Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avengers Thread with Spoilers

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I didn't see it in 3D, but I kind of figured it would be like that. Even when a movie uses it well I get used to it after a while and regret paying extra for the ticket. Plus unless the theater keeps their bulbs on the projector bright, it really darkens the whole movie.

The Hulk sucker punch! Forgot about that!
    I have a 3D TV with the 3D BluRay player, so when this hits DVD I'll pick it up and see if it is better on my system for the 3D

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

I understood that the movie wasn't "filmed" in 3-D, yet we saw it in 3-D anyway. I thought it was pretty cool.

Any of you folks who live in South Denver, the movie theater next to Lone Tree has $5 movies all day on Sunday. Wife and I saw it in 3-d for $16, which I understand is a pretty good deal.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    I understood that the movie wasn't "filmed" in 3-D, yet we saw it in 3-D anyway. I thought it was pretty cool.

Any of you folks who live in South Denver, the movie theater next to Lone Tree has $5 movies all day on Sunday. Wife and I saw it in 3-d for $16, which I understand is a pretty good deal.
    For two tickets thats a great deal! My favorite theater is Harkins up north. The Cine Capri screen is the largest non-true IMAX screen in Colorado. Plus if you bring in your loyalty cup soda is only $1. Never had problems with jerk movie goers there either (phone talkers, seat kickers, etc.) Their prices are good, but not quite that good. I think a 3d matinee is $10 which isnt bad at all IMO.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

SPOILER:

They all die at the end, crushing all hopes of a sequel.

6. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Blatant lie, sneak.

Loki lives - he's passed around the Chitauri war camp as a victory knob-polisher.

At least be honest.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

8. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

The movie was fun. It wasn't "filled" with non-stop action like I was told it would be .. but the last 40 minutes were very fun to watch. I am glad that they didn't try to add a bunch of cheasy "3D" things flying at me. I don't need that to enjoy a 3D movie. Don't add things to fit the 3D, just make a good flick and let the 3D be there as is... depth is fine if that fits the film.

They should have included the wasp as part of the Avengers instead of Black Widow. I mean, here is blasting Iron Man, the Hulk and Thor flying and SMASHING baddies.. you have Hawkeye firing off explosive arrows......and then Black Widow with her two pistols (pew pew)...entirely out of place. I felt her character in the movie was VERY weak compared to all the rest. At the same time, they probably don't have the Wasp because that would mean they would have to include Ant Man/Giant Man.... and that just brings on an entirely new...everything.

I never was much of a Hulk guy, and Iron Man was my favorite as a kid, but the Hulk stole the show. They made his character perfect as to the comics, and its the first time they have finally matched that goal after so many friggin tries.

They STILL can't seem to give Capt. America a decent costume (although his origin movie costume was pretty good). How is it that they can make Iron Man's suit of armor incredible, spider man has the same "tights".. yet can't give Capt a decent looking costume??? Why do they try to give him that helmet????

They are talking about every Heroe's sequel movies. I think they should make them all tie in together..... think... Lord of the Rings.. where the 4th movie has them come together after all the movies tie to a single conclusion.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I really enjoyed the movie. My only complaint were the few times where you would be watching a low lit scene, and then the screen would flash to a brightly lit outside scene. Holy cow my eyes burned.

As far as Black Widow's character goes, I thought she was excellent in this movie. Yeah the fighting scenes at the end part of the movie with her could have been better, but the way she just played with the other characters in the scenes where she was interrogating were fantastic. I loved the way she turned on Loki and just said, "So you are trying to get Banner to turn? Ok, thanks." was excellent. Oh and getting to stare at Scarlett Johansson wasn't bad either.

This is exactly what I wanted a comic book movie to be. A good spread of intelligent scenes, comedy, and action. I will be buying this on DVD, possibly Blu-Ray. Ruffalo was a better Banner than Ed Norton by a long shot. So much good in this move. Now I think I have to go watch Thor again just to catch a glimpse of the infinity gauntlet.

I found this article that discussed proposed release dates for future movies of this franchise, and I think I'm hooked as long as they keep making movies that don't suck.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/05/0...engers-sequel/

13. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I hope a lot of what that writer says is wrong. I like his take, and he certainly has logic behind his opinions, but I think a lot of the "plots" in his hypothesis are too complicated. MOST of those that watch the movies are not comic-geeks. We don't know the backrounds and plot intertwining that he does, thus, I think the Thanos plot would be too complicated.

