Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd KCL go?

5 people, not 4. FWIW.
    Posting from a mobile phone. Short replies and typos are likely.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned-Mobile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I personally don't understand why anyone would ask to have their account here retired. However, we've had a whole group here lately that all decided to do so, and it saddens me that all of them are gone.

I think that somehow we all take this internet message-board stuff way too seriously, and not seriously enough all at the same time. It's not taken seriously enough and the result is that people get their feelings really hurt, and then, once feelings are hurt it gets taken all to seriously. Result: in the space of a couple days 5 people ask for their accounts to be retired. All five got their feelings hurt for various reasons and seriously don't want to be here anymore.

Its a shame. But it's their decision, and I'm not going to go begging any of them to come back, it just increases the unecessary drama. They made a choice, and specifically asked for this. We should all respect their decision.

Well said. I don't quite get why you would want to retire your account myself. Its not like there is a legal requirement to log in to the site every so often if your user name is active.

Frankly, if the place ever got too much for me like that I'd send a quiet PM to Tned and fellow Mods, stop logging in, and that would be all. That leaves options open, and leaving yourself options > painting yourself into a corner.

I also pledge before you all that I will never at any point start an "I am quitting the site" thread, under any circumstances imaginable
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Sometimes it's important to remember that there are real people with real feelings behind the keyboards and usernames....
    Great point, and so very true Midnight Blue. And, obviously, that thought should be realized whether it is slamming someone in public, or slamming them on a one on one situation.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Well said. I don't quite get why you would want to retire your account myself. Its not like there is a legal requirement to log in to the site every so often if your user name is active.

Frankly, if the place ever got too much for me like that I'd send a quiet PM to Tned and fellow Mods, stop logging in, and that would be all. That leaves options open, and leaving yourself options > painting yourself into a corner.

I also pledge before you all that I will never at any point start an "I am quitting the site" thread, under any circumstances imaginable
    There is a possibility that someone would request that their account be retired, as that way, they will not receive negative pms, negative MHS, etc.

Just a thought.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I think it would be in the best interest of the forum to retire BigDaddy's account

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I personally don't understand why anyone would ask to have their account here retired. However, we've had a whole group here lately that all decided to do so, and it saddens me that all of them are gone.

you guys gonna tell us who and get it over with, or do we have to dig through olds posts and piece it together?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Well, I'm sad to see that some of the long time members here have decided to leave, but it's understandable. Personally, I'd never ask to have my account retired. If I ever felt that stuff was going poorly on the message board, I'd simply just ignore it and take a break. Whatever though. It is what it is.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you guys gonna tell us who and get it over with, or do we have to dig through olds posts and piece it together?
    That should be Tned's call IMO. Retiring an account is an action above Mod level. So I guess you can always dig if you want.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    4 horsemen and a Lady dogfish.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived yardog For This Post:

I think that somehow we all take this internet message-board stuff way too seriously, and not seriously enough all at the same time. It's not taken seriously enough and the result is that people get their feelings really hurt, and then, once feelings are hurt it gets taken all to seriously. Result: in the space of a couple days 5 people ask for their accounts to be retired. All five got their feelings hurt for various reasons and seriously don't want to be here anymore.

Its a shame. But it's their decision, and I'm not going to go begging any of them to come back, it just increases the unecessary drama. They made a choice, and specifically asked for this. We should all respect their decision.
    The problem is that there are some who see the internet as a place to act out in a way they never would in person.

If we could all just follow some normal guidelines of personal conduct this would be a much better place. For those of you who constantly say "it's just the internet", you're right but you don't take into account folks who are sincerely trying to act responsibly. It's NOT just the internet in one respect ... it's a microcosm of life except it's much harder to ignore the flames and slams here than it is in the real world.

KCL, you are one of the classy ones. If you read this, I miss you and your posts. Your sense of humor was, at times, classic.
    "Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused!" Unknown

17. The Following 11 Users High Fived deacon For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have that effect on women.
    If you had showered more often, maybe KCL would still be here.
    This space available for lease.

19. The Following 6 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

The only time I want my User Account retired is when I'm inducted into the Hall of Fame for BroncosForums.

West, you'd certainly be first ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    West, you'd certainly be first ballot.
    Oh stop it, Cicero.. You're making me blush.

23. The Following User High Fived West For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

West, I'll vote your sig in the hall of fame. But if you want to be voted in you will need to break the 10,000 post mark.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information