Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: As an outsider, I think this Nuggets/WWE thing is hilarious

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    You're splitting hairs to hate on the Nuggets. It's ridiculous really.

Kroenke doesn't run the Center. He owns it. And he hosts events, just like the company that owns the Staples Center, which I'm forgetting the name right now. (they own the Sprint Center too)

You still haven't answered my question. How did the owners of Staples Center KNOW that a game wouldn't be played on the dates listed above?

Owner of the staples center could care less about the Lakers...As long as they are selling the tickets and having events instead of crickets chirping.

Obviously the Owner of the Nuggets has the authority to say no at time of scheduling in case his team might be contenders...

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

This is great, its a never ending circle of passive agressive post from Ben!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Owner of the staples center could care less about the Lakers...As long as they are selling the tickets and having events instead of crickets chirping.

Obviously the Owner of the Nuggets has the authority to say no at time of scheduling in case his team might be contenders...
    So, it's OK if Staples Center to take a gamble on a decision about scheduling because the owner of the Lakers doesn't own it, but its not OK for the owner of the Pepsi Center to gamble on a decision about scheduling because he owns the tenant?

Noted.

Doesn't really change that ALL arenas do this.

And McMahon is well aware of this shit, he strong-armed the NHL last week.

He's a douche bag. Deal with it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

So, it's OK if Staples Center to take a gamble on a decision about scheduling because the owner of the Lakers doesn't own it, but its not OK for the owner of the Pepsi Center to gamble on a decision about scheduling because he owns the tenant?

Noted.

Doesn't really change that ALL arenas do this.

And McMahon is well aware of this shit, he strong-armed the NHL last week.

He's a douche bag. Deal with it.

Vince is a moronic, dictator who only cares about his money and fake sport. I won't deny he is a piece of trash....but the Owner of the Nuggets clearly could have said "Oh wait, late May is WCF time, maybe we should put some conditions on this contract".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Vince is a moronic, dictator who only cares about his money and fake sport. I won't deny he is a piece of trash....but the Owner of the Nuggets clearly could have said "Oh wait, late May is WCF time, maybe we should put some conditions on this contract".
    And for all we know, they did...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

And for all we know, they did...

Obviously not, man...That's why he is trying to call out the owner as a bad business man.

7. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Obviously not, man...That's why he is trying to call out the owner as a bad business man.
    What about him?

He scheduled an event at a place that has a contract with a primary tenant, who MIGHT be playing in a playoff game at the same time.

He screwed his fans by agreeing to that contract, no?

I haven't heard that side of it. He's a smart man, he's made a lot of money, maybe McMahon should have thought about it too?

Maybe this goes both ways.

Look, I'm not saying Kroenke didn't make a mistake, he did, he double-booked himself, it's happened to a lot of us, me included...but...

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

What about him?

He scheduled an event at a place that has a contract with a primary tenant, who MIGHT be playing in a playoff game at the same time.

He screwed his fans by agreeing to that contract, no?

I haven't heard that side of it. He's a smart man, he's made a lot of money, maybe McMahon should have thought about it too?

Maybe this goes both ways.

Look, I'm not saying Kroenke didn't make a mistake, he did, he double-booked himself, it's happened to a lot of us, me included...but...

Once again...Vince is a HUGE piece...He is rich and full of greed.

One question before I go swimming...

Does Vince have any kind of legitamacy in his argument? Any?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Once again...Vince is a HUGE piece...He is rich and full of greed.

One question before I go swimming...

Does Vince have any kind of legitamacy in his argument? Any?
    Yes...but legally, he's screwed. Kroenke's principal agreement with the Nuggets and the city of Denver takes precedence over McMahon.

So...he should take the payout and deal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Yes...but legally, he's screwed. Kroenke's principal agreement with the Nuggets and the city of Denver takes precedence over McMahon.

So...he should take the payout and deal.

Did they say how much it would be? What about the fans who paid for WWE tickets and could care less about the NBA?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did they say how much it would be? What about the fans who paid for WWE tickets and could care less about the NBA?
    McMahon should have thought about that before he booked the date.

I'm sure they were refunded...

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

McMahon should have thought about that before he booked the date.

I'm sure they were refunded...

I see...Don't get me wrong..Maybe my current despise for the Nugs made me feel the way I do about this topic....but Vince is a HUGE scumbag...Huge.

15. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

DENVER OWNER = NO faith

get over it.
    UH NO - Denver owner = does not have a crystal ball - i.e. - EXACTLY what dates would be set for the conference finals???? i.e. - if the Nuggets make the finals, would they have home court advantage??? Sorry - I have to admit - no crystal ball for the Nuggets owner.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4522011.story

Because of the uncertainty of teams' playoff status, such double bookings aren't unprecedented. Rexall Place, home arena of the Edmonton Oilers, booked the children's show "Dora the Explorer Live, Dora's Pirate Adventure" for June 17, 2006, with the expectation that the Oilers would not advance that far in the Stanley Cup playoffs. That backfired when the Oilers became the first eighth-seeded team to reach the finals, and Game 6 was scheduled the same day as "Dora." The game was played as scheduled; "Dora" moved to another venue.

Staples Center nearly had a similar problem that year as well. It scheduled a Madonna concert June 3, believing the Lakers, Kings or Clippers would not need the building for a playoff game that night. Had the Clippers defeated Phoenix in the Western Conference semifinals, there would have been problems. The Suns won.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McMahon is a World Class Douchebag.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

And by the way, you think Vince McMahon is a douchebag? The guy is a marketing genuis, a wildly successful businessman and has created and maintained a multi -million dollar empire. What planet does that make one a douchebag?
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 05-21-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Fallout

19. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information