Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: As an outsider, I think this Nuggets/WWE thing is hilarious

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I don't think Vince McMahon is being a douche at all, he could be a dick and say "We have a contract, and the Pepsi Center has an obligation under the law to honor the contract"...

If he has a contract with the Pepsi Center and there are no exceptions in the contract saying he would have to move venues under a situation such as this, he doesn't have to move out of the Pepsi Center for the Nuggets or the second coming of Christ.

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I don't think Vince McMahon is being a douche at all, he could be a dick and say "We have a contract, and the Pepsi Center has an obligation under the law to honor the contract"...

If he has a contract with the Pepsi Center and there are no exceptions in the contract saying he would have to move venues under a situation such as this, he doesn't have to move out of the Pepsi Center for the Nuggets or the second coming of Christ.
    The Pepsi Center and the City of Denver also have a contract with the Denver Nuggets which takes precedence over any other event. Apparently their contract doesn't count?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    But what money will that bring? Vince could care less if RAW is shown in his bathroom. As long as he reels in a new audience, which he's doing right now as this soap opera drags out, he wins. He already won. He got an interview on ESPN. It'll be news during every game. And when you google the Denver Nuggets, the first three letters you see on new headlines is WWE.

Vince is a versus guy. This is his arena so to speak and he won't lose.

Can McMahon sue though? I believe tickets are sold out for this show. He can't hold it on Tuesday, since he has another show. Wednesday is an option, but not the sexy end result for McMahon, and what's to say customers won't ask for a refund. Yeah it's Kroenke's building, but unless there's specific language that forces McMahon and Co. out, a judge may have to step in if McMahon doesn't budge.
    He may not "lose" in this situation, but he won't be having his event at the Pepsi Center next week.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default WWE cancels 3 Colo. events over 'Denver Debacle'

McMahon is NOTHING but a major jerk. He has now canceled all 3 Colorado dates - BUT he says he will come back to Denver in August - and WHERE - at the Denver Coliseum - who stepped up to the plate and offered the Coliseum on May 25th, after the scheduling conflict, BUT he turned down the offer BECAUSE the Coliseum only seats 10,000????????????????

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...6146&catid=339

DENVER - World Wrestling Entertainment will move three wrestling events from various Colorado arenas to the STAPLES Center after a Denver Nuggets playoff game created a scheduling conflict at the Pepsi Center.

Dubbed the "Denver Debacle," a schedule conflict erupted after the Denver Nuggets advanced to the Western Conference Finals putting Game 4 of the seven game series on the same night, and location, as the WWE's Live Raw event: May 25 at the Pepsi Center.

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, speaking live on 4 O'Clock at 9NEWS, said the WWE was cancelling the Pepsi Center event along with a May 24 event in Loveland and a May 26 show in Colorado Springs.

All three shows will move to the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, home of the Denver Nuggets' current opponent, the LA Lakers.

McMahon said WWE would return to Colorado with an engagement at the Denver Coliseum on August 7. A spokeswoman for the Coliseum said the WWE would determine when tickets would go on sale for that event.

"We need to get back and make it right," said McMahon. "We're going to do the right thing by our audience for sure and that's why we're coming back in August."

McMahon stressed that his issue is not with fans in Colorado, but with Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke.

"I didn't create this controversy, it's Stan Kroenke's inept management which created this controversy and quite frankly Kroenke's management is driving us out of Denver. We don't want to leave Denver, they're driving us out," he said. "They wouldn't even make a deal unless there was a joint press release. You wouldn't believe the things they wanted me to say."

Kroenke Sports Enterprises (KSE) Executive Vice President Paul Andrews confirmed they were asking for a joint release, but said he thought an amicable solution had been reached in principle.

Andrews said KSE first learned of McMahon's intentions to move the events when he appeared live on 4 O'Clock at 9NEWS.

McMahon had previously asked for five tickets to the Nuggets-Lakers game on May 25 to facilitate a face-to-face meeting with Kroenke, who he had repeatedly insulted on television.

"Vince was remorseful for his outrageous statements," said Andrews.

KSE suggested in a written statement that McMahon was more interested in publicity than a solution.

"Despite the propaganda campaign launched by WWE and Chairman Vince McMahon, the KSE team maintained a professional manner throughout this process. We had hoped for, and worked hard toward an amicable resolution - which we verbally had on Tuesday," Andrews said in a written statement.

