Thread: Is anyone else sick of all of this "bears in the superbowl" talk?

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Default Is anyone else sick of all of this "bears in the superbowl" talk?

5 months ago no one was saying Cutler was taking anyone to the super bowl next season, and no one was saying the bears were going to do anything next season, but now it just seems like all anyone can say is how they are going all the way to win the big one next season. I call BS because no matter how stellar cutler is behind a suspect offensive line and mediocre receiving corps, if that "amazing" bears defense that finished 21st in yards allowed and 16th in points allowed doesn't get better next season, they aren't doing anything at all. Sure Cutler went 8-8 with our atrocious defense but is 21st that much better that he is going to the super bowl?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I guess I haven't heard any of it.

Do you live in, and or near, Chicago?

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

No but I read a lot of articles and live chats, and watch a lot of nfl.com programs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by oobehr View Post
    No but I read a lot of articles and live chats, and watch a lot of nfl.com programs.
    Oh. I guess I've missed it. Of course, the NFC is a bit of crap shoot, especially considering that Arizona made the Super Bowl last year.

It's certainly possible. Their o-line is going to have to be worlds better, Cutler is going to have to not make the bad decisions that he did here in Denver last year (and not pout), and that defense is going to have to miraculously get younger somehow, but...yeah...I can see it.

Actually, most say the Bears are going to the playoffs, and a lot are saying they'll win their conference. Not really too many are saying they're going to the superbowl ... maybe just as many as other competitive teams fans believe their team can make the superbowl.

Maybe you're just talking to a lot of Bears fans. Despite any rankings, there is a huge gap between their defense and ours. They have the talent on defense, but have not performed up to par ... probably the same way the Chargers are very talented, but they always manage to stumble out of the gate in the earlier parts of the season with Norv coaching them. A lot are also saying their defense is getting old, but they probably only have about 2 key defenders over 30, and they're always reloading through the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I haven't seen anyone (other than bears fans) picking them to win the SB this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I haven't seen anyone (other than bears fans) picking them to win the SB this season.
    They have no proven commodity at WR, so that's a pretty big hole.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    dukes said on nfl live the other day that the bears would win the superbowl,he may have been joking about some earlier comment i dont know .but he did say it at the end of the show.
    but i bet he was wrong last year to !

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information