Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to come and eat some crow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Time to come and eat some crow.

This is to everyone who so stubbornly and ignorantly claimed that EFX just REFUSED to draft a DT or that they just didn't think DT is an important position worthy of a high draft pick. This goes for SEVERAL of you and you know who you are.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Did we break our tradition of being allergic to the use of a 1st round pick on a DT? No? I don't see how that requires crow-eating, then.

I expected to spend a second round on one, and we did. I'm proud of the Broncos for getting over their phobia of drafting DTs at ALL, though. I think there were many DTs better than Wolfe in last year's draft, but thank god we have Rahim Moore to negate the need for collapsing a pocket. Oh, wait...

Better late than never, Xanders. I'm satisfied with the talent and potential of Wolfe, but let's not pretend we traded up to get Fletcher Cox or something. Glad we saw it as a need and didn't run away from it, even though it's not a sexy pick. And now I hope we do something useful with the pick we dropped back to get.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

So far this draft is as unimpressive as I've seen in Denver. 2 reaches...

All those 4th rounders we acquired mean jack shit when the talent is off the board. Poorly executed draft.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Did we break our tradition of being allergic to the use of a 1st round pick on a DT? No? I don't see how that requires crow-eating, then.

I expected to spend a second round on one, and we did. I'm proud of the Broncos for getting over their phobia of drafting DTs at ALL, though. I think there were many DTs better than Wolfe in last year's draft, but thank god we have Rahim Moore to negate the need for collapsing a pocket. Oh, wait...

Better late than never, Xanders. I'm satisfied with the talent and potential of Wolfe, but let's not pretend we traded up to get Fletcher Cox or something. Glad we saw it as a need and didn't run away from it, even though it's not a sexy pick. And now I hope we do something useful with the pick we dropped back to get.

~G
    Right on!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

one second rounder in like a dozen years. . . new york giants, stand back!!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Typical Bronco fans. Complain day after day about not drafting DTs high, then bitch about it when they actually do. Gotta love it!

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

pooopooooop

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Wolfe isn't the sexy pick so it doesn't count

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Wolfe isn't the sexy pick so it doesn't count
    Hahaha....so true, so sadly damn true!

I thought the pick would be Reyes, but they pulled the stunner. By the way, rumor has it that Wolfe was a top of the Chargers' board who ended up taking Reyes instead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Typical Bronco fans. Complain day after day about not drafting DTs high, then bitch about it when they actually do. Gotta love it!
    who's complaining? making fun of your predictable overreaction doesn't equal complaining. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    who's complaining? making fun of your predictable overreaction doesn't equal complaining. . .
    If people are going to constantly spew their ignorance about Denver's refusal to address the DT position, they should man up and admit that they didn't really know what the hell they were talking about. I don't really expect anyone to though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

BTB, you are a living breathing tampon.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    This is to everyone who so stubbornly and ignorantly claimed that EFX just REFUSED to draft a DT or that they just didn't think DT is an important position worthy of a high draft pick. This goes for SEVERAL of you and you know who you are.
    One of the espn draft tracker questions directed to fans.

Thoughts on Derek Wolfe?

Top answer with 73%. Who is Derek Wolfe?

I'm not saying they're wrong. I just don't think that's quite some fans MIGHT have wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    So far this draft is as unimpressive as I've seen in Denver. 2 reaches...

All those 4th rounders we acquired mean jack shit when the talent is off the board. Poorly executed draft.

I'm with ya on this. I have zero clue why anyone is excited.

We reached for Wolfe and there were still THREE higher ranked DTs on the board.
    EFX didnt want to deal with the 1st round project QB Tebow and traded him away for nothing. What do they do? The pick an EVEN BIGGER project and waste a high pick on him. Tall, lanky, low delivery but has a BIG arm! Wow, so did Tebow.
    We passed on several guys that would come in day 1 and start....day 1!!! For what? A 4th? lol....ok.....sure. *fart*
    We then have a chance to get Lamar Miller or LaMichael James and we trade UP for another reach!

Wow....just wow. This is the first year where I just had to shut of the TV. Even with all of the stupid trades and picks McDaniels was doing I still had to watch because I realized Joshy was mental in the head. I know EFX knows better than that....I know it. So that's why it was hard to watch.

Now all I am seeing is Wolfe is so great this, Wolfe is so great that....Brocks the best thing since sliced cheese....yeah we got the next Sproles/MJD.

Eff my life.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Still not sure what the point of this thread is. "to everyone who so stubbornly and ignorantly claimed that EFX just REFUSED to draft a DT or that they just didn't think DT is an important position worthy of a high draft pick. This goes for SEVERAL of you and you know who you are."

I guess we should all stop posting in this thread, since dogfish and I have been screaming about DTs forever and both said it would be a stretch for the Broncos to draft one in the first, and they didn't. So, uh...we were right.

And Lancane, I do think that's why they went Wolfe there: They didn't feel like he would drop any further and they wanted him. I'm glad we got the guy we wanted at a reasonable draft position in our minds. It makes it easier to judge the draft than when they make the excuse that "There wasn't anybody we liked, so we couldn't address that problem on our roster."

We traded around the first two days and got exactly who we wanted, from the looks of things. This is very good news.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information