"We understand there will be many disappointed WWE fans in the Denver area. It's unfortunate and disappointing that WWE executives ultimately chose this path. The sensationalism employed by WWE in this instance is not surprising," the statement read. "The amount of publicity and coverage enjoyed by their group over the last few days has clearly become their new business goal instead of finalizing what we thought was a favorable solution and ultimately allowed their fans to attend the event."

McMahon said he would not rule out bringing WWE back to the Pepsi Center at some point, but it was clear his frustration with Kroenke hadn't subsided.

"It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular business man and picked up the phone and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand," he said.

"I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a psychological standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us," he said. "I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."

After the conflict was publicized, various arenas offered to host the WWE Raw event including Madison Square Garden in New York City and the STAPLES Center.

The Denver Nuggets, down one game in the series, are set to take on the Lakers at the Pepsi Center on both Saturday and Monday evening.

Ticketmaster did not respond to a request for comment but did put . Those calls were not immediately returned, but Ticketmaster did put up a statement on its Web site.

"The Pepsi Center regrets to announce the WWE scheduled on Monday, May 25, 2009 has been cancelled. All phone/Internet orders will be automatically credited back the ticket price + convenience charge. Tickets purchased via Ticketmaster Ticket Centers or the Pepsi Center Box Office will need to be returned to the point of purchase to obtain a refund," said the statement on Ticketmaster.com.

McMahon said rescheduling the events in Denver would take some time to work out and all three Colorado events were cancelled because the entire crew had to go to California.

"You know we're the second largest traveling show in the world, second only to Ringling Bros.," he said.

As for coming back to the Pepsi Center, "I never say never, quite frankly I think that's ridiculous for anyone to do," McMahon said.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Why are you such a one track minded person Carol?

Your team owner had NO faith in your guys making it this far, that's why Vince is an A hole right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Why are you such a one track minded person Carol?

Your team owner had NO faith in your guys making it this far, that's why Vince is an A hole right?
    EVERY arena schedules stuff year round, so spare me.

Taylor Swift is at the Staples Center on Friday...what if the NBA had chosen Friday for that game.

Useless argument, and I'm sick of hearing that this week.

Get a clue. Mike and Mike were making the same ridiculous argument this morning. The Staples Center KNEW they had a Championship Caliber team, what were they doing scheduling Taylor Swift on a night they might be playing?

Can you explain that one for me?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BTW, WCW and WWW are at Staples Center on Monday and Tuesday...

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    EVERY arena schedules stuff year round, so spare me.

Taylor Swift is at the Staples Center on Friday...what if the NBA had chosen Friday for that game.

Useless argument, and I'm sick of hearing that this week.

Get a clue. Mike and Mike were making the same ridiculous argument this morning. The Staples Center KNEW they had a Championship Caliber team, what were they doing scheduling Taylor Swift on a night they might be playing?

Can you explain that one for me?

The staples center is not OWNED by Jerry Buss. If it were it would be left for his team to play through out. Spare me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    BTW, WCW and WWW are at Staples Center on Monday and Tuesday...

Jerry Buss is not the owner of the staples center.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

DENVER OWNER = NO faith

get over it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hey look, Dane Cook is scheduled for May 28. Good thing they aren't playing there on the 28th.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jerry Buss is not the owner of the staples center.
    How did they know those dates would be available Ben? This isn't about ownership, this is about scheduling conflicts?

How did they know?

Taylor Swift would have moved her concert. Dane Cook would have moved their concert.

McMahon is a douche bag.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Its about scheduling events by your team owner or not....during the WCF.

If it were up to Jerry buss, the Clippers wouldn't step foot as a home team, niether would any performer during a crucial WCF when they are a championship calibur team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Your arguments would be VERY solid and in my face if Jerry Buss was the staples center owner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Its about scheduling events by your team owner or not....during the WCF.

If it were up to Jerry buss, the Clippers wouldn't step foot as a home team, niether would any performer during a crucial WCF when they are a championship calibur team.
    You're splitting hairs to hate on the Nuggets. It's ridiculous really.

Kroenke doesn't run the Center. He owns it. And he hosts events, just like the company that owns the Staples Center, which I'm forgetting the name right now. (they own the Sprint Center too)

You still haven't answered my question. How did the owners of Staples Center KNOW that a game wouldn't be played on the dates listed above?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information