Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Games you would like to see a sequel for

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Assassins creed didn't have an abundance of weapons, and the gameplay was highly repetitive...but the storyline had me wanting more after I beat it. I love movie-type games that leave you hanging for the sequel.

Mass effect just blew me away...Could be a top 3 fave of all time for me.
    I didn't care about the abundance of weapons, that never bothers me. BUt the part that I put in red, bored me to tears in that game. The graphics were well done, and had some very unique qualities that made the 'look' of the game stand out fantastically.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by oobehr View Post
    A new marvel vs. capcom would be nice.
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN this summer!

Games I'd like to see a sequel to?

Knights of the Old Republic
    Chrono Trigger
    Legacy of Kain series
    Ninja Gaiden (1 and 2 were awesome!)
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight series

And the following are games that need a PROPER 2D TREATMENT (ala Street Fighter IV) on the Xbox 360 and PS3:
    Metroid
    Super Mario BROTHERS (both of them,dammit!)
    Contra
    Castlevania
    and MEGA MAN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Kain (Legacy of Kain) is one of the most unappreciated characters of all time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Kain (Legacy of Kain) is one of the most unappreciated characters of all time.
    And the story was never finished!

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Mehhhhhhh...

The first Ghost Recon was more in tune with the original Rainbow Sixes, but outside... and with military units. It was awesome. The sequels were more or less a gradual shift into being console games. I don't even think GR2 had a first-person mode, or if it did it was so intolerable it basically forced you into third person.

GRAW is so freaking far away from the original GR that I don't even consider them at all to be the same games.

Same for the new Rainbow Sixes. They're fun, but not the same games. The originals were all about planning, tactics and precision timing. The new ones are basically just rocking terrorist-face and doing it as loudly and explosively as possible.
    My first experience with Ghost Recon was Island Thunder. I played the absolute shit out of that game. Console though. I've never had a computer good enough to game with, and to be honest, I never cared. I hate keyboards and mouse for gaming. Some are exactly the opposite. You are absolutely right about GR and Rainblow6. Far from tactical like they were in the old days. I think they are moreso than the Call of Duty games, but your point is most definitely valid.

It just seems to me that online gaming isn't as strong as it could be. It's the future of gaming IMO, and it seems like they've strayed away from it a bit. The reason I am so nostalgic about GR2 and GR2 SS was because for a couple years, I could find full rooms of 8v8, any time of day or night. Now,it seems like most of the games are co-op or 4v4 and it's just not as fun for me.

I just want to sneak up on you while you are using a sniper kit, laying in the grass like a douchebag, and pistol you in the back of your head, teabagging you afterwards.

GRAW wasn't bad Shazam, in fact, I still play it too. There's close to 60 maps now if you've downloaded all the content.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Pong 2 would be bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I would like to see a sequel to the original Odd World. An actual platformer puzzler like the first one was. That game rocked.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Didn't they make a sequel in Oddworld 2?

They planned a sequel to Stranger's Wrath but the developer folded.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Didn't they make a sequel in Oddworld 2?

They planned a sequel to Stranger's Wrath but the developer folded.
    The new Game Informer had something about that, but I'm too lazy to go look it up!

I thought there were a couple Oddworlds myself, can't remember though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I'd like to preface this by saying that I don't JUST play Star Wars games...

But I bought Dr. V's son "Star Wars: Battlefront 2" for his PS2 last week... only to have his PS2 bite the dust the second we put it in.

$13 for the used PS2 game... but trying to get it for my computer because now I want to try it and I'm frustrated? Nearly impossible to find, so you have to pay $100.

While searching though, I did run across the news that when one particular developer was bought out/shut down... some shots were leaked that were pretty evident that they were working on a Battlefront 3.

I think that's awesome, because I didn't expect it... as all the movies had been out when the second came out, and reading reviews of it and comments made by players... made it seem like they'd done a pretty thorough job of it.

Trying to expand/advance a great game sometimes has mixed results... possibly over complicating it and losing some of the fun... but I'd love to see what they come up with, as I'd originally thought BF 2 was for the 360 and was disappointed/surprised to see that it was old enough that it was an original XBox game.

That all said, it probably won't be any time soon, as it was unannounced as of yet and we don't know for sure if the project would be continued (presumably by EA lol)... Star Wars: The Old Republic is slated for sometime in 2010, and we've known about that one for a while now.

That's a post for another... post. I guess.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    ...only to have his PS2 bite the dust the second we put it in.
    Is it a 'Disc Read Error' or another issue?

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Is it a 'Disc Read Error' or another issue?
    Well, I think the laser was starting to go already, which gives me a bit of hesitation trying to get the other issues fixed, as the laser could just up and die there after... he was having a hard time reading DVDs already.

But when we put in this disc, the motor that moves the laser got caught and as I was trying to take a look at it and work with it, her son also tried to move it, and in the process, detached the communication ribbon from the back.

Now, looking at the ribbon, it doesn't look damaged or stripped, it looks as though it was meant to detach easily. He's got the slim PS2 though, and getting to it is troublesome.

It may have actually been the ribbon that was kinked and causing the hang up on the laser... but I won't know now.

Pain in the butt though. I'm less than pleased.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The ribbon connects underneath into a slot that is hard to see. I plugged mine back in with a long thin tweezers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

The ribbon connects underneath into a slot that is hard to see. I plugged mine back in with a long thin tweezers.
    Yeah... I was looking for some tweezers and didn't find any, and haven't really tried since.

Mainly because I think that I'll have other issues still if I get it in there. Hard to really invest too much time. I probably will this weekend or something though.

Thanks.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

I long for Killer Instinct 3
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Gamechanger View Post
    I long for Killer Instinct 3
    There was a part 2?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information