Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 NFL Wide Receivers

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Calvin Johnson has over 2000 receiving yards in his first two years with the Detroit Lions. Bad excuse......

(Don't bring up the "they had Jon Kitna" stuff )
    You said as of today, not over the past 6 years...as of last year Andre Johnson is definitely a top 5 reciever. I'd probably put him at #2 or 3.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    You said as of today, not over the past 6 years...as of last year Andre Johnson is definitely a top 5 reciever. I'd probably put him at #2 or 3.
    dude, that was in response to a poster making an excuse for Andre Johnson as to why he doesn't have more 1000 yard seasons.

All I was just saying was that don't make that excuse, it doesn't fly because good receivers make plays........and Calvin Johnson was on a shitty Detroit team last year yet led NFL wide receivers in receiving touchdowns and had 1300+ receiving yards last year.........and didn't he have like 4 QB's throwing him the ball throughout the season??

I don't get all the hype on Andre Johnson and people annointing him better than guys like Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, and Steve Smith. It baffles me. He's a great player, but not better than the three I mentioned.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

In no order really.

larry fitz
    andre johnson
    calvin johnson
    randy moss
    terrell ownes
    steve smith
    brandon marshall
    braylon edwards
    marques colston
    lee evans

I base mine on pure skill, not numbers. Some of these WR have had terrible qbs and/or teams but still produce.

These WR WILL Always win 1 on 1, and Consistently win vs double teams. They are game changers, and must be accounted for on every play.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

and whoever said that Larry fitz is overrated is way wrong!

Yeah, he got lots of publicity this year and for the playoffs, but he has been my fav wr in the nfl since he was drafted. He has TORN up the league ever since being drafted.

He also catches everything. I mean EVERYTHING! He will not drop a pass, and will make sure that he catches it, weather going back to the ball, jumping at the highest point, etc etc...He is also fast a shyt, and strong. There is nothing he cant do.

Its about time people start to recognize his skill set.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I think Andre Johnson is a bit over rated. I honestly dont' think he's better than Calvin Johnson in any way. Calvin has played for a better team, and had been just as productive without a QB.

Marshall did have Cutler, and Wayne has Manning.

I think I've just seen Andre Johnson disappear in too many games.... too many seasons.. to say he's a top 1-2 NFL receiver. I know he has the skills, and the ability.... but many WRs have produced with lesser QBs than he has had.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-11-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think Andre Johnson is a bit over rated. I honestly dont' think he's better than Calvin Johnson in any way. Calvin has played for a better team, and had been just as productive without a QB.

Marshall did have Cutler, and Wayne has Manning.

Thats why i left wayne off my list. I think he is awesome, but without manning i am not sure he would beat out those other players.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Dawkins

my list would go

Larry Fitzgerald.... the man can catch everything
    Andre Johnson... this man does not get enough DAP!
    Reggie Wayne... doing it without harrison last year was not easy but some how he comes out elite to me
    Steve Smith...just a playmaker period
    Brandon Marshall... the man his just a beast and did well last year knowing he had a bumed hand and hip
    Randy Moss... one hit wonder last year and it seems the only thing he runs is stright
    Calvin Johnson... riseing star for the lions? i thougot i would never see the day
    Anquan Boldin... good player but if he does not watch it i see the next T.O in the making
    Greg Jennings... Who? prob better then T.O
    Terrell Owens... have you ever seen somebody with good talent but his respect is destroyed by his on the field and off the field crap
    WE WILL MISS THIS GUY BY WEEK 10

AFTER WEEK 10 I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE CUTLER HATERS SPEAK UP!

my list would go
    Marvin Harrison.... Peyton needs a go-to guy
    Reggie Wayne... doing it without harrison last year was not easy but some how he comes out elite to me
    Brandon Marshall... the man his just a beast and did well last year knowing he had a bumed hand and hip
    Randy Moss... one hit wonder last year and it seems the only thing he runs is stright
    Calvin Johnson... riseing star for the lions? i thougot i would never see the day
    Anquan Boldin... good player but if he does not watch it i see the next T.O in the making

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

A lot of these guys we don't watch every weekend or just see highlight footage. What I did to rank them was to focus on their 2008 production but also take previous good seasons from 2000-2007 into account. The method to rank them was by statistical value to their team. Steve Smith ranks very highly because he's had two of the best statistical seasons in recent years, but his team does not throw the ball much. I used the PFR ACY/A and value charts as a guide.

Then I rearranged to suit my tastes for how I see things moving forward.

Steve Smith
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson
    Roddy White
    Brandon Marshall
    Randy Moss
    Greg Jennings
    Anquan Boldin
    Terrell Owens
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 05-11-2009 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTech View Post
    my list would go
    Marvin Harrison.... Peyton needs a go-to guy
    cute...
    WE WILL MISS THIS GUY BY WEEK 10

AFTER WEEK 10 I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE CUTLER HATERS SPEAK UP!

I think Wes Welker needs to be on this list. For the top 10 active players, His production has been off the charts the past 2 years

1.Calvin Johnson
    2.Larry Fitzgerald
    3.Andre Johnson
    4.Randy Moss
    5.Steve Smith
    6.Brandon Marshall
    7.Reggie Wayne
    8.Anquan Boldin
    9.Greg Jennings
    10.Chad Johnson/Braylon Edwards

Holmes,Royal, Bowe, Evans, Holt and Colston could be argued as top 10 worthy as well.

as for TO, I just think he has lost a step and cant put up the consistent numbers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by roomemp View Post
    I think Wes Welker needs to be on this list. For the top 10 active players, His production has been off the charts the past 2 years

i agree and disagree.

Welker, gets it done period. The man is a beast. and like you said his production is insane.

However, i also think he is more a product of the system then pure talent at WR. But stats are what the game is played on so he does merit consideration.

But in miami? st. louis? his stats werent terrific. They were good, but not top 10 good.

I like to think of a top 10 wide out as a game changer and someone who can take over a game, no matter the team. That i do not think he is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

A lot of folks have left Roddy White off their lists, but he's one of the best in the league right now. His 4.5 ACY/A is second only to Steve Smith. Considering Ryan will have a year under his belt, White could have bigger things in store this year. He's significantly underrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    In no order really.

larry fitz
    andre johnson
    calvin johnson
    randy moss
    terrell ownes
    steve smith
    brandon marshall
    braylon edwards
    marques colston
    lee evans

I base mine on pure skill, not numbers. Some of these WR have had terrible qbs and/or teams but still produce.

These WR WILL Always win 1 on 1, and Consistently win vs double teams. They are game changers, and must be accounted for on every play.
    Yeah, I like your criterias for choosing. I'm not sold on Lee Evans and Colston, though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information