Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: for all the mcfadden people....

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I haven't heard one way or the other, but assume he will declare. Do you think it's a foregone conclusion that Jones comes out? I can't see much reason for him to stay at Arkansas another year, other than the fact he will be 'the' guy and could increase his value a lot with a year when he doesn't run behind McFadden.
    McFadden is a go, but you don't read or hear much about Jones from anywhere. It's a weak class, so I see no reason for him to stay unless he'd want to try and be a top ten guy or so in 2009. Problem is, there are abut 7-9 great backs in the junior class. His value might be higher now than it would next year, and then you always have the possibility of injury which lingers in players minds as well.

Nutt's gone, and I don't know his relationship with him - but I'm not sure he'll want to come back to a team with a new head coach.

A 20 year old running back with explosive running skills, decent hands and return skills is going to be really valuable for any team looking for help on offense or special teams. I just can't see how he isn't a first-day selection. I'd definitely love him in Orange and Blue.

Not foregone, but probably 50/50. I'd love to see anything if he's submitted papers to the Advisory Council to get a potential grade. Then again, maybe getting a degree matters to him. I know I didn't give a good answer, but Hell, it's a little early. Bowl games left.
    Last edited by Requiem / The Dagda; 12-05-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    There's absolutely no justification for trading up for McFadden when the Broncos are in prime position to accumulate more picks and add a plethora of youth to this team. A weak senior class means junior backs will declare, and with about every team outside 5-7 in the NFL having their rushing threats already in order - we could just pick up someone in rounds two or three that could be our "guy" in the future. Henry not getting suspended doesn't ease my thoughts on getting a running back early, but I'm sure it eliminates the prospect entirely from a front office standpoint. I think the earliest we see a back drafted is the fourth round our so, if not the fifth where we have the extra selections to get that value if it's there.
    Sure there is. He is the best SEC RB prospect since Bo Jackson, which is to say he is about as bankable as it gets. Everyone else, is not so much. If you want to take the pressure off Jay, he is a great way to do it. Also, consider that Henry's longest run is 30 something yards and that was on that option play on the first play of the season. Several weeks into the season, our longest rushing TD was 9 yards. Plus, it wouldnt surprise me if Henry gets popped for peeing hot again. If we were trade up and get McFadden, we could then take Oher or Otah (depending on how the draft falls since there are several Ts slotted for the first including Clady) and upgrade our running game in one fell swoop.

Im for going after the big guy and fortifying our OLine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

As good as I think McFadden will be and as much as I would love to see him on the Broncos, I'm not sure the Broncos should trade up for a RB. Anyone watching the Broncos in the mid to late '90s knows what an impact a great back can have on the team, and McFadden 'could' be a great back.

However, we have Henry signed to a long term contract.. If he is released or traded, the team will take a cap hit, which they probably can't afford, considering they will likely need to sign some FA defensive players.
    Henry hasnt really been THAT great.

He is almost 30.

And Im not convinced he wont pee hot again.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Henry hasnt really been THAT great.

He is almost 30.

And Im not convinced he wont pee hot again.
    All that is true, but the Broncos still have a lot invested in him and I am not sure they will give up on him and the cap-hit so quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

All that is true, but the Broncos still have a lot invested in him and I am not sure they will give up on him and the cap-hit so quickly.
    I don't either, if Henry had lost his appeal Shanahan I could see Shanahan cutting him but since that didn't happen Henry will be sticking around.

I would love to have McFadden but since we're not going end up in the top two or three spots in the draft I can't see how we can get him.

Well, as expected, McFadden didn't win the Heisman, but he did pull in two awards.

2007 Doak Walker Award -- Best running back in college, with added qualificaion of being in good academic standing and on pace to graduate on time.

2007 Walter Camp Award -- Best college athlete voted on by NCAA Division 1 coaches and athletic directors.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information