Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 NFL Wide Receivers

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Default Top 10 NFL Wide Receivers

Just got done watching some of those youtube videos to kill the time...and I'm baffled by what some people say.

They think Santana Moss is one of the top 10 receivers in the league??? WTF???

Lemme see your lists.......we can debate, agree, whatever you want.

As of TODAY, who make your list at Top-10 receivers in the NFL?

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Randy Moss

3. Reggie Wayne

4. Steve Smith

5. Calvin Johnson

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Andre Johnson

8. Terrell Owens

9. Anquan Boldin/Chad Johnson

10. Greg Jennings

Like my list? I want to hear some criticism AND I want to see your list

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Looks pretty good, but I might be tempted to move Andre Johnson up two or three spots . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Just got done watching some of those youtube videos to kill the time...and I'm baffled by what some people say.

They think Santana Moss is one of the top 10 receivers in the league??? WTF???

Lemme see your lists.......we can debate, agree, whatever you want.

As of TODAY, who make your list at Top-10 receivers in the NFL?

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Randy Moss

3. Reggie Wayne

4. Steve Smith

5. Calvin Johnson

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Andre Johnson

8. Terrell Owens

9. Anquan Boldin/Chad Johnson

10. Greg Jennings

Like my list? I want to hear some criticism AND I want to see your list
    You have Andre Johnson waaaaayyyyyy too low. He is easily at least the 2nd best receiver in the league and I've heard some people who think he's the best.

My list would go like:

1. L. Fitzgerald

2. A. Johnson

3. S. Smith

4. R. Moss

5. R. Wayne

6. A. Boldin

7. Ca. Johnson

8. B. Marshall

9. R. White

10. T. Owens

Honorable mention: G. Jennings, D. Bowe, M. Colston, W. Welker

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    You have Andre Johnson waaaaayyyyyy too low. He is easily at least the 2nd best receiver in the league and I've heard some people who think he's the best.

Yea I totally agree. I think Andre Johnson is actually the best WR in the game today. He's pretty much tops in every category in comparison with the other elites: size, speed, strength, quickness, explosiveness, route running, hands, RAC. There isn't anything that guy isn't worse than great in any category for a Wr other than maybe some questionable health issues, and maybe not even that.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post

My list would go like:

1. L. Fitzgerald

2. A. Johnson

3. S. Smith

4. R. Moss

5. R. Wayne

6. A. Boldin

7. Ca. Johnson

8. B. Marshall

9. R. White

10. T. Owens

Honorable mention: G. Jennings, D. Bowe, M. Colston, W. Welker
    Lol there's no way he's better than Reggie Wayne or Randy Moss. Period.

Sure he has all the physical skills, but it's all about production. He's only had 3 1000 yard seasons in his 6 NFL seasons. Yeah that's pretty good, but Marshall has had 2 1000 yard seasons in 3 NFL seasons.

If we were going by physical skills, Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL hands down.........but we aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Yea I totally agree. I think Andre Johnson is actually the best WR in the game today. He's pretty much tops in every category in comparison with the other elites: size, speed, strength, quickness, explosiveness, route running, hands, RAC. There isn't anything that guy isn't worse than great in any category for a Wr other than maybe some questionable health issues, and maybe not even that.
    Calvin Johnson

6-5
    239 lbs.
    4.35 forty yard dash

It's not all about the physical tools........it's about production.

Andre Johnson is good, but I don't see him over the other guys.....except maybe Marshall.

Lol there's no way he's better than Reggie Wayne or Randy Moss. Period.

Sure he has all the physical skills, but it's all about production. He's only had 3 1000 yard seasons in his 6 NFL seasons. Yeah that's pretty good, but Marshall has had 2 1000 yard seasons in 3 NFL seasons.

If we were going by physical skills, Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL hands down.........but we aren't.

Calvin Johnson

6-5
    239 lbs.
    4.35 forty yard dash

It's not all about the physical tools........it's about production.

Andre Johnson is good, but I don't see him over the other guys.....except maybe Marshall.

Johnson > Moss and Wayne. Period. Some can argue Moss is a one catch wonder and Welker is the best "WR" on that team. Remember, " it isn't all about physical tools" like you said.

As far as Calvin Johnson, that's a joke. AJ is just as fast, quicker, just as strong, has better hands, is better after the catch, and runs better routes than Johnson. Period.

You wanna argue "production"? Argue AJ's, one of the most productive WR's in the league year in and year out.

10. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

I think Andre Johnson would've had much more 1,000+ yard seasons if he had a QB who wasn't eating turf each and every play.....
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

1. Randy Moss

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Andre Johnson

4. Calvin Johnson

5. Terrell Owens

6. Steve Smith

7. Reggie Wayne

8. Anquan Boldin

9. Chad Johnson

10. Greg Jennings

Honorable mentions:

Welker, Marshall and White all have questions marks which keep them out of the top 10 in my mind, but I could see a convincing argument being made for each one of them. There are also a couple of sleepers that I could see rising up, and Chad Johnson's a bit iffy for me at #9. I'm keeping him there because I'm going on the notion that last year was largely due to the QB problem.

I also expect that Calvin Johnson will be the league's best receiver in 1-2 years if his quarterback doesn't ruin it for him. It could happen as early as this year if Culpepper can stay upright.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Johnson > Moss and Wayne. Period. Some can argue Moss is a one catch wonder and Welker is the best "WR" on that team. Remember, " it isn't all about physical tools" like you said.

As far as Calvin Johnson, that's a joke. AJ is just as fast, quicker, just as strong, has better hands, is better after the catch, and runs better routes than Johnson. Period.

You wanna argue "production"? Argue AJ's, one of the most productive WR's in the league year in and year out.
    I just did argue production.