Generally speaking, I like the KISS idiology. Especially in action flics, and Marvel needs to simply Keep It Simple. The daytime soap opera of the comics need to keep out of the cinema, for the most part. Give me a good, tough, bad guy that can give the Super Heroes a fun fight to watch. Thats all we need.

I know, some of you guys are going to say "no way" because you like the comic books so much. But the truth is, 99% of te movie watchers have never read an Avengers comic in their life (or at least, not before 2 days before the movie).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I hope a lot of what that writer says is wrong. I like his take, and he certainly has logic behind his opinions, but I think a lot of the "plots" in his hypothesis are too complicated. MOST of those that watch the movies are not comic-geeks. We don't know the backrounds and plot intertwining that he does, thus, I think the Thanos plot would be too complicated.

Generally speaking, I like the KISS idiology. Especially in action flics, and Marvel needs to simply Keep It Simple. The daytime soap opera of the comics need to keep out of the cinema, for the most part. Give me a good, tough, bad guy that can give the Super Heroes a fun fight to watch. Thats all we need.

I know, some of you guys are going to say "no way" because you like the comic books so much. But the truth is, 99% of te movie watchers have never read an Avengers comic in their life (or at least, not before 2 days before the movie).
    Well, I used to REALLY like comic books but haven't collected since the mid 90's. I totally agree with you though in that what makes this movie successful is that the story is so siimple. I think the genius of the thing is that if you want a deep origin story, you have standalone movies for each character and each sequel to those can expand that story. For everyone else, the Avengers get together every 3 years in another movie where the stakes are raised and maybe a few new characters are introduced in a balls out action movie. I still have a feeling that Avengers 2 and 3 will film back to back to close everything up before Robert Downey Jr turns 60. I think the only confirmed movies so far are sequels to Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Characters like Wasp, Ant Man, etc. could be introduced in 10 minute mini-movies before those films IMO. I hope Disney/Marvel doesn't oversaturate the brand based on the success of this movie so far.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-09-2012 at 02:22 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

awesome movie, seen it last night. I dont like 3D so we only watched the "normal" version.
    Just a great movie with the perfect amount of comedy, I already want to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

19. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    . Characters like Wasp, Ant Man, etc. could be introduced in 10 minute mini-movies before those films IMO. I hope Disney/Marvel doesn't oversaturate the brand based on the success of this movie so far.
    Yeah, I can't imagine trying to make an entire movie based on Ant Man... yawn. I LOVe the Wasp as a character, but only cause I liked how they made her... character. Not as a stand alone toon. I mean, you never saw the Wasp except WITH the Avengers, and never saw the Avengers without the Wasp (well, not a lot anyway)...... which is why I was disappointed they didn't find a way to include her in this movie. Sounds stupid, because I'm not even some "Wasp" guy at all. I just felt that the Avengers were "incomplete" (so to speak) without her presence.....and even saying that to myself it sounds dumb, although I know in my head what I mean.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine trying to make an entire movie based on Ant Man... yawn. I LOVe the Wasp as a character, but only cause I liked how they made her... character. Not as a stand alone toon. I mean, you never saw the Wasp except WITH the Avengers, and never saw the Avengers without the Wasp (well, not a lot anyway)...... which is why I was disappointed they didn't find a way to include her in this movie. Sounds stupid, because I'm not even some "Wasp" guy at all. I just felt that the Avengers were "incomplete" (so to speak) without her presence.....and even saying that to myself it sounds dumb, although I know in my head what I mean.
    I get what you are saying, but this movie could barely complete a generic character arc with its already overbloated cast in almost 2 1/2 hours! The initial cut was well over 3 from what I read. So in addition to an Iron Man moment, a Thor moment, a Hulk moment, etc. we would have to see more "moments" that would just end up being too crazy. I really don't know how they can replicate the perfect timing of this movie with even MORE characters (without dropping a few), but it will be interesting to see them try. My only realy problem with the Avengers is that they continue to focus too much on Iron Man to the point where it felt like Iron Man and the Avengers. This is Captain America's team and he hardly got any screen time in comparison. Not saying its a real bad thing, just something that kind of irks me as a comic fan. At least we get to see him bark out orders ("Hulk... Smash" in particular).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information