Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Shanahan is a HOFer?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The devils advocate position would argue he rode (goat players) Elway/TD's coattails to 2 SB victories, never was able to replicate that success, and then failed spectacularly with the Redskins - some would say negligently in regards to RGIII.

But when you HC back to back SB wins, it should be a slam dunk.

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The devils advocate position would argue he rode (goat players) Elway/TD's coattails to 2 SB victories, never was able to replicate that success, and then failed spectacularly with the Redskins - some would say negligently in regards to RGIII.

But when you HC back to back SB wins, it should be a slam dunk.
    Between his son's excellence and his singular offensive acumen, he left his imprint on the game of football. Given the championships, it's next to impossible to refute his place in the HOF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I’ve never seen a HOF coach lack great players. I don’t value that argument very much, Abe. The man also put his great players in position to thrive via scheme, play calling, and all that coach shit.

Shanahan is a top five all time modern football coach. JMO.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I didn't say I agreed with the devils advocate opinion, but it is one I have read on the dark web once or twice.

I, like Jaded, am a Shanastan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I’ve never seen a HOF coach lack great players. I don’t value that argument very much, Abe. The man also put his great players in position to thrive via scheme, play calling, and all that coach shit.

Shanahan is a top five all time modern football coach. JMO.
    Yep, I'd love to see the coach who won multiple super bowls with a bunch of scrubs.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I didn't say I agreed with the devils advocate opinion, but it is one I have read on the dark web once or twice.

I, like Jaded, am a Shanastan.
    Just come forward and own your hate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'His legacy is above reproach': Why prominent NFL media members believe Mike Shanahan deserves to be elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame

PHOENIX —As the NFL's most important decision makers gathered for the NFL Annual Meeting, so too did some of the most prominent media members who cover the league.

And the consensus among ESPN's Adam Schefter, NBC Sports' Peter King and The MMQB's Albert Breer was that former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan is worthy of election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The winningest coach in Broncos history, Shanahan's legacy spans a number of categories.

"It's unquestioned," King said of Shanahan's impact on the game. "The great thing about Mike is he left his footprints in the sands of the NFL. … I think his legacy is above reproach, and he's one of the great offensive minds in the game."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...ve-mike-shanah

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Without a doubt he's deserving especially when you think about some of the other people that are in. One of the great offensive minds in the history of the league. His big downfall was too much loyalty to bad coordinators and bad personnel decisions. Beyond that you can't question what he was as a head coach and an innovator.

14. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Without a doubt he's deserving especially when you think about some of the other people that are in. One of the great offensive minds in the history of the league. His big downfall was too much loyalty to bad coordinators and bad personnel decisions. Beyond that you can't question what he was as a head coach and an innovator.
    Slowik, that'll get you every time.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Slowik, that'll get you every time.
    Bob freaking Slowik. Here's another guy that's a great example of the levels that there are in the league. He was a great defensive backs coach but not a coordinator and there are coordinators that are great coordinators but not head coaches.

18. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Bob freaking Slowik. Here's another guy that's a great example of the levels that there are in the league. He was a great defensive backs coach but not a coordinator and there are coordinators that are great coordinators but not head coaches.
    His son might be good, though.

20. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

His son might be good, though.
    Touche,. What about his brother?............bro of slow.......sorry...... son of bum would be disappointed in that

22. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Touche,. What about his brother?............bro of slow.......sorry...... son of bum would be disappointed in that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Of course Mike Shanahan deserves to be in the HOF some day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Of course he is.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information