Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avengers Thread with Spoilers

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Avengers Thread with Spoilers

just saw avengers. prolly greatest i have seen in a while. This will be a great summer for movies.

btw SPOILER BELOW

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Avengers Thread with Spoilers

I am going to try and post this for the major movie releases this summer in case people want to discuss them without having to post spoiler alerts. This is the place to discuss these films without leaving out details. If you haven't seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled, you have been warned! Otherwise, have at it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Guess I'll start, while I enjoyed the mid credits scene with Thanos making a appearance, the short scene AFTER the credits was really funny and took a good jab at those of us who wait around after credits to watch them. Having the heros just sitting around eating in a half destroyed restaurant without saying a word. Wasn't sure if I should be pissed or laugh. I laughed.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Guess I'll start, while I enjoyed the mid credits scene with Thanos making a appearance, the short scene AFTER the credits was really funny and took a good jab at those of us who wait around after credits to watch them. Having the heros just sitting around eating in a half destroyed restaurant without saying a word. Wasn't sure if I should be pissed or laugh. I laughed.
    whoa wait... i stayed for apocolypse being shown. Was there another scene after that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

wow . im pissed i didnt stay for longer. I thought the mid credit scene was the ending one!!!!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    whoa wait... i stayed for apocolypse being shown. Was there another scene after that?
    Its Thanos, not apocalypse. Yeah, one more scene they just shot recently after the main credits too. You didn't miss anything but a joke, really. Im sure its on youtube somewhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Dude...HOLY SHIT! I thought this movie was going to be good, but damn! It was awesome!!!

Probably the best new age superhero movie ever made. I got goosebumps like 3 times during the last 30 minutes.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Yeah it was really good. My only fear now is that they are going to try and cram too many heroes and villains into the sequels and make things too hard to follow. But then again, that could have happened with this one so what the hell do I know?

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Im not that familiar with the comics but who is Thanos exactly? I thought that was Red Skull.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

The Hulk vs Thor battle was great and the way the Hulk suckered punched Thor during the battle at the end was funny as heck...
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Thanos brings a war for another thing we briefly saw stuffed into Odin's treasure room, actually - the Infinity Gauntlet. I don't understand how they would possibly do that - it's basically a dream sequence where Thanos gets a hard-on for the embodiment of Death and wipes out most of the Marvel universe to prove his worth for her affections. Then it all gets undone with a snap of the fingers at the end by someone else, and voila! Nothing was lost.

I personally would leave that alone and do some version of Civil War. It would let you kill Cap and use Winter Soldier, which I assume is gonna be included in the next Cap movie, and it ties in pretty well with the distrust that "The Council" had with the use of superpowered beings in The Avengers.

But we'll see.

As for the movie... YEAH! *laughs* It was great. Things I quibbled with were relatively minor (ie, nuking NY after 30 minutes of battle against guys on sleds who looked pretty easy to shoot down). I accept that these things are necessary to move a story forward, and I don't press TOO hard on plot in superhero movies. So many great moments. Lines like Hulk's "puny god" were lifted from the comics and so great. Simple things. Cap: "There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't look like that." Perfect for him. A wonderfully crafted statement about Cap with a single line, and I have to say unusual in a secular movie to shove in a blatant remark about God in such a simple and un-argued statement.

I figure I was gonna be really bothered by Scarlett's lack of a Russian accent, but after she gave her explanation of leaving that life behind and being convinced to come over to this side, it actually felt like using her American accent was a statement about choosing that side over her murderous past. Felt perfectly right.

Tony and Pepper's relationship was WONDERFULLY done, a terrific follow up to IM2, and their collaboration on projects using his unlimited money was great. Like she's pushing him to do more for other people, and he's happy to do anything with her.

And that final-final scene in the busted-up restaurant was awesome. Cap looked so tired he was practically falling out of his chair, nobody's saying anything...LONG night at the office after a horrible project and ridiculous deadline, and the gang is eating before breaking up for a well-deserved weekend.

Badass.

Joss did a great job. I'm a fan of his work, even when it gets a little cutesy, but he gave so much time to character in this amongst all the action that I couldn't have been more fulfilled by it all.

Great culmination to a 5 movie buildup, and I can't wait to see it again.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Thanos brings a war for another thing we briefly saw stuffed into Odin's treasure room, actually - the Infinity Gauntlet. I don't understand how they would possibly do that - it's basically a dream sequence where Thanos gets a hard-on for the embodiment of Death and wipes out most of the Marvel universe to prove his worth for her affections. Then it all gets undone with a snap of the fingers at the end by someone else, and voila! Nothing was lost.

