Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: D Thomas is poised to have a break out year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Default D Thomas is poised to have a break out year.

I am of the opinion that DT could be a top 5 WR in every category this year.

He is huge, fast and very hard to bring down. If DT can stay healthy he is a Megatron type of match up nightmare. Having a QB like Manning coupled with the fact that no one is double covering him yet will make this year a break out of epic proportions. Mark my words this guy is a superstar in the making. His only weakness is that he doesn't possess the B.Lloyd type of hands. He has dropped more than a few. Some of this is due to Tebow not throwing the easiest balls to catch at times so PM should help that alot.

Unlike most of the country I think that the DB WRs are a very good group and will surprise alot of people this year. Decker will also make a nice living off of DTs leftovers. PM spreads it around pretty good but IMO he has not yet had a WR of DTs caliber. Thats right, I think he (if he stays healthy) is better than Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. He's young and needs to work on the drops but he MANHANDLES smaller CBs and really is a huge match up problem. If PM gets an advantage like that where they have to double DT then its all over but the crying... that O will be unstoppable... Big BIG advantage for PM.

On the down side all of this depends on PMs arm strength recovering and his staying healthy. I have my doubts on that. Getting PM and ditching Tebow was a HUGE risk with a hell of an upside and an equally dramatic downside. One way or another its going to be spectacular to watch... either a jackpot/possibly championship success or a utterly epic failure of historic proportions that will leave the fan base reeling and pissed off McDanials style...

As I have said about Tebow I don't know if most of the DB fanbase even knows what they have in him yet. The injuries have something to do with that... there has been some bitterness about him being hurt so much. But if it goes well look for DT to become a supernova type star with gaudy numbers this year.

Beast.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bullgator For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Start Moar threds
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Start Moar threds
    Trolling again I see. Why are you such a hateful person man. Stay on topic.. agree disagree call me out w/e but with every post I think moar and moar that you are a kid.

no way. his head will fall off in camp....or sooner....like OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow

TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow TebowTebowTebow
    Wut?
    If not me, who?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    Wut?
    I cry for your mothers.

9. The Following User High Fived Bullgator For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wut?
    Supposedly, dood is not a Tebow fan.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    no way. his head will fall off in camp....or sooner....like OTAs
    Well I think he had some bad luck with that. And dont forget that he was hurt coming out of GT... he held that info on the downlo but yea he was hurt when he got drafted. Until this year he had not fully recovered. I think he is healthy now and there is no reason to think hes like genetically made of glass. I think he is durable but had a bad stretch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did you guys know that wide receivers look better when the guy throwing them the ball completes more than half his passes?

I know. Groundbreaking logic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Supposedly, dood is not a Tebow fan.
    Explain to me Mo why you guys are bringing up Tebow when the topic is DT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Gee, I wonder why?

Explain to me Mo why you guys are bringing up Tebow when the topic is DT.
    I dunno....

On the down side all of this depends on PMs arm strength recovering and his staying healthy. I have my doubts on that. Getting PM and ditching Tebow was a HUGE risk with a hell of an upside and an equally dramatic downside. One way or another its going to be spectacular to watch... either a jackpot/possibly championship success or a utterly epic failure of historic proportions that will leave the fan base reeling and pissed off McDanials style...
    If not me, who?

16. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

I dunno....
    I also mentioned PM, Decker and made the whole thread about DT.. and it was also relevant and the truth but you just chose to see what you want. you guys just love to hate... its cool with me man, do your thing. All you do is make me look better.
    Last edited by Bullgator; 04-23-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ditching Jay Cutler wasn't even "an utterly epic failure of historic proportions" and he can actually complete passes to the right side of the field. You act like Denver dumped Peyton Manning for Tim Tebow instead of the other way around.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-24-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I am of the opinion that DT could be a top 5 WR in every category this year.

He is huge, fast and very hard to bring down. If DT can stay healthy he is a Megatron type of match up nightmare. Having a QB like Manning coupled with the fact that no one is double covering him yet will make this year a break out of epic proportions. Mark my words this guy is a superstar in the making. His only weakness is that he doesn't possess the B.Lloyd type of hands. He has dropped more than a few. Some of this is due to Tebow not throwing the easiest balls to catch at times so PM should help that alot.

Unlike most of the country I think that the DB WRs are a very good group and will surprise alot of people this year. Decker will also make a nice living off of DTs leftovers. PM spreads it around pretty good but IMO he has not yet had a WR of DTs caliber. Thats right, I think he (if he stays healthy) is better than Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. He's young and needs to work on the drops but he MANHANDLES smaller CBs and really is a huge match up problem. If PM gets an advantage like that where they have to double DT then its all over but the crying... that O will be unstoppable... Big BIG advantage for PM.

As I have said about Tebow I don't know if most of the DB fanbase even knows what they have in him yet. The injuries have something to do with that... there has been some bitterness about him being hurt so much. But if it goes well look for DT to become a supernova type star with gaudy numbers this year.

Beast.
    Thanks for this post. I have the same expectations of Denver's receivers, and DT in particular.

I don't think the FO is as worried about the position as some of us are.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information