Andre Johnson has 3 1000 yard receiving seasons in 6 seasons.

Brandon Marshall has 2 1000 yard receiving seasons in 3 seasons.

Reggie Wayne has 5 1000 yard receiving seasons in 5 seasons.

Randy Moss has 9 1000 yard receiving seasons in 11 seasons.

That's your opinion regarding Andre Johnson being more physically gifted than Calvin Johnson, which I disagree with because Calvin Johnson is the biggest freak to come into the NFL for a very very very long time.

Moss a one catch wonder I stopped taking you seriously when you said that. Randy Moss is arguably one of the best receivers in NFL history. Period. Try arguing that...

Look, all I'm trying to do is justify my opinion as to why Andre Johnson isn't in the top 4....but he probably should be ahead Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson on my list if it makes you feel any better.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by ikillz0mbies View Post
    I think Andre Johnson would've had much more 1,000+ yard seasons if he had a QB who wasn't eating turf each and every play.....
    Calvin Johnson has over 2000 receiving yards in his first two years with the Detroit Lions. Bad excuse......

(Don't bring up the "they had Jon Kitna" stuff )

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Andre Johnson

3. Steve Smith

4. Brandon Marshall

5. Randy Moss

6. Calvin Johnson

7. Terrell Owens

8. Reggie Wayne

9. Chad Ocho Cinco

10. Anquan Boldin

Honorable Mention: Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Hines Ward
    Last edited by Italianmobstr7; 05-11-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Larry Fitzgerald is overrated.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

I just did argue production.

Andre Johnson has 3 1000 yard receiving seasons in 6 seasons.

Brandon Marshall has 2 1000 yard receiving seasons in 3 seasons.

Reggie Wayne has 5 1000 yard receiving seasons in 5 seasons.

Randy Moss has 9 1000 yard receiving seasons in 11 seasons.

That's your opinion regarding Andre Johnson being more physically gifted than Calvin Johnson, which I disagree with because Calvin Johnson is the biggest freak to come into the NFL for a very very very long time.

Moss a one catch wonder I stopped taking you seriously when you said that. Randy Moss is arguably one of the best receivers in NFL history. Period. Try arguing that...

Look, all I'm trying to do is justify my opinion as to why Andre Johnson isn't in the top 4....but he probably should be ahead Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson on my list if it makes you feel any better.
    Yea, Moss sure excels at catching the intermediate and physical routes over the middle doesn't he, the routes even Belichek said they keep away from Moss because he doesn't work the middle of the field very well, but nevermind that in arguing complete package for a WR. Nobody's saying he isn't one of the best in the game, but he is a one trick pony, and anybody who's followed him throughout his career doesn't need stats to bring that up.

I quit taking you seriously when you said physical tools aren't the only thing that matters, "it's production too", like AJ hasn't had production his entire career or something, while being constantly double teamed his entire career and having no oline or QB to get him the ball.

"Look, I'm just trying to justify my opinion" as to why I think AJ is the best in the game. If you want to sit here and argue opinions all day we might as well give it up now. Looks like from some of the other opinions I'm far from being the only one with the opinions about AJ.

Andre Johnson has had 1 season in 6 years where he wasn't put up Pro Bowl numbers and a mere "very good" year from him as a rookie where he was 25 yards short of 1000, and you bring up "production" along with physical skills like the guy hasn't produced or something.

I also find it ironic that you you argue "production along with physical skills", and then continue to put down Chad Johnson at #9, probably because he has a down year this year. Nevermind his skill set and the fact that he's put up HoF type numbers throughout his entire career if he can continue at his current pace for a few more seasons.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

All good lists; a lot depends on what traits someone will characterize as best ... yards, TDs, versatility, consistency, dominance, clutch, durability; also very dependent on the QB, OL, and team's overall offense.

When Tom Brady plays, there is no doubt that Randy Moss is the most dominating receiver in the league, and he has the season TD record to prove it.

Andre Johnson plays spectacular the rare times he and Schaub are healthy. It's amazing what Calvin Johnson can do, and that's with the QBs and offense they had in Detroit.

Throughout last season, different receivers took turns in the limelight, with Marshall getting the headlines early, Andre Johnson later, Antonio Bryant was playing excellent late, then Fitz was getting all the headlines coming into the playoffs and the superbowl.

Judging the best receivers, I look at clutch first, then dominance, durability, then consistency.

1st Tier
    1. Calvin Johnson - Big, strong, fast, smart, quick, athletic, physical ... the most dominating receiver in the NFL; imagine what he could do with a good quarterback and a decent offense?
    2. Randy Moss - when Brady is healthy.
    3. Andre Johnson - when Schaub is healthy.
    4. Larry Fitzgerald - when Warner decides to force the ball to him.
    5. Terrell Owens - usually in the early to mid part of the season; his age may be catching up with him.

2nd Tier
    6. Brandon Marshall - fights for every ball and every yard. The ball must be forced to him a lot too.
    7. Anquan Boldin - similar to Marshall, but maybe with better hands. Marshall's the more creative athlete, though.
    8. Steve Smith - he's like a superhuman version of Eddie Royal. Is even more productive, because of Delhomme's tunnel vision.
    9. Plaxico Burress - a matchup nightmare and super clutch receiver, when his head isn't stuck up his ass.
    10. Braylon Edwards - yeah, I know, he had a sucky season. He's got great ball skills. He just needs to get his confidence back, and Cleveland needs to stop playing in fear. It probably didn't help his psyche that Anderson would lay him out for defenders to pounce on.

I forgot about Ocho Cinco, probably because he hasn't had a good season in 2 years. I expect a bounce back this season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information