Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1570

Thread: Broncos 2012 Draft Day Thread: 04/26/12 - 04/28/12

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    My issue with the Jackson hype is his pass rushing technique and production. Then people say "he played at Tennessee with no help". Ok...how much help did Wolfe have at Cincinnati? But I guess that doesnt count since it wasnt the SEC.

Potential? Yes overrated? HELL yes
    1-Another Cincy DT was drafted...so there goes that point.

2-Yer right, the conference does matter. Being alone in the SEC is a bit different than not being alone in the Big East.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Travathean...he's the dude on the Kentucky defense that you are actually worried about. Cats only had 2 of them this year, he was one of em. Dude is all over the place and if ya watch a Kentucky game, you constantly hear his name. COuld be because he's a friggin ballhawk who can't be stopped. Could be because nobody else in Lexington is willing/able to make a play. Either way, when I was texted that we grabbed him, I was very intrigued.

3. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I like a lot of the positions we took but have deep problems with this draft. If we wanted a RB, why not stay put and take Martin then DT in the second?

The QB pick in the second ruins the draft for me. There were a lot of players that could have helped us NOW and Denver passed them over.

I just don't know. Hopefully the team gets some depth out of it but I don't see a "year two" of a 3 year plan here. No impact players?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I like a lot of the positions we took but have deep problems with this draft. If we wanted a RB, why not stay put and take Martin then DT in the second?

The QB pick in the second ruins the draft for me. There were a lot of players that could have helped us NOW and Denver passed them over.

I just don't know. Hopefully the team gets some depth out of it but I don't see a "year two" of a 3 year plan here. No impact players?
    While I'm not pleased w/ the Osweiler pick either...he is still better than our QB backups. Hopefully we don't have to know the answer...but maybe he COULD help us win now.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    SA and I have both been mocking this guy for months. He's big, he's versatile, has a big motor, and he can move inside on passing downs. This is the heir apparant to Ayers, with more pass rush ability.
    how do you figure he has more pass rush? and honestly I don't see him as nearly as strong at the POA

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    how do you figure he has more pass rush? and honestly I don't see him as nearly as strong at the POA
    Because he does. Ayers was NEVER a pass rusher. I never understood why folks thought he was. He was a stout, soild DE who took time to develop. He had a total of 9 sacks his entire college career at DE. And he had folks around him. Jackson lined up at DT for the team and still got over 13 sacks...w/ constat double teams. Noone is saying he is Peppers, but he's already a pass rush improvement over Ayers. This is NOT a knock on Ayers. I don;t see this as a replacement. But Ayers game is to play the run and stay strong on his side. Not to chase down the QB.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Because he does. Ayers was NEVER a pass rusher. I never understood why folks thought he was. He was a stout, soild DE who took time to develop. He had a total of 9 sacks his entire college career at DE. And he had folks around him. Jackson lined up at DT for the team and still got over 13 sacks...w/ constat double teams. Noone is saying he is Peppers, but he's already a pass rush improvement over Ayers. This is NOT a knock on Ayers. I don;t see this as a replacement. But Ayers game is to play the run and stay strong on his side. Not to chase down the QB.
    it isn't a replacement. . . as much under front as we like to play, having that strong side end that can consistently set the edge is really valuable. . . all the good 4-3 teams are going to heavier and heavier rotations on the DL-- people want to bring fresh rushers in waves. . . jackson is a depth guy and nickel and dime contributor. . . folks need to be a little patient-- last year was ayers' first pro season at end-- with a very abbreviated off-season, and a new playbook-- and he still had his best year as a pro. . . guy has only been in the league three years, and he missed a big chunk of his second season. . . DLs take time to develop, and mayock specifically said ayers wouldn't reach his potential until at least his third year. . . i expect a good year out of him. . .

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    come on, steve, never question smiley on his vols. . .

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it isn't a replacement. . . as much under front as we like to play, having that strong side end that can consistently set the edge is really valuable. . . all the good 4-3 teams are going to heavier and heavier rotations on the DL-- people want to bring fresh rushers in waves. . . jackson is a depth guy and nickel and dime contributor. . . folks need to be a little patient-- last year was ayers' first pro season at end-- with a very abbreviated off-season, and a new playbook-- and he still had his best year as a pro. . . guy has only been in the league three years, and he missed a big chunk of his second season. . . DLs take time to develop, and mayock specifically said ayers wouldn't reach his potential until at least his third year. . . i expect a good year out of him. . .
    Ayers did have a solid season in fact it was better than I thought it would be. I don't think he will ever be the kind defensive end that will give us nine or more sacks a year but I think he's capable of giving us somewhere between 6 to 8 consistently that would give pretty formitable trio.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Ayers did have a solid season in fact it was better than I thought it would be. I don't think he will ever be the kind defensive end that will give us nine or more sacks a year but I think he's capable of giving us somewhere between 6 to 8 consistently that would give pretty formitable trio.
    I don't know - last year was definitely Ayers' best as a pro and he was still very average. He's got a lot of improving to do to live up to his draft status. I really hope I've been wrong about him and he becomes one of the best at his position, but he's going to have to improve by leaps and bounds.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information