Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutler/Orton take from a Bears fan friend of mine...

Here is my QB projection for the Broncos next year.

Orton wins the job over Simms.

Orton has about 3,700 yards passing.......23TD's vs 12 picks........

2. The Following User High Fived roomemp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    So McDaniels could justify having a losing record if Cutler fails in Chicago?
    sure there is no way to tell if cutler would have improved our record,not to mention our schedule is brutal compared to last years and we were only 8-8 with cutler then !

If Cutler fails in Chicago, it means he was a system guy, who benefited in Shanahan's system, the same system that turned Brian Griesballs and Jake Plunger into Pro Bowler's, and considering McDaniels is no longer running Shanahan's system, I'd say it was a damn good trade.

I don't think Cutler's going to fail in Chicago necessarily, but yea, if he does, I think there's n question that's how you have to look at it.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by roomemp View Post

sounds about right to me...
    then add 1570 yds rushing for moreno....".championship !"
    (it could happen)

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Quite honestly....i really don't give a **** about what kind of stats Orton puts up.

Orton needs to put that record of his on a showcase.....and prove that he can win without a defense...

I want wins from Orton......that's the reason we got the guy right? Because he's a winner?

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    And IF the Broncos tank I will be the first to call for his head.
    You won't be the first. The line has already formed.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

9. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

TD's and picks are hard to predict, but I would guess your yards aren't off by much, and I think you 'ratio' to TD/INTs are probably close.

I'm going to watch more of the NFL rewind of Chicago's first seven games (will watch one or two this weekend), before Orton got hurt, to get a better feel for how he plays.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    TD's and picks are hard to predict, but I would guess your yards aren't off by much, and I think you 'ratio' to TD/INTs are probably close.

I'm going to watch more of the NFL rewind of Chicago's first seven games (will watch one or two this weekend), before Orton got hurt, to get a better feel for how he plays.
    Check down, check down, hand off to Forte, check down, short throw turned into huge gain by Hester breaking some tackles, check down, hand off, hand off, check down, hand off, ocassional run.....and then get into the endzone and a failed TD spike: http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blog...bration-spike/

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

All of the Bears fans I know are stoked about the trade. They say they won't miss Orton and are happy to have Cutler. The lack of love from these guys is what scares me the most about Orton. I think he has potential and he is on a better team offensively so I give him a sluggers chance of contributing for us. I'm not counting out Simms just yet though, he could very well beat Orton out.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    All of the Bears fans I know are stoked about the trade. They say they won't miss Orton and are happy to have Cutler. The lack of love from these guys is what scares me the most about Orton. I think he has potential and he is on a better team offensively so I give him a sluggers chance of contributing for us. I'm not counting out Simms just yet though, he could very well beat Orton out.
    bears fans hate all their QBs. the important thing to look at is how orton's teammates felt about him... they all loved him and were sad to see him leave chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

15. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Check down, check down, hand off to Forte, check down, short throw turned into huge gain by Hester breaking some tackles, check down, hand off, hand off, check down, hand off, ocassional run.....and then get into the endzone and a failed TD spike: http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blog...bration-spike/
    i don't know what your point is... is this supposed to be a bad thing? the drive ended in a TD and ate up clock. put our receiving weapons in that scenario, and there will be less checkdowns becasue more people are open downfield or making plays after the catch.

hopefully he works on his spiking this offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It seems pretty clear that McDaniels tied his own hands. Meaning, he pushed it to the brink, then said, "I have no choice."

Cutler acted sophomorish, no question about that, but McDaniels created the fiasco.

The said part is what looked like awesome value for Cutler is now questionable, since we got Orton, Ayers, Smith and half of a blocking tight end. That means that two of these guys (orton, ayers or smith) are going to have to be perennial pro-bowlers, and/or HOF'rs for this to not look like a major debacle.
    Up until cutler and Clady I hardly think that MOST of mikes 1st rounders could be pro bowlers or for th matter HOF types.

For most of them they were starters in their 2-4th years and even then they were a joke..

I'm not understanding why Josh is being held to a higher standard..

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    bears fans hate all their QBs. the important thing to look at is how orton's teammates felt about him... they all loved him and were sad to see him leave chicago.
    True.. which means he's a good guy. But... the ND Irish loved Rudy too.... doesn't mean I want Rudy starting
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Up until cutler and Clady I hardly think that MOST of mikes 1st rounders could be pro bowlers or for th matter HOF types.

For most of them they were starters in their 2-4th years and even then they were a joke..

I'm not understanding why Josh is being held to a higher standard..
    Because Mike ws so criticized for his GM duties and drafting. If he was considered to be bad, and was fired for his GM'ing rather than his coaching..we BETTER be putting Josh to higher standards.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    McDaniels' hands were tied here. When you insult the owner, you deserve to go. I'm tired of talking about it.

Nice take on Orton and I don't think he'll resemble the Bears QB we once knew. Denver won with Jake Plummer a few years ago, who was one mistake-prone QB. All he has to do is be efficient and not make mistakes... like endzone INTs. I hope Brandstater learns from him.

jake plummer is totally irrelevant. shanny was the coach back then and our whole playbook was differant. plummer was the master of the bootleg and mike quickly put his skills to use.

orton is not in the same situation as plummer.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information