I personally would leave that alone and do some version of Civil War. It would let you kill Cap and use Winter Soldier, which I assume is gonna be included in the next Cap movie, and it ties in pretty well with the distrust that "The Council" had with the use of superpowered beings in The Avengers.

But we'll see.

As for the movie... YEAH! *laughs* It was great. Things I quibbled with were relatively minor (ie, nuking NY after 30 minutes of battle against guys on sleds who looked pretty easy to shoot down). I accept that these things are necessary to move a story forward, and I don't press TOO hard on plot in superhero movies. So many great moments. Lines like Hulk's "puny god" were lifted from the comics and so great. Simple things. Cap: "There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't look like that." Perfect for him. A wonderfully crafted statement about Cap with a single line, and I have to say unusual in a secular movie to shove in a blatant remark about God in such a simple and un-argued statement.

I figure I was gonna be really bothered by Scarlett's lack of a Russian accent, but after she gave her explanation of leaving that life behind and being convinced to come over to this side, it actually felt like using her American accent was a statement about choosing that side over her murderous past. Felt perfectly right.

Tony and Pepper's relationship was WONDERFULLY done, a terrific follow up to IM2, and their collaboration on projects using his unlimited money was great. Like she's pushing him to do more for other people, and he's happy to do anything with her.

And that final-final scene in the busted-up restaurant was awesome. Cap looked so tired he was practically falling out of his chair, nobody's saying anything...LONG night at the office after a horrible project and ridiculous deadline, and the gang is eating before breaking up for a well-deserved weekend.

Badass.

Joss did a great job. I'm a fan of his work, even when it gets a little cutesy, but he gave so much time to character in this amongst all the action that I couldn't have been more fulfilled by it all.

Great culmination to a 5 movie buildup, and I can't wait to see it again.

~G
    I remember seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in the treasure room as well, and I'm pretty sure that Loki's staff had the blue (mind) gem on it, probably on loan from Thanos. And yeah, there was never really any sense of danger in the Gauntlet story at the end, but the same can be said of the Avengers movie. Those Chutari aliens just seemed like canon fodder at the end, and you never really thought anyone was going to get hurt. And what was with the Star Wars/Independence Day ending with them all being controlled by the ship somehow?

I thought Civil War was kind of a mess, but it would be a lot easier to handle than the Infinity Gauntlet saga. Maybe they are just taking "ideas" from both story lines and reworking them to fit their films? Kind of like how Chris Nolan adapted aspects of Batman: Year One in Batman Begins but changed it to fit his needs.

I just wish Sony and FOX would share or sell back the rights to Marvel for their characters. Not having Spiderman show up during the Manhattan battle seemed sacriligous to me! I kind of hope The Amazing Spiderman falls flat on its face this summer so that is closer to becoming a reality.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Saw it last night, what a great movie. I did think they could have done more with the 3D, but it was really good.

The Hulk sucker punch and the enitre theatre laughing together.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

18. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Saw it last night, what a great movie. I did think they could have done more with the 3D, but it was really good.

The Hulk sucker punch and the enitre theatre laughing together.
    I didn't see it in 3D, but I kind of figured it would be like that. Even when a movie uses it well I get used to it after a while and regret paying extra for the ticket. Plus unless the theater keeps their bulbs on the projector bright, it really darkens the whole movie.

The Hulk sucker punch! Forgot about that!

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Yeah, Civil War would have to be...distilled. But they're gonna have to do some SERIOUS work to make an Infinity Gauntlet saga work.

I'm with you, Spidey and the Fantastic Four really belonged at this fight. I don't think Spidey will be obtainable, even if this summer's movie bombs (and I don't think it's gonna do that well, personally) and the X-Men definitely isn't coming back, but the FF might be easier. If Disney's willing to pay Fox to buy out 2nd tier properties like Daredevil and FF, I'll be stoked.

And then somebody could maybe do FREAKING DOOM CORRECTLY. Ahem. He's one of the greatest villains in Marvel - don't screw up Doom! Again. In fact, if anybody were to ask me (which unfortunately they aren't) I'd make a Doom movie with the Fantastic Four as extras instead of a FF movie with Doom as a bit player. Doom + Fantastic Four + all the Avengers might make the Infinity Gauntlet possible. They could do some blend of Secret Wars + IG and make a meal out of a whole lot of pieces.

Joss had better be the one doing it, though.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information