Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A-11

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Cool A-11

Has anyone heard of the A-11 offense. It allows for every player to act as an elgible receiver. It looks pretty sick. I don't think it would work in the NFL but it's interesting.
    http://a11offense.com/
    6 WR's
    2 TE's
    2 QB's
    1 C
    In Elway We Trust

can't work in the NFL.. you would have inelible receivers downfield on every pass play

I'm not too familiar with it, but I think the point of the A-11 is to spread out the defense and use shifts and motions to try and keep the defense guessing who the eligible receivers will be. I think it started in California, and if I remember right it's basically being outlawed there.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    I'm not too familiar with it, but I think the point of the A-11 is to spread out the defense and use shifts and motions to try and keep the defense guessing who the eligible receivers will be. I think it started in California, and if I remember right it's basically being outlawed there.
    ahh... ok. So not everyone leaves the LOS.... why would it be outlawed then? Too much creativity?

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I can't exactly remember the reasons given. Looking it up apparently a couple of months ago it was outlawed by the NFHS saying that teams running it were taking advantage of a loophole in the rules. It was supposed to be a way for any player to be eligible to catch the ball on any play, but jersey numbering would cut down on that unless you reported in. Also anyone aligned in the interior on the LOS would be ineligible on the snap of the ball.

It was quite creative though. Our HC experimented with it in practice a bit last fall, but we never tried it in a game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It was quite creative though. Our HC experimented with it in practice a bit last fall, but we never tried it in a game.
    The coach here at our high school ran an interesting formation about once or twice a game...on one hash he lined up the center and the quarterback, and outside of them to the near side he had one wide receiver. On the other side of the field, outside of the hash, he would line up four of the lineman and a receiver on the end, thus having all seven players on the line and everyone who had to be eligible, eligible, and then in a wishbone formation behind the offensive line he'd line up two wide receivers and the lone running back in the spread system. That lone running back was the back up quarterback.

There were a lot of options out of the formation.

Confused the hell out of the refs, though.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Even if it was legal, I don't see recievers blocking defensive ends on the NFL level.
    In Elway We Trust

11. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Even if it was legal, I don't see recievers blocking defensive ends on the NFL level.
    I doubt it too, but it's certainly an interesting topic...

They blindside a lot of defensive ends in it...there are plenty of holes, but especially for high school, it looks like a very effective scheme.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    The coach here at our high school ran an interesting formation about once or twice a game...on one hash he lined up the center and the quarterback, and outside of them to the near side he had one wide receiver. On the other side of the field, outside of the hash, he would line up four of the lineman and a receiver on the end, thus having all seven players on the line and everyone who had to be eligible, eligible, and then in a wishbone formation behind the offensive line he'd line up two wide receivers and the lone running back in the spread system. That lone running back was the back up quarterback.

There were a lot of options out of the formation.

Confused the hell out of the refs, though.
    That sounds like the 'swinging gate'. I see it run off and on, usually for two point conversions. We see it from one or two teams a year. They may run a play out of it or have everyone shift into a field goal set and just kick the XP. A lot of coaches will see how you adjust to it, and if you don't adjust well or look confused they'll run a preset play out of it. If you've adjusted well, they may just give a signal to shift to FG and kick it. Every once in a great while I see it run during a game, but that's been maybe once or twice in twelve years.

15. The Following User High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That sounds like the 'swinging gate'. I see it run off and on, usually for two point conversions. We see it from one or two teams a year. They may run a play out of it or have everyone shift into a field goal set and just kick the XP. A lot of coaches will see how you adjust to it, and if you don't adjust well or look confused they'll run a preset play out of it. If you've adjusted well, they may just give a signal to shift to FG and kick it. Every once in a great while I see it run during a game, but that's been maybe once or twice in twelve years.
    It was very similar to a swinging gate, but it was slightly different. It's been two years since I've seen it now, as he moved on, but it was a very interesting formation.

MB, that was a great find with the video of the A-11. Based on what I know about it (which granted isn't much), if you've got great athletes you could cause all sorts of havoc with it. If you don't, you'll get your butt handed to you. Of course I guess it's like that for anything, but personally I wouldn't try this offense unless you had a bunch of dedicated kids willing to work on it in the offseason and you had some serious talent across the board.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

It is a nice find! I never heard of the formation either!

Just a silly way for an undersized/less talented team to even the playing field with a spreading the field/misdirection offense. Spare me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    ahh... ok. So not everyone leaves the LOS.... why would it be outlawed then? Too much creativity?
    There has to be a minimum of 7 players lined up ON the line of scrimmage, otherwise, illegal formation. If a tackle is lined up too far back from the center, they call this. If a tackle is "uncovered", they call this. Guaranteed 5 yards backwards every play until you get inside the 10 yd line, then half the distance. That's why when an end goes in motion, another (usually) receiver-type has to step forward to the line to "cover" the tackle.
    The only eligible receivers have to be at the ENDS of the formation (and there can be only 2), hence the name.
    Last edited by gobroncsnv; 07-21-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

22. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information