't want the Pepsi Center for the return in August.

So, once again, douche. Total, douche. Total, evil, rich, genius, douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Taylor Swift can reschedule her concert where rescheduling a televised WWE event is damned near impossible. They are live, set for a certain day of the week at a certain time. I don't understand why that is so hard to comprehend. They can't move RAW to Wednesday. It's Monday Night. Period.

As for moving to the venue that only had 10,000 seats, that wouldn't make any business sense. There were already 10,000 tickets sold, more would be sold in the coming days and on the day of the event. So he should move an event to a place where the business can't make the most money? That's dumb.

Cancelling the Colorado Springs and Loveland shows also make good business sense. Since ultimately, he'll lose out on the Pepsi Center and there is not another suitable venue in the area, why would you be in CO, leave and then come back the next day?

I will be interested to see what happens with this, especially if McMahon sues. Depending on the wording of his contract (especially if it is not explicitly stated that the "primary tenents" have priority), I think he has a good chance of winning. How was McMahon supposed to know about any other contracts Kroenke has entered into? Business contracts are usually decided on "good faith". It's horribly interesting in any case. Much more so that the stupid basketball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Taylor Swift can reschedule her concert where rescheduling a televised WWE event is damned near impossible. They are live, set for a certain day of the week at a certain time. I don't understand why that is so hard to comprehend. They can't move RAW to Wednesday. It's Monday Night. Period.
    Well, the NBA can't reschedule their television contracts either, so that point is moot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

How was McMahon supposed to know about any other contracts Kroenke has entered into?
    Please.

McMahon is only doing this for publicity. McMahon deals with arena owners on a daily basis, McMahon has as much fault in this as Kroenke does, but no one looks at it from that angle.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Well, the NBA can't reschedule their television contracts either, so that point is moot.
    No one was arguing that the NBA should reschedule its game. It was that the WWE should reschedule its event, just like Singer A and Children's Entertainment B. The point is far from moot.

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

10. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No one was arguing that the NBA should reschedule its game. It was that the WWE should reschedule its event, just like Singer A and Children's Entertainment B. The point is far from moot.
    No one said reschedule, at least I didn't.

But he does have to move as the primary tenant is scheduled for a game.

Too bad. So sad.

The reason he hasn't sued is because he knows the contract language. He knows how this arena deal works, he's just making it public to get publicity for his event. That's it. Nothing else.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Please.

McMahon is only doing this for publicity. McMahon deals with arena owners on a daily basis, McMahon has as much fault in this as Kroenke does, but no one looks at it from that angle.
    It's win-win in terms of publicity for the WWE, I'm not going to argue there. But I would like for you to explain how McMahon is at fault for entering into a contract in August and signing a finalized contract in mid-April for a location for his event.

You can argue that he made it into a publicity stunt, but I can't see how he did anything wrong.

— Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

No one said reschedule, at least I didn't.

But he does have to move as the primary tenant is scheduled for a game.

Too bad. So sad.

The reason he hasn't sued is because he knows the contract language. He knows how this arena deal works, he's just making it public to get publicity for his event. That's it. Nothing else.
    Taylor Swift would have moved her concert. Dane Cook would have moved their concert.

McMahon is a douche bag.
    You didn't say what?

— Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's win-win in terms of publicity for the WWE, I'm not going to argue there. But I would like for you to explain how McMahon is at fault for entering into a contract in August and signing a finalized contract in mid-April for a location for his event.

You can argue that he made it into a publicity stunt, but I can't see how he did anything wrong.
    He knows the same thing Kroenke does, that there is/was a chance that the venue could be booked by a principal tenant whether it be the Denver Nuggets or the Colorado Avalanche during their playoff season.

He's not an idiot...he was waiting for one of these things to happen...

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You didn't say what?
    That he should reschedule. I'm not saying reschedule. I'm saying move. There's a difference. Taylor Swift wouldn't reschedule, she'd move to the Hollywood Bowl, and the like with Dane Cook...these things happen...

BTW, McMahon did move his traveling show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

He knows the same thing Kroenke does, that there is/was a chance that the venue could be booked by a principal tenant whether it be the Denver Nuggets or the Colorado Avalanche during their playoff season.

He's not an idiot...he was waiting for one of these things to happen...
    Doubtful. Why on earth would any business WANT to find themselves in this position? He's risking alienating fans by doing what is best for his business in this situation vs. just having an nice normal event like they do every Monday night.

I don't agree with you that this should be a too bad, so sad thing. It's bad for business all the way around. Yes, scheduling conflicts occur. But it's never the fault of the people who get double booked. When airlines overbook, they are prepared to offer pretty sweet packages to people to give up their seats. It's calculated into their profit-risk analysis in overbooking.

The same should apply here. If you really believe the WWE and McMahon should just walk away with nothing based upon a different contract with the "primary tenant", that it's too bad for them that they booked a sporting arena during what could be playoffs season, then we have nothing more to talk about.

— Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Doubtful. Why on earth would any business WANT to find themselves in this position? He's risking alienating fans by doing what is best for his business in this situation vs. just having an nice normal event like they do every Monday night.

I don't agree with you that this should be a too bad, so sad thing. It's bad for business all the way around. Yes, scheduling conflicts occur. But it's never the fault of the people who get double booked. When airlines overbook, they are prepared to offer pretty sweet packages to people to give up their seats. It's calculated into their profit-risk analysis in overbooking.

The same should apply here. If you really believe the WWE and McMahon should just walk away with nothing based upon a different contract with the "primary tenant", that it's too bad for them that they booked a sporting arena during what could be playoffs season, then we have nothing more to talk about.
    And he's going to get his pretty sweet package, and Kroenke has acknowledged that in a statement.

It's not like Kroenke isn't going to offer him a deal. You're right, it's not "too bad, so sad" necessarily, but when you cry to the media instead of being a good businessman and working out a deal, I've got little sympathy for you. The two entities are working together to work out severance for him not being able to play at the arena.

The airline reference is completely different situation, imo, btw.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information