Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Cutler/Orton take from a Bears fan friend of mine...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Except for the batteries and obscenities, Broncos fans are no different from Eagles fans, they are ridiculously critical of the starting QB. I think Cutler has to be excited about playing for his favorite team, of course that may change, but at the moment I'd have to disagree. Bears fans are nothing like Eagles/Broncos fans.

I do agree that the Bears haven't had a legit QB in decades.......
    lol, yeah scrutiny in Denver is WAY more than Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    lol, yeah scrutiny in Denver is WAY more than Chicago.
    I think he's saying that Chicago isn't any less, and certainly not WAY less. Do you think the Denver is WAY less in scrutinizing the players, especially the QB??
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think he's saying that Chicago isn't any less, and certainly not WAY less. Do you think the Denver is WAY less in scrutinizing the players, especially the QB??
    Yes. The scrutiny in Chicago, L.A., New York, Philadelphia and Dallas far outweighs the scrutiny in Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Seattle...

Yes, the scrutiny that the player sees and hears is less.

Yes. The scrutiny in Chicago, L.A., New York, Philadelphia and Dallas far outweighs the scrutiny in Denver, Kansas City, Green Bay, Seattle...

how so? How do you figure? I haven't seen more scrutiny coming from Chicago on their players than I've seen in Denver.

You saying this because Chicago has a blue-collar reputation, or because of the size of the city?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    how so? How do you figure? I haven't seen more scrutiny coming from Chicago on their players than I've seen in Denver.

You saying this because Chicago has a blue-collar reputation, or because of the size of the city?
    The size of the media.

Like it or not, players don't really pay attention to scrutiny from the fans, because they can just pretty much reject that and not think about it. In Chicago, he's going to be confronted after every game by, at least, two newspapers, five radio stations and five television stations...and that's JUST the Chicago media, not including suburbs who have credentials, Milwaukee who has a Bears reporter, Gary, Ind., who probably does...it's just a different animal.

In Denver, it was KOA, 104.3 the fan, CBS, ABC, the Colorado Springs Gazette, Boulder Camera, every now and then the Fort Collins paper...

It's just a different animal.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

absolutely false,respectfully disagree 1000%.chicago is so used to having average qb's,seattle pretty much the same ,la doesnt have a team new york...probably close to as much as denver.
    denver fans and media have been requiring their qb to play almost at elways peak levels for 10 years thats why nobody has been good enough
    jay was givin a temporary pass as he was expected to be the "next elway"
    orton will be bashed if he is only average.
    people forget what average means ...like its a terrible thing
    in the nfl if your average that means your pretty damn good at what you do considering 99% of all the guys who ever played football cant even make an nfl roster let alone be a mid-level player

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    absolutely false,respectfully disagree 1000%.chicago is so used to having average qb's,seattle pretty much the same ,la doesnt have a team new york...probably close to as much as denver.
    denver fans and media have been requiring their qb to play almost at elways peak levels for 10 years thats why nobody has been good enough
    jay was givin a temporary pass as he was expected to be the "next elway"
    orton will be bashed if he is only average.
    people forget what average means ...like its a terrible thing
    in the nfl if your average that means your pretty damn good at what you do considering 99% of all the guys who ever played football cant even make an nfl roster let alone be a mid-level player
    The media scrutiny, what the players see, Chicago will absolutely far outweigh Denver. Absolutely.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

The media scrutiny, what the players see, Chicago will absolutely far outweigh Denver. Absolutely.
    it may now that they have cutler and are expecting a savior,but i think as a whole the fanbase and media have expected more out of the qb position in denver.also because of the style of offense.
    chicago like pittsburg and philly hold the defense more accountable as thats been their bread and butter so to speak.
    i,m not speaking of volume of media,more of expectations

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    it may now that they have cutler and are expecting a savior,but i think as a whole the fanbase and media have expected more out of the qb position in denver.also because of the style of offense.
    chicago like pittsburg and philly hold the defense more accountable as thats been their bread and butter so to speak.
    i,m not speaking of volume of media,more of expectations
    Trust me volume = expectations.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Lloyd
    I think what the receivers here are going to like is he throws a very catchable ball. I think sometimes when receivers say quarterbacks throw catchable balls, people are like, ‘Aren’t all the balls catchable?’ It’s just Kyle has the right amount of touch — he can throw a fastball, he can throw a touch ball, he throws an awesome deep ball — so the receivers here are really going to enjoy playing with him.
    http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...lay-in-denver/